Thread: With Mangini Gone The Hofstra Era Is Really Over

With Mangini Gone The Hofstra Era Is Really Over

with mangini he understood what hofstra meant to jets fans and the jets franchise

whoever the new guy is won't get why they are bussing the team to long island to practice for a weekend at a dump compared to the new facility

Jets Insider VIP
    shut up

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2942413]shut up[/QUOTE]

Amen

[IMG]http://www.masternewmedia.org/images/Clash_of_the_titans_cover_DVD_330o.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetsrule128;2942411]with mangini he understood what hofstra meant to jets fans and the jets franchise

whoever the new guy is won't get why they are bussing the team to long island to practice for a weekend at a dump compared to the new facility[/QUOTE]

Actually, JR, that is a great point.

Kind of sad.

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2942416][IMG]http://www.masternewmedia.org/images/Clash_of_the_titans_cover_DVD_330o.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL

Banned
    Can't be serious, can he?

Jets fans, the only fan base where potential, what could have been, what used to be and good practices means more than wins and losses. Can I get a "fear the Clowney?" :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=jetsrule128;2942411]with mangini he understood what hofstra meant to jets fans and the jets franchise

whoever the new guy is won't get why they are bussing the team to long island to practice for a weekend at a dump compared to the new facility[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and very sad. I know many dont watn this to be re-visitied but it is a glaring example of the disrespect the original fan base and NYers feel. Constantly feeling disrespected by the likes of big money.

Were the JETS fans at GIANTS STADIUM denied access to the score of the Ravens/JAGS game because ownership was afraid that the fans would leave and less hots and beer would be sold?

[QUOTE=copernicus;2942562]Thanks, and very sad. I know many dont watn this to be re-visitied but it is a glaring example of the disrespect the original fan base and NYers feel. Constantly feeling disrespected by the likes of big money.

[B]Were the JETS fans at GIANTS STADIUM denied access to the score of the Ravens/JAGS game because ownership was afraid that the fans would leave and less hots and beer would be sold?[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not one to personally attack anyone, usually...

But that's just f*cking ignorant. Would you seriously have left a game we were capable of winning based on the fact that we weren't going to make it into the playoffs? You need to go hop on the PATS bandwagon with all the other Ex Jet fans that gave up.

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;2942568]I'm not one to personally attack anyone, usually...

But that's just f*cking ignorant. Would you seriously have left a game we were capable of winning based on the fact that we weren't going to make it into the playoffs? You need to go hop on the PATS bandwagon with all the other Ex Jet fans that gave up.[/QUOTE]

Easy bro... Copernicus isn't stating that as his opinion, he is posing it as a question for the sake of discussion. That is how he is, don't pop off on him. He's one of the better conversation starters on the board.

With all the conspiracy theorists running amock right now, he's probably just putting it out there to see how far they'll run with it.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;2942568]I'm not one to personally attack anyone, usually...

But that's just f*cking ignorant. Would you seriously have left a game we were capable of winning based on the fact that we weren't going to make it into the playoffs? You need to go hop on the PATS bandwagon with all the other Ex Jet fans that gave up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Integrity, you are respected as well.

AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite makes a great point in stating "Would you seriously have left a game we were capable of winning based on the fact that we weren't going to make it into the playoffs" and he is correct. I wouldnt leave the game neccessarily and I believe fans like the ones on this board might not because they are the die hards. But you see owners like Woody Johnson dont neccessarily care about the die hards. We are the "suckers", we'll stay until the end. Woody is worried about losing money from the family that lives in Queens who's kids are cold and want to leave putting it on the Dad and Mom to think "maybe we should leave, the Jets are out of it, we have a long ride and the kids are getting crazy." or the fan that isn't "into it" as much as the die hard and doesnt want to sit in traffic. These are the people that buy all the gear, hot dogs, soda, and candy at the game in bunches. The die hards not as much. I feel it all comes down to the $ and the fans have to recognize total injustices when it is thrown in our faces.

With that said: Why would the JETS refuse to allow their fans know the score of the JAGS/Ravens game? It was also absent on CBS channel 2?

It makes you think? No?................

IMHO, my points can be somewhat taken to at the least address considering the circus that has become the stadium issue, Brett Favre and the PSLs......
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-30-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Veteran
    The Minnesota fans were denied the score of the Bears game, too. The announcers said it was because the MN FO wanted the players to focus on winning their game, not on what Chicago was doing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I fully believe that the NJ Jets have no use for me as a fan anymore other than my ill-spent dollars, lol, but even Greg Buttle before the game was ranting that the Jets should not show the score at the stadium, not to deny the fans, who would obviously have access to scores through personal electronic devices, but to keep the players heads in the game.

[QUOTE=copernicus;2942597]Thanks Integrity, you are respected as well.

AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite makes a great point in stating "Would you seriously have left a game we were capable of winning based on the fact that we weren't going to make it into the playoffs" and he is correct. I wouldnt leave the game neccessarily and I believe fans like the ones on this board might not because they are the die hards. But you see owners like Woody Johnson dont neccessarily care about the die hards. We are the "suckers", we'll stay until the end. Woody is worried about losing money from the family that lives in Queens who's kids are cold and want to leave putting it on the Dad and Mom to think "maybe we should leave, the Jets are out of it, we have a long ride and the kids are getting crazy." or the fan that isn't "into it" as much as the die hard and doesnt want to sit in traffic. These are the people that buy all the gear, hot dogs, soda, and candy at the game in bunches. The die hards not as much. I feel it all comes down to the $ and the fans have to recognize total injustices when it is thrown in our faces.

With that said: Why would the JETS refuse to allow their fans know the score of the JAGS/Ravens game? It was also absent on CBS channel 2?

It makes you think? No?................

IMHO, my points can be somewhat taken to at the least address considering the circus that has become the stadium issue, Brett Favre and the PSLs......[/QUOTE]

Integ is right... I jumped a little quickly but the nuts are out and about after this season and it's getting very old very fast.

I'm with you on the fact that Woody is a businessman above all else.

But with the way technology goes and how secretive the Jets became under Mangini, I think it more plausible that it was for the players benefit since a fan just had to look down at his cellphone or have a neighboring fan tell him. They're playing a back and forth game with Miami and had the Jags been winning (as they were when they showed the 7-3 score) I believe they would have let it be known throughout the stadium to boost morale on a team that's lacked it in recent weeks.

We make some unsound decisions as an organization but this was not one of them. Just my opinion though.

[QUOTE=32green;2942622]I fully believe that the NJ Jets have no use for me as a fan anymore other than my ill-spent dollars, lol, but even Greg Buttle before the game was ranting that the Jets should not show the score at the stadium, not to deny the fans, who would obviously have access to scores through personal electronic devices, but to keep the players heads in the game.[/QUOTE]

remember his bar/restaurant, "Buttle's" on hempstead tpk? those were the days...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2942658]remember his bar/restaurant, "Buttle's" on hempstead tpk? those were the days...[/QUOTE]

Lol, Spit, Uncle Sams, Reds....... that part of Hempstead turnpike was the "strip" back in the day....

:yes:

i mean the fans will still go

but the coaches won't care

how long do you think woody will keep the lets go to hofstra for 1 day during training camp tradition going

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;2942647]Integ is right... I jumped a little quickly but the nuts are out and about after this season and it's getting very old very fast.

I'm with you on the fact that Woody is a businessman above all else.

But with the way technology goes and how secretive the Jets became under Mangini, I think it more plausible that it was for the players benefit since a fan just had to look down at his cellphone or have a neighboring fan tell him. They're playing a back and forth game with Miami and had the Jags been winning (as they were when they showed the 7-3 score) I believe they would have let it be known throughout the stadium to boost morale on a team that's lacked it in recent weeks.

We make some unsound decisions as an organization but this was not one of them. Just my opinion though.[/QUOTE]

You make much sense. My head is spinning as much as the next fans. I do not like Woody as the owner for many personal "fan" reasons. I can see your point but I also believe there was a financial reason to not show the score as well. Just my opinion............

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2942658]remember his bar/restaurant, "Buttle's" on hempstead tpk? those were the days...[/QUOTE]

Being a fan in the 1980's and going out to Buttle's in the 1990s, and getting JETS info from him on SNY in 2008 makes me feel like Greg Buttle has been a part of my life for almost the last 30 years.............