Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan should be the next HC

Rex Ryan should be the next HC

This is the guy right here. He runs an aggressive defense, he is buddy ryans son and he runs the 3-4.

All League
    The Jets should be more concerned about lining him up for an interview, rather than Spags.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am ok with it if they bring in a very good offensive guy.

[QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;2943961]This is the guy right here. He runs an aggressive defense, [B]he is buddy ryans son[/B] and he runs the 3-4.[/QUOTE]

And we all know how great a head coach Buddy was

[QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;2943961]This is the guy right here. He runs an aggressive defense, he is buddy ryans son and he runs the 3-4.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm a Parcels guy. But it doesn't look like he's going to be considered. So IMO, either Rex or Spagnuolo would be preferable over Cowher.

All League
    [QUOTE=highvoltage;2943969]And we all know how great a head coach Buddy was[/QUOTE]

Buddy was actually fantastic with the Eagles.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2943988]Buddy was actually fantastic with the Eagles.[/QUOTE]

Really? One of the best defenses ever. No rings. I don't think he even won a division title.

All Pro
    Rex Ryan, make it happen fool....:D

I want him so badly

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2943988]Buddy was actually fantastic with the Eagles.[/QUOTE]

One of the best D-minds out there EVER!!!

as an HC he had tons of talent in PHI and still couldn't overcome the NFCE.
    Andre Waters, Randall Cunningham, Seth Joyner, Clyde Simmons, Jerome Brown, Eric Allen, Cris Carter, Fred Barnett, and Keith Jackson.

Not a bad bunch there.

Never liked him as an in game coach.

For me Cowher is a no-brainer and I think it will happen. After hearing Woody i'm convinced there is no way we take a 1st timer for HC

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He'd be my #1 choice for the HC of the NYJ. I'll be pissed if the team doesn't at least interview him.

All League
    I don't think its fair to say that Rex will be exactly like his father.

They are different people.

Agreed

I didn't bring up that point the OP did.

I was pointng out that it may not be a plus if Rex was like his dad as an HC

Happy to see more people are seeing the light...cause you all know where I stand.

On NFL Live a few moments ago, Michael Smith said that Rex is on the list of candidates -- sadly the FO can't speak to him until the Ravens lose.

All League
    [QUOTE=dassassin;2944078]Happy to see more people are seeing the light...cause you all know where I stand.

On NFL Live a few moments ago, Michael Smith said that Rex is on the list of candidates -- sadly the FO can't speak to him until the Ravens lose.[/QUOTE]

But how come they can speak to Spags?

EDIT:
    "Per NFL rules, coaching candidates on teams among the top two playoff seeds in each conference can interview for jobs only during their playoff bye this week."

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2944083]But how come they can speak to Spags?

EDIT:
    "Per NFL rules, coaching candidates on teams among the top two playoff seeds in each conference can interview for jobs only during their playoff bye this week."[/QUOTE]

Yea, the Giants have a first-round bye and the Ravens play the Phins this weekend.

[QUOTE=arsenal1189;2944006]

I want him so badly[/QUOTE]

ghey.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BLEED JET GREEN;2944095]ghey.[/QUOTE]

True,

Great Sig BTW

Getting Ryan for the Jets would be like the Ravens going for Billick. He was considered an offensive genius with Minny, right?

Why credit Ryan with the Ravens success on defense? He deserves some for sure, but would anyone expect the same defense, without Lewis, Reed & Suggs, etc? He's as good any candidate out there, but thats not saying a whole lot.

Personally, I'd go for Spags myself. He's come up with amazing game plans that work even when players are injured / retired.

[QUOTE=dassassin;2944078]Happy to see more people are seeing the light...cause you all know where I stand.

On NFL Live a few moments ago, Michael Smith said that Rex is on the list of candidates -- [B]sadly the FO can't speak to him until the Ravens lose[/B].[/QUOTE]

That sucks but I hope they destroy the Phins THEN lose the next game.

All League
    [QUOTE=Tailgater;2944102]Getting Ryan for the Jets would be like the Ravens going for Billick. He was considered an offensive genius with Minny, right?

Why credit Ryan with the Ravens success on defense? He deserves some for sure, but would anyone expect the same defense, without Lewis, Reed & Suggs, etc? He's as good any candidate out there, but thats not saying a whole lot.

Personally, I'd go for Spags myself. He's come up with amazing game plans that work even when players are injured / retired.[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan has been an integral part of the Ravens defense since 1999-- including the unstoppable superbowl defense. To not give him any credit for their success would be downright foolish.