Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shefter reporting NO WAY Cowher ....

[QUOTE=caster;2944007]coaches this year, just posted on PFT at 4:09pm[/QUOTE]

Great, hopefully this will expedite the arrival of Shanny :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that Schefter is one of the best insiders in the business, but I can't buy this.

Why in the hell wouldn't Cowher just come out and say "I'm not coaching this year"?

If he didn't want to coach, why would he meet with Cleveland, turn them down and say he doesn't want to coach, then agree to meet with Jets management?

I really doubt he has a scheduled meeting with us just to say that he isn't interested in coaching this season. That's the kind of sh*t you can say through a 5 minute phone call, not a scheduled face to face meeting.

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;2944571]Peter King also says it ain't gonna happen. It's impossible to know which rumors are real and which are BS... especially with ESPN, who has already dropped the ball on this about 50 times.[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes if you turn to ESPN, they say the deal is still alive while ESPNEWS will say it's dead and done. Funny network they got goin' in that there Bristol...

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2944041]Shefter's the best info guy in the business. I think it's safe to say that Cowher-to-the-Jets is dead.[/QUOTE]

he said favre to tb was all but done and the jets had no chance......like the above poster said a lot of guessing at this point.......makes me want to puke how people think that dork is god!

[QUOTE=JetDevil74;2944580]Sometimes if you turn to ESPN, they say the deal is still alive while ESPNEWS will say it's dead and done. Funny network they got goin' in that there Bristol...[/QUOTE]

I know! It's freakin' hilarious! Glad someone else saw that. Then, I see on ESPNews, one of their Jets guys says that there's nothing wrong with Favre's arm, not 3 minutes after the ticker tells me he's got a torn biceps tendon and some calcification. These people floor me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=dassassin;2944134]Yesssss[/QUOTE]

Ok, he's a cutie....I'll vote for Rex Ryan......not as cute and cuddly as my teddy bear Mangini..........

All League
    [quote=Buzzsaw;2944041]Shefter's the best info guy in the business. I think it's safe to say that Cowher-to-the-Jets is dead.[/quote]

As you know, Boomer sits with him on the pre-game show. Boomer stated unequivocally, that he sees the longing in Cowher's eyes when he watches film. He said he believes, though Cowher may not admit it, he wants to coach badly.

The problem, in my eyes, is that Cowher promised his family 2 years away from coaching. That will weigh heavily.

Regardless, there are several good candidates out there other than Cowher. I believe Woody and Mike will be very thorough, and there is no reason we shouldn't be able to land a really good coach.

Veteran
    These clowns know nothing. They are used as pawns in the contract negotiation game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;2944597]As you know, Boomer sits with him on the pre-game show. Boomer stated unequivocally, that he sees the longing in Cowher's eyes when he watches film. He said he believes, though Cowher may not admit it, he wants to coach badly.

The problem, in my eyes, is that Cowher promised his family 2 years away from coaching. That will weigh heavily.

Regardless, there are several good candidates out there other than Cowher. I believe Woody and Mike will be very thorough, and there is no reason we shouldn't be able to land a really good coach.[/QUOTE]

When did you hear Boomer say that? I listen to the WFAN every morning on my way to work and when Craig pushed him to say something he flatly refused, he wouldn't comment on Cowher at all......

All League
    [quote=jetgirl;2944609]When did you hear Boomer say that? I listen to the WFAN every morning on my way to work and when Craig pushed him to say something he flatly refused, he wouldn't comment on Cowher at all......[/quote]

I heard Craig push him also. I was surprised to hear him say that, after Craig got nothing out of him. Boomer obviously knew something, but was sworn to secrecy.

Honestly, I don't remember where I heard this. I have heard so many different shows and interviews over the past few days on TV, radio and XM. If it wasn't on WFAN, then it was when someone else interviewed him. I promise you, I definitely heard him say it somewhere.

Did anyone else hear this?
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 12-30-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;2944625]Honestly, I don't remember, I have heard so many different shows and interviews over the past few days. If it wasn't on WFAN, then it was when someone else interviewed him. I promise you, I definitely heard him say it somewhere.

Did anyone else hear this?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we can listen to Monday's broadcast on the official WFAN's website.............but I remember Craig being his usual annoying self drilling Boomer to no end but Boomer kept saying he had no comment.........

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;2944625]I heard Craig push him also. I was surprised to hear him say that, after Craig got nothing out of him. Boomer knew something but was sworn to secrecy.

Honestly, I don't remember where I heard this. I have heard so many different shows and interviews over the past few days on TV, radio and XM. If it wasn't on WFAN, then it was when someone else interviewed him. I promise you, I definitely heard him say it somewhere.

Did anyone else hear this?[/QUOTE]

yea i herd it also