• Deangelo Williams

1 2.78%
  • Other (specify)

2 5.56%

Thread: NFL MVP Discussion

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL MVP Discussion

Since I have no idea how to make a poll, lets have a discussion about MVP. Here's my list of candidates.

QBs
    Peyton Manning: almost single-handedly turned what looked to be the first down year for the Colts in forever, into a legitimate SB contender. He did it when it mattered, late in the 4th quarter. I give him the best chance to win because of his reputation.

Chad Pennington: No Jets fan can be surprised with the performance of Chad. He's been consistent and has kept his mistakes to a minimum. He turned around a 1-15 team to 11-5, and he joined the team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season. I think he gets serious consideration.

Kurt Warner: Cardinals had no run-game this season but Kurt was helped out by having 2 of the best receivers in football to throw to. He was a legitimate MVP candidate 1 month ago but the late season semi-collapse will dramatically hurt his chance.

Philip Rivers: QB'd an 8-8 team which means he won't win the award but I put his name here because of his stats. Flat-out the best QB in the league this year. 34 TD, 11 INT, 105.5 RATING AND NO PRO BOWL (well he will replace Favre I'm guessing)

RBs
    Adrian Peterson: Led the league in rushing again and led his team to the number 3 seed and a division title.

Deangelo Williams: The darkhorse of the group. Averaged 5.5 YPC and led all RBs with 18 TD.

I didnt include any defensive players because 1) they never win it and 2) it's too hard to judge their importance. But Ed Reed, Polamalu, and James Harrison were for me, 3 of the best players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd vote for Pennington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta be Peyton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to say Peyton Manning.

I would LOVE to see a defensive player take it even thought it would never happen. Ed Reed is just ridiculous

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning by FAR! It looked as though the Colts were d-u-n DONE at the beginning of the season, amidst the Harrison scandal AND the "recovery" process that Manning was going through.. Peyton literally took this team on his back and got them to the playoffs. Going into the playoffs, they look dangerous.... Manning has solidified himself AGAIN as one of the BEST in the NFL, and due to his resurrection of the Colts, he HAS to be considered the NFL MVP for 2008.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jettingtovictory;2943978]Since I have no idea how to make a poll, lets have a discussion about MVP. Here's my list of candidates.

QBs
    Peyton Manning: almost single-handedly turned what looked to be the first down year for the Colts in forever, into a legitimate SB contender. He did it when it mattered, late in the 4th quarter. I give him the best chance to win because of his reputation.

Chad Pennington: No Jets fan can be surprised with the performance of Chad. He's been consistent and has kept his mistakes to a minimum. He turned around a 1-15 team to 11-5, and he joined the team 2 weeks before the beginning of the season. I think he gets serious consideration.

Kurt Warner: Cardinals had no run-game this season but Kurt was helped out by having 2 of the best receivers in football to throw to. He was a legitimate MVP candidate 1 month ago but the late season semi-collapse will dramatically hurt his chance.

Philip Rivers: QB'd an 8-8 team which means he won't win the award but I put his name here because of his stats. Flat-out the best QB in the league this year. 34 TD, 11 INT, 105.5 RATING AND NO PRO BOWL (well he will replace Favre I'm guessing)

RBs
    Adrian Peterson: Led the league in rushing again and led his team to the number 3 seed and a division title.

Deangelo Williams: The darkhorse of the group. Averaged 5.5 YPC and led all RBs with 18 TD.

I didnt include any defensive players because 1) they never win it and 2) it's too hard to judge their importance. But Ed Reed, Polamalu, and James Harrison were for me, 3 of the best players.[/QUOTE]

If it's possible to get the Rookie of the Year and MVP you gotta consider Matt Ryan.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2943990]Gotta be Peyton.[/QUOTE]

Hands down

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phillip Rivers is the only reason the Chargers ended up playing the Bronco's for the Division...

He played outstanding this year on a team that had possibly the worst in game luck in the history of the NFL...

That says a lot...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning. When he wasnt healthy at the beginning of the year, that team struggled.

Once he became 100%, that team started rocking. And he had a stellar year with both Addai and Harrison really being non-existent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haynesworth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Playoff Pennington

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drew Brees

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vote Chad but I am a little biased.

I expect Peyton to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jettingtovictory;2944325]I vote Chad but I am a little biased.

[/QUOTE]

Only if he's allowed to send Ronnie Brown to pick it up for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Course Peyton!