Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive pic of Feds interrogating Bernard Madoff

Live better , Work Union

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2950373]What are we waiting for?? Let's round up liberals and throw them into detention centers. They aid terrorists and are criminals that rob good hearted Amer-uh-cans. If the situation is as severe and disastrous as people claim, why are we taking no action? Should I arm myself and shoot any liberals I run into? Should I stock up on arms and weapons and stage attacks on Starbucks and Pier 1 Imports?

Good God! I'm scared to death, man. The liberals are coming! The liberals are coming! Is there anything we can do?!?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, prob not...the Obama Kool Aid has been consumed. Unions are full of lazy a$$ do-nothings. That's a FACT.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2950845]unfortunately, prob not...the Obama Kool Aid has been consumed. Unions are full of lazy a$$ do-nothings. That's a FACT.[/QUOTE]

You know what strikes me as funny? The same party that had a problem with Obama saying that blue collar Americans cling to guns and religion have no problem labeling them as lazy a** do nothings.

And this is why the Republicans will never win a national election ever again. Blue collar workers will see them for the scumbag a**holes that they are. Sucking up to Wall Street while doing everything in their power to try to cut wages for them. They'll see the truth and realize that Republicans share NONE of their values.

Very good point, they would rather f their own country and cater to shareholders. Look where it has gotten us.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2950859]You know what strikes me as funny? The same party that had a problem with Obama saying that blue collar Americans cling to guns and religion have no problem labeling them as lazy a** do nothings.

And this is why the Republicans will never win a national election ever again. Blue collar workers will see them for the scumbag a**holes that they are. Sucking up to Wall Street while doing everything in their power to try to cut wages for them. They'll see the truth and realize that Republicans share NONE of their values.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;2950862]Very good point, they would rather f their own country and cater to shareholders. Look where it has gotten us.[/QUOTE]

People like Tucker are just programmed to hate union workers by their unyielding devotion to their party in place of country.

If he would like to experience union laziness firsthand, I'm sure my best friend would have no problem having Tucker tag along with him on Monday. He has to run a new water service for an office bldg. fire suppression system. Tucker can man the shovel and do some digging, which is always a blast when the ground is frozen....then I'm sure he will practically fall asleep using the 4 foot pipe wrench to repipe about 30'-40' of 8" black iron sprinkler pipe.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2950859]You know what strikes me as funny? The same party that had a problem with Obama saying that blue collar Americans cling to guns and religion have no problem labeling them as lazy a** do nothings.

And this is why the Republicans will never win a national election ever again. Blue collar workers will see them for the scumbag a**holes that they are. Sucking up to Wall Street while doing everything in their power to try to cut wages for them. They'll see the truth and realize that Republicans share NONE of their values.[/QUOTE]

I only hope your right, sadly there are still alot of people who are brainwashed by Christianity and would rather die and be with Jesus then live for this life, the Republicans figured this out During the Reagan era and it has worked well for them

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2950290]I thought I was clear, but I guess not.

Yes, ther IS a difference. Social Security will, in the end, screw FAR more people our of FAR more money than Madoff did.

Clear?[/QUOTE]

So you believe the US Federal government is heading for bankruptcy?

[QUOTE=Buster;2951182]So you believe the US Federal government is heading for bankruptcy?[/QUOTE]

No.

The Govt. will never achieve Backruptcy when it has the power to A. Create Money and B. Tax the Populace.

What it will do, in my view, is terminate Social Security at some point due to insolvency of the program, leaving those who paid into it with either nothing, or some lesser reduced program that replaces it.

I have no faith, in any form, that I will ever see an equal return back from the Govt. to what I paid in over my lifetime. Do you?

A program can fail without the entire Govt. failing. Although I won't lie, I do believe there is a reasonable basis for belief/projection that the U.S. Govt. may not see the end of this century in it's current form.

But then again, I'm a pessimist.

You know what strikes me as funny? How anyone who attacks unions or social security is automatically some right-wing loon. Social Security is the largest and most destructive ponzi scheme ever created, that is not a perspective from the left or from the right, it is fact. The Federal Government is headed into bankrupcy (ask the former chairman of the GAO) or follow 1930s Germany Weimar Republic's hyperinflation monetary policy. Point being, there is no way the people who put into the system are going to get their money back and if you don't see something completely wrong about that then all your doing is chugging the blue cool aid and being irrational.

As for the unions, anyone who has taken basic economics knows that unions, like rent control, are destructive forces to the market and they throw supply and demand out of equilibrium. Again this is not a right-left issue, its an issue of whats best for the country. Yeah I agree, the Blue-Man Group was their for you when all those unions were disappearing and they told you they would keep your jobs safe so you naturally aligned with them. But at some point you must realize that both sides are trying to **** you big time. Yeah cool the blue group is trying to keep the unions and you like that, but your not looking out for whats best for society, your looking out for your own career and your own wage. A wage YOU feel entitled to.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2951266]A wage YOU feel entitled to.[/QUOTE]

Unions are about more than just wages, my fellow dominant-paradigm fighter. It's not unnatural and anti-capitalist for a group of people to band together for a common purpose and common goal. A real estate board. A board of directors. Smaller companies owned by parent companies. A government. A restaurant owner who buys a franchise instead of operating independently.

Everyone acts like businesses who employ union workers are getting ripped off. Contrary to popular belief here, you need more than a pulse and the ability to drool on yourself to join a union. You just don't walk in the door and get hired. There is a ton of training involved. Unions are full of very skilled laborers who excel at what they do. Take a look around NYC. See all the tall buildings? They were built by union workers. You don't think building an 80 story glass and iron building takes a little bit of skill? You don't think a crane operator swinging a 3 ton I-beam 500 feet in the air deserves the 70 bucks an hour he gets? You want to hire Julio the day laborer from the Home Depot parking lot to do that? No...

Are there problems with unions? Of course...there's problems with everything in this world. There is problems with the government and military. But we aren't going to disband the US military because of cost issues, are we? We work around problems...each side had to give and get. Should the UAW work with their companies and cave to wage cuts? In this economy, of course they should...I can't speak for them...I don't belong to the UAW.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2951264]No.

The Govt. will never achieve Backruptcy when it has the power to A. Create Money and B. Tax the Populace.

What it will do, in my view, is terminate Social Security at some point due to insolvency of the program, leaving those who paid into it with either nothing, or some lesser reduced program that replaces it.

I have no faith, in any form, that I will ever see an equal return back from the Govt. to what I paid in over my lifetime. Do you?

A program can fail without the entire Govt. failing. Although I won't lie, I do believe there is a reasonable basis for belief/projection that the U.S. Govt. may not see the end of this century in it's current form.

But then again, I'm a pessimist.[/QUOTE]

What elected official will do that?

It would be political suicide.

All League
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2951266].... The Federal Government is headed into bankrupcy (ask the former chairman of the GAO) or follow 1930s Germany Weimar Republic's hyperinflation monetary policy...[/QUOTE]

If this is true the failure of the social security system will be a footnote in history.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2951498]Unions are about more than just wages, my fellow dominant-paradigm fighter. It's not unnatural and anti-capitalist for a group of people to band together for a common purpose and common goal. A real estate board. A board of directors. Smaller companies owned by parent companies. A government. A restaurant owner who buys a franchise instead of operating independently.

[B]I agree with you as long as the government does not get involved.[/B]

Everyone acts like businesses who employ union workers are getting ripped off. Contrary to popular belief here, you need more than a pulse and the ability to drool on yourself to join a union. You just don't walk in the door and get hired. There is a ton of training involved. Unions are full of very skilled laborers who excel at what they do. Take a look around NYC. See all the tall buildings? They were built by union workers. You don't think building an 80 story glass and iron building takes a little bit of skill? You don't think a crane operator swinging a 3 ton I-beam 500 feet in the air deserves the 70 bucks an hour he gets? You want to hire Julio the day laborer from the Home Depot parking lot to do that? No...

[B]My view is that there is a lot of skilled labor in this country and you don't need a government backed union to ensure a living wage. Again I am directing my problem toward government backed unions like the UAW.[/B]

Are there problems with unions? Of course...there's problems with everything in this world. There is problems with the government and military. But we aren't going to disband the US military because of cost issues, are we? We work around problems...each side had to give and get. Should the UAW work with their companies and cave to wage cuts? In this economy, of course they should...I can't speak for them...I don't belong to the UAW.

[B]But a union is not like the military or the government.... which in my mind are necessary evils in our world. Unions are not a necessary evil nor a necessary good, merely they are a form of collective labor representation which the government has no business agreeing with or not. See, my problem is not as much with the unions as it is with the government that allows these unions to become the bloated monstrosities they are today. Without government involvement I see the unions as nothing but a form of assembly which our bill of rights guarantees.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

But who I am I say anything when I'm in a union to begin with? :D

[QUOTE=Buster;2951513]If this is true the failure of the social security system will be a footnote in history.[/QUOTE]

agreed :(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2952148]But who I am I say anything when I'm in a union to begin with? :D[/QUOTE]

Then why wonder this:

[QUOTE=jefe]How anyone who attacks unions or social security is automatically some right-wing loon[/QUOTE]

after reading this:

[QUOTE=Tucker]Unions are full of lazy a$$ do-nothings. That's a FACT.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 01-04-2009 at 08:07 AM.

[QUOTE=Buster;2951510]What elected official will do that?

It would be political suicide.[/QUOTE]

The one left holding the bag when quick-fixes no longer fix the problem in even the short term.

I'm curious, given your questions......are you saying you think Social Security will work perfectly forever, and that folks my age (mid 30's) or younger will see an equal return on their investment from the program?

Do you think the program is fine, and won't fail ever?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2952654]The one left holding the bag when quick-fixes no longer fix the problem in even the short term.

I'm curious, given your questions......are you saying you think Social Security will work perfectly forever, and that folks my age (mid 30's) or younger will see an equal return on their investment from the program?

Do you think the program is fine, and won't fail ever?[/QUOTE]

It's the old people. No one will ever dare to "fix" SS because of throngs of angry, gray haired baby boomer AARP members who would beat down their door and throw their false teeth at them.

I guess you are really pissed that GW didn't get his way and privatized it. The "market" would of got rid of everyone's SS in a few months.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2952654]The one left holding the bag when quick-fixes no longer fix the problem in even the short term.

Do you think the program is fine, and won't fail ever?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2952921]I guess you are really pissed that GW didn't get his way and privatized it. The "market" would of got rid of everyone's SS in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I would obviously prefer a private retirement savings system.

And if you were or are getting to retire you would of been f'd right now.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2954161]Yes. I would obviously prefer a private retirement savings system.[/QUOTE]