Thread: Woody wants to sell his PSLs??

Woody wants to sell his PSLs??

There's no salary cap on coaching...

OC-Mike Martz
    DC-Rob Ryan
    HEAD COACH-Mike Shanahan

I've been very consistent in saying that Cowher hasn't been my first choice. However, if we can get martz and ryan as the coordinators, having Cowher the glorified cheerleader as our head coach may not be bad after all!

GET IT DONE WOODY!
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 12-30-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Explain why Ryan becomes the DC here in this scenario?

[QUOTE=Mike D;2944320]Explain why Ryan becomes the DC here in this scenario?[/QUOTE]

$$$$$$$$$

Throw money at him. Again, no salary cap issues with coaching. If he really wants to sell those PSLs...

Rex Ryan can't get out of his contract for a job that isn't a promotion. And since he's already AHC/DC of Baltimore, there's no room to go up other then HC.

Plus, as we've seen before (Thank you Daniel Snyder), All-star coaching staffs rarely work out because each guy has his own philosophy's on how things should be done. Martz and Shanahan on the same O would be a disaster.

Martz and shanahan dont even run the same offensive system. I like Shanahan and he can bring whoever he wants to run the offense and defense it cant be any worse then what we witnessed the last 2 years.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;2944351]Rex Ryan can't get out of his contract for a job that isn't a promotion. And since he's already AHC/DC of Baltimore, there's no room to go up other then HC.

Plus, as we've seen before (Thank you Daniel Snyder), All-star coaching staffs rarely work out because each guy has his own philosophy's on how things should be done. Martz and Shanahan on the same O would be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I meant Rob Ryan, the raiders one!

You're right, Martz and Shanahan wouldn't work. Which is why I'd be ok with Cowher. :)

All League
    I'm more inclined to lean towards Rex Ryan than an offensive guy.

Schotty jr. is decent at what he does.

Bob Sutton is absolutely awful. And if there was a defense that was EVEN worse than Sutton's, it was whatever Shanahan was doing in Denver despite having guys like Champ Bailey.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2944395]I'm more inclined to lean towards Rex Ryan than an offensive guy.

Schotty jr. is decent at what he does.

Bob Sutton is absolutely awful. And if there was a defense that was EVEN worse than Sutton's, it was whatever Shanahan was doing in Denver despite having guys like Champ Bailey.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but keep in mind, Denver hasn't had a steady defensive system there in forever. Further, if Shanahan can get either of the ryans here, they would hand total control over to them, ala Lebeau in Pitt.

Martz is a genius in the vertical game, and Shanahan is a monster running schemer. And even though Martz can get a little crazy, Shanahan would hold final authority over gameplans/play calling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;2944422]Fair enough, but keep in mind, Denver hasn't had a steady defensive system there in forever. Further, if Shanahan can get either of the ryans here, they would hand total control over to them, ala Lebeau in Pitt.

Martz is a genius in the vertical game, and Shanahan is a monster running schemer. And even though [B]Martz can get a little crazy[/B], [B]Shanahan would hold final authority over gameplans/play calling[/B].[/QUOTE]

You listed 2 BIG reasons why this combination WOULDN'T WORK....

The ONLY reason that Rob Ryan was linked to the Jets was due to his realtionship with Mangini. WHY would he continue to be linked to the Jets with Mangini gone? Scott Pioli also has relationships with Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini AND Rob Ryan. A tandem of that group sounds more plausable than with the Jets. If Rex Ryan were to leave Baltimore, it would be to become a Head Coach somewhere else. I would be happy with Marty Scottenheimer myself, with Schotty Jr. as the OC because whoever Scottenheimer would have as his DC, he would give total control to.

~ Bill Cowher is my 1st Choice just for the record.

All Pro
    The deal with Cowher will get done with Butler being our New DC..Count on it! The Dick LeBeau 3-4 defensive will be here..
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 12-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.