Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Free Agents -- Possible Jets Targets?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather have Jeff Garcia then Kurt Warner..

Garcia did it with who?? Kurt Warner has Boldin, Fitzgerald.

Jeff Garcia is a scrambler and has heart. He would be perfect for the JETS..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassassin;2943414]Landry is a RFA and we'd have to give up something. I doubt the Ravens would part ways with the guy but if we could package Coles and a low draft pick that'd be our best option. It sucks cause I doubt they'd pick up his contract. Would absolutely love to see what him and Rhodes could do back there.

If we do get Cowher, which seems likely now, then I think the first person he'd go after is Bryant McFadden who he drafted in 2005. McFadden plays both CB and Safety, is very productive (4 INTs, 1 sack, and 5 INTs), and knows the 3-4.

However, if we really got both Landry and McFadden that'd be perfect. In the draft, take care of ILB (1st round) and WR (2nd round).[/QUOTE]

Its clear we need a CB badly. McFadden would be a great fit on our 34. Nnamdi is going to cost a fortune.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;2943213]It would never happen in a billion years, but adding Nnamdi and Sharper would give us the best secondary in the league.[/QUOTE]

Even Revis, Nnamdi, Rhodes and Sharper can't cover for 12 seconds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LEVYMAN;2943421]I would rather have Jeff Garcia then Kurt Warner..

Garcia did it with who?? Kurt Warner has Boldin, Fitzgerald.

Jeff Garcia is a scrambler and has heart. He would be perfect for the JETS..[/QUOTE]

He looks like he's 70 years old.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    surely the majority of this list is already re-signed and if not the likes of guys like albert will be franchised again... TJ is a real possibility since he has already stated hes open to moving out of Cincy although they may tag him when 85 gets traded/cut...

shoot me for sayin this but if Spags or any other 4-3 coach comes on board, why not make another run at Vilma?? The saints wont re-sign him since it will cost them a 1st and he may want to play in NY again...

our heavy hitters are already on board so dont look for another shootout this offseason, role-playing guys like Corey Ivy of BAL or Monty Beisel out of AZ cousld be had for cheap... all depends on our coach.. hell, we may be able to coax Sugggs if we hire Rex Ryan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the salary situation with the jets and the nfl? Would be great if someone can make a thread with the info of jets free agents,rfas, and the entire cap situation in itself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seanmac31;2943341]There's no money for any of this. In any event, several players (Haynesworth included) will be off the market before free agency starts.

[B]We got our toys last year. This year, you're strictly looking at tweaking the roster[/B].[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People here think we can simply empty our wallet every year. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. We'll be lucky if we add 1 or 2 decent name to this team, and it won't be one of the top FA out there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guck the Fiants;2943221]I am pretty sure Farrior just signed a big extension in Pitt.[/QUOTE]

he'll be 34 and probably out of the league next yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;2943213]It would never happen in a billion years, but adding Nnamdi and [B]Sharper [/B]would give us the best secondary in the league.[/QUOTE]

who cares w/you think [B]as*Clown... [/B] now get off Sharpers C0ck bc he is old. dumbA** you think you know every F*cking thing. stupid as* kid!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB- [B]Kurt Warner[/B], Jeff Garcia, David Garrard, Kerry Collins, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Orton, and Chris Simms.

RB- There are a few studs here: [B]Steven Jackson[/B], Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Correll Buckhalter, [B]Darren Sproles[/B], Cedric Benson, JJ Arrington, Fred Jackson, LaMont Jordan, Kevin Jones, and Dominic Rhodes

WR- [B]Antonio Bryant, TJ Housh, [/B]Devery Henderson, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Koren Robinson, and Reggie Williams

OL- Not a whole lot here: Pete Kendall, Mark Tausher, and Mike Goff among others.

DL- [B]Julius Peppers, Albert Haynesworth[/B], Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Bertrand Berry, and more.

LB- Channing Crowder, James Farrior, Andra Davis,[B] Jonathan Vilma, Bart Scott[/B], Willie McGinest, Jyles Tucker

CB- [B]Nnamdi Asomugha[/B], Chris Gamble, Bryant McFadden, and Dunta Robinson

S- Mike Brown,[B] Darren Sharper[/B], Dawan Landry, [B]Brian Dawkins[/B]

Players highlighted in bold,the Jets should seriously consider.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pennington10ToMoss83;2943896]QB- [B]Kurt Warner[/B], Jeff Garcia, David Garrard, Kerry Collins, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Orton, and Chris Simms.

RB- There are a few studs here: [B]Steven Jackson[/B], Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Correll Buckhalter, [B]Darren Sproles[/B], Cedric Benson, JJ Arrington, Fred Jackson, LaMont Jordan, Kevin Jones, and Dominic Rhodes

WR- [B]Antonio Bryant, TJ Housh, [/B]Devery Henderson, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Koren Robinson, and Reggie Williams

OL- Not a whole lot here: Pete Kendall, Mark Tausher, and Mike Goff among others.

DL- [B]Julius Peppers, Albert Haynesworth[/B], Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Bertrand Berry, and more.

LB- Channing Crowder, James Farrior, Andra Davis,[B] Jonathan Vilma, Bart Scott[/B], Willie McGinest, Jyles Tucker

CB- [B]Nnamdi Asomugha[/B], Chris Gamble, Bryant McFadden, and Dunta Robinson

S- Mike Brown,[B] Darren Sharper[/B], Dawan Landry, [B]Brian Dawkins[/B]

Players highlighted in bold,the Jets should seriously consider.[/QUOTE]

The list I was going off of is old. Jackson was signed to an extension -- there are other players on that list who are also signed.

Anybody have an updated free-agent list?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2943893]who cares w/you think [B]as*Clown... [/B] now get off Sharpers C0ck bc he is old. dumbA** you think you know every F*cking thing. stupid as* kid!!!!!!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Decaf, dude. Decaf.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JV51;2943540]Does anyone know the salary situation with the jets and the nfl? Would be great if someone can make a thread with the info of jets free agents,rfas, and the entire cap situation in itself.[/QUOTE]

[url]www.nyjetscap.com[/url] for the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2943893]who cares w/you think [B]as*Clown... [/B] now get off Sharpers C0ck bc he is old. dumbA** you think you know every F*cking thing. stupid as* kid!!!!!!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

You really need to chill out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be huge if Favre retires....There are also a lot of players who have pretty big cap values that we can release or restructure with....Unluckily Coles is not one of these players. I really feel we should trade him.

The cap situation is not that bad if Favre retires....if he doesn't I rather release him as there is no penalty for doing so....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=arsenal1189;2943994]It would be huge if Favre retires....There are also a lot of players who have pretty big cap values that we can release or restructure with....Unluckily Coles is not one of these players. I really feel we should trade him.

The cap situation is not that bad if Favre retires....if he doesn't I rather release him as there is no penalty for doing so....[/QUOTE]

1. Favre retiring saves about 13 mill, lets pray that due to the bicep tear he'll call it quits

2. Cut Barton, Franks, Law, Nugent

3. Trade Coles (he's a UFA next season anyway).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would cut Baker and Bowens too....