Thread: St John's beats #7 Notre Dame...are they BACK?

St John's beats #7 Notre Dame...are they BACK?

Went to the game this afternoon at MSG....Garden was rocking, Justin Burrell played like the star he's supposed to be, & the Johnnies are now 10-4, 1-1 in the Big East. After the Mets & Jets 2008, it'd be a nice surprise to have St John's have a good year.

All League
    wow. just think if they didnt lose the other kid to injury. hopefully this will help recruitment

As a SJU alum, I can't even remember the last time they were 10-4.
    I hope they have truly turned it around.
    10-4 can turn into 12-14 very quickly in the Big East!

Anthony Mason Jr is out for the year, but is coming back next season...maybe Norm Roberts can save his job. This is def his last chance. It wasnt that long ago that St Johns/UCONN would sell out the Garden on a sat afternoon!

nice W last night vs Rutgers......Norm just needs that one guy to bring this team back to the top 25...he's developed some nice players the past 2 years

Banned
    It's funny how Notre Dame's basketball program is actually doing alot better than its football program.

All League
    There are rumors that Lincoln's Lance Stephenson may be leaning toward he Johnnies. Cross your fingers.

Practice Squad
    I'm a longtime Johnnies fan and man I wish they would get back to where they should be. Mike Jarvis ruined this program and that is why he hasn't landed another gig

Norm Roberts seems like a good guy, but SJU needs somebody who keeps these recruits from going to Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, etc to get back to prominence.

I mean you would think playing a ton of games @ the garden would be a huge plus, but it obviously doesn't mean ****. I wish Pitino or Calipari would come on board. Or even a Mark Jackson or Chris Mullin would probably due.

It is sickening to have both them and the Knicks as last place teams. At least the Knicks seem headed in the right direction, but I'm not sure where St. Johns is headed (seems like its for the middle).

Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    I'm a longtime Johnnies fan and man I wish they would get back to where they should be. Mike Jarvis ruined this program and that is why he hasn't landed another gig

Norm Roberts seems like a good guy, but SJU needs somebody who keeps these recruits from going to Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, etc to get back to prominence.

I mean you would think playing a ton of games @ the garden would be a huge plus, but it obviously doesn't mean ****. I wish Pitino or Calipari would come on board. Or even a Mark Jackson or Chris Mullin would probably due.

It is sickening to have both them and the Knicks as last place teams. At least the Knicks seem headed in the right direction, but I'm not sure where St. Johns is headed (seems like its for the middle).
    I agree with everything you said. Roberts should be able to recruit the kids from NYC because you can't tell me they don't want to play 10 games a year at the garden. I am not a big Roberts fan, but I they have to give him another year. The talent is so young. I am not sure if it's good enough, but they have to give Roberts at least a chance to develop these kids. As a Syracuse fan, but a NY fan personally I root for St John's because the conference is more fun when they are good. If they don't do anything next year I would like to see them go after a Steve Lappas type.