Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do liberals love Starbucks?

Why do liberals love Starbucks?

It's amazing. Starbucks coffee is like catnip for every type of liberal- college idealists, hippie wanna be's, artists, wanna be-intellectuals, etc..does anyone here have any insight? i live on the UWS & it's not a great example bc everyone here is liberal, but u go to any other one & it's the same thing. Everyone drinks coffee, so what's the attraction? BC it's from Seattle?

Hall Of Fame
    It's the white-collar equivalent of the tavern next to the auto plant, where Frankie behind the counter hits us with a shot of Wild Turkey and a Bud draft on sight. Since it's fairly obvious that all the people riding the elevator in a downtown skyscraper are not day laborers, it seems that we then unconsciously take another step by holding an expensive white cup in their hands as a status symbol. In addition to being an effective drug-delivery system for the electric buzz of caffeine, a cup of Starbucks beams out a little message that they are wealthy enough not to care about overspending for coffee.

well said, PK...

So it has nothing to do with the salt-less wonders from Seattle?

All the Starbucks by me are bombarded by the stay at home moms.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2952472]It's amazing. Starbucks coffee is like catnip for every type of liberal- college idealists, hippie wanna be's, artists, wanna be-intellectuals, etc..does anyone here have any insight? i live on the UWS & it's not a great example bc everyone here is liberal, but u go to any other one & it's the same thing. Everyone drinks coffee, so what's the attraction? BC it's from Seattle?[/QUOTE]

I drink "Fancy" coffee like Starbucks.

I am only a half-liberal (a social liberal). Most here would call me a Conservatibe or at best a Libertarian.

All I can wonder is this....what difference does it make to YOU what kind of coffee I drink or do not drink?

I wonder how you'd feel if the thread were "Why do Conservatives Love NASCAR?" and the thread extolled the dirty stupid cow-****ing tendency of hick white-trash NASCAR fans? Or better yet "Why do all Christians love gay kid-screwing money-begging preachers" for example?

I hate Starbucks -- home of muffin-top college girls.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2952497]well said, PK...

So it has nothing to do with the salt-less wonders from Seattle?[/QUOTE]

No. I blame Kurt Cobain.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2952660]I drink "Fancy" coffee like Starbucks.

I am only a half-liberal (a social liberal). Most here would call me a Conservatibe or at best a Libertarian.

All I can wonder is this....what difference does it make to YOU what kind of coffee I drink or do not drink?

I wonder how you'd feel if the thread were "Why do Conservatives Love NASCAR?" and the thread extolled the dirty stupid cow-****ing tendency of hick white-trash NASCAR fans? Or better yet "Why do all Christians love gay kid-screwing money-begging preachers" for example?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't mean to strike a nerve there, Fish..but obviously I did. It's overpriced tar, but you go 'head & keep it flowing. I have zero interest in where you buy coffee. I just observed that liberal-types seem to be the main customers they cater to.

As for the Nascar thing, it's probably bc there are alot of Republican-leaning states down south & that's where Nascar is most popular? Just a guess, hope it helped....the other stuff u mentioned was just weird.

relax bro!

All League
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2953232]Wow, I didn't mean to strike a nerve there, Fish..but obviously I did. It's overpriced tar, but you go 'head & keep it flowing. I have zero interest in where you buy coffee. I just observed that liberal-types seem to be the main customers they cater to.
    [/QUOTE]

While I'm not a big coffee drinker myself, i wouldn't call it "overpriced tar". They do have a reputation for over roasting there beans. But they actually just bought the Clover Coffee Machine company (read the reviews online) and will be using Clover machines in all of their stores in the near future.

The company has become the Mcdonalds of the morning daypart, but Howard Schultz is investing heavily into making sure that Starbucks puts out a solid coffee buying experience.

[QUOTE=TerryBadway;2953501]While I'm not a big coffee drinker myself, i wouldn't call it "overpriced tar". They do have a reputation for over roasting there beans. But they actually just bought the Clover Coffee Machine company (read the reviews online) and will be using Clover machines in all of their stores in the near future.

The company has become the Mcdonalds of the morning daypart, but Howard Schultz is investing heavily into making sure that Starbucks puts out a solid coffee buying experience.[/QUOTE]

I hope so for their sake I guess...but they're def no McDonalds..McDonalds is CRUSHING it (one of only 2 stocks in the Dow Jones to be higher in '08..the other is Walmart)

Starbucks just anncd they're closing 600 stores throughout the US..(I bet the NASCAR fans dont drink it, Fish!)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2952472]It's amazing. Starbucks coffee is like catnip for every type of liberal- college idealists, hippie wanna be's, artists, wanna be-intellectuals, etc..does anyone here have any insight? i live on the UWS & it's not a great example bc everyone here is liberal, but u go to any other one & it's the same thing. Everyone drinks coffee, so what's the attraction? BC it's from Seattle?[/QUOTE]

I have had coffee at Starbucks. When I look around I really can't tell if they are liberal or conservative.

How you you tell? Clothing? Or are they spouting their views as they add sugar?

[QUOTE=FF2;2954345]I have had coffee at Starbucks. When I look around I really can't tell if they are liberal or conservative.

How you you tell? Clothing? Or are they spouting their views as they add sugar?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that number of liberals in gay bars you are frequent in is much higher then in Starbucks.

Veteran

How often do you drink their coffee?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;2954345]How you you tell? Clothing? Or are they spouting their views as they add sugar?[/QUOTE]

They don't have any flag lapel pins.

PATRIO-FANTASTIC!!

Banned
    To be honest their coffee BLOWS.

Of course the specialty lattes that are loaded with sugar, caramel, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, etc, etc are good. But that's not really a cup of coffee.

Their normal cup of coffee with a bit of milk or cream is bitter and disgusting. I'll stick with Dunkin' Donuts or 7-11 coffee. But then again, I'm an uncultured savage from eastern Long Island.

If Starbucks patrons are liberalish,

what are Dunkin Donuts patrons?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2955055]If Starbucks patrons are liberalish,

what are Dunkin Donuts patrons?[/QUOTE]

Whigs and Commies.

DD coffee kicks ass. Although, I wondered with it being so damn hot if it would wake me up faster if I just threw it in my face instead of drinking it....

Board Moderator
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQBHH8K4OU[/url]

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2954740]How often do you drink their coffee?[/QUOTE]

never, I just walk by the one at 86th & Colombus every day & laugh at the crunchy Obama Kool Aid drinkers who support Caroline Kennedy to be their Senator & write in their journals/IMAC's & wonder where the F**k they work, if at all...

Q: why do liberals love starbucks?

A: because Sackdance99 doesn't hang out there