Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shefter reporting NO WAY Cowher ....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

shefter reporting NO WAY Cowher ....

coaches this year, just posted on PFT at 4:09pm

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never wanted Cowher, Rex Ryan baby...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    give me sexy rexy.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what he probably said about the Jets getting Favre.
    These reporters dont know anything. Its all BS

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dana_jets;2944020]Thats what he probably said about the Jets getting Favre.
    [B]These reporters dont know anything. Its all BS[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

Probably b/c there is nothing to know right now.

The speculation is what keeps these guys employed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]ADAM SCHEFTER
    Cowher won’t be on a sideline in ‘09
    Posted: December 30th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Bill Cowher, New York Jets
    Bill Cowher madness is running through New York, sports talk radio and national football shows.
    Time to curb it. No more back page headlines, no more sports-talk radio calls, no more ticker scrolls, no more conjecture.
    These are the facts.
    No matter what anyone says, Bill Cowher is not going to be the New York Jets next head coach. If he talks to them — which is a possibility simple for the fact that he is smart enough never to big time anybody — it is to do nothing more than to inform them that he is not interested in the New York coaching job in 2009 nor any other head coaching job at this time and he respect the job the Jets do.
    Kansas City, where Cowher worked as an assistant coach and still has many friends, could not convince him to return if it wanted.
    Cleveland, where Cowher played and still has many friends, could not convince him to return when it tried.
    But New York can? Fugettaboutit.
    Cowher’s refusal to take the Jets job, or any other, has nothing to do with the front office structure in New York or anywhere else. It has everything to do with Cowher’s desire to coach again. Quite frankly, it’s not there right now.
    He will not coach this season and — attention NFL owners who might be making coaching changes in 2009 — there’s every chance he will not coach next season, as well.
    He is enjoying his new scaled-back, family-driven, TV-working life where he can take more piano lessons than he imagined. He doesn’t have to put in the hours he did coaching the Steelers. He always reserves the right to change his mind, but he’s not changing it now.
    Cowher’s not coming back. Not for the 2009 season. Put that in headlines.[/QUOTE]

Thats what he posted on Nfl.com

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dana_jets;2944020]Thats what he probably said about the Jets getting Favre.
    These reporters dont know anything. Its all BS[/QUOTE]actually he's one of the better reporters out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rumor that a "Jets' source" has said that they are willing to do whatever it takes to land Cowher, might mean he's trying a "power-play" on the Jets to get Total Control-Final Say if.......he were to become Head Coach of the Jets. Think about it, Cowher left the Steelers mainly due to the fact that he wasn't comparably compensated by the Steelers for their success under his regime. New York is the BIGGEST sports market in the WORLD and the Jets are opening a new stadium in 2010 AND they need to put a--es in the seats. Above all, it would be a wise business decision on Woody's part to invest in Cowher and win the fans support back! Not to bring it up, but when Parcells' name became associated with the Miami Dolphins, they immediately sold MORE tickets!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shefter is usually pretty good so it would be interesting to see him be wrong.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;2944028]The rumor that a "Jets' source" has said that they are willing to do whatever it takes to land Cowher, might mean he's trying a "power-play" on the Jets to get Total Control-Final Say if.......he were to become Head Coach of the Jets. Think about it, Cowher left the Steelers mainly due to the fact that he wasn't comparably compensated by the Steelers for their success under his regime. New York is the BIGGEST sports market in the WORLD and the Jets are opening a new stadium in 2010 AND they need to put a--es in the seats. Above all, it would be a wise business decision on Woody's part to invest in Cowher and win the fans support back! [B]Not to bring it up, but when Parcells' name became associated with the Miami Dolphins, they immediately sold MORE tickets!![/B][/QUOTE]

Really ?!?

Because on opening day you could walk up to the window and buy as many tickets as you wanted 20 min before Kickoff

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll coach the team

Let me be the coach, I will be dedicated and will eat and sleep Jets football, as I do now. The amount of time I have spent following this team over the last 35 years, I feel that I would be a great head coach. Start a petition for me- I will do the Job for free, and if I win the Superbowl, pay me 1 million. I am a ball buster, and would not take any crap from any players, or media. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know...Its like every reporter/radio person whatever are just pushing each other around saying "No, Im right! No, Listen to me!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Shefter's the best info guy in the business. I think it's safe to say that Cowher-to-the-Jets is dead.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he's right, maybe Cower doesnt want to coach this year. but dont tell the guy doesnt want coach football right now so he can take more piano lessons and crap like that. Thats just Bull.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shefter is probably getting paid by Cowher's agent to say this and drive up his price. Notice Shefter does not site where he is getting his info from.

Why would Cowher be willing to talk to the Jets but not Cleveland if he did not want to "big time" anyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell is Shefter? If I'm not mistaken, Cowher is the only one who knows whether he'll be coaching next year or not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesssss

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schefter's info is usually reliable. If anyone else said it I might have doubts, but he has a good track record.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2944041]Shefter's the best info guy in the business. I think it's safe to say that Cowher-to-the-Jets is dead.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Shefter is usually right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King also says it ain't gonna happen. It's impossible to know which rumors are real and which are BS... especially with ESPN, who has already dropped the ball on this about 50 times.