Thread: Rangers call up Bobby Sanguinetti

Jets Insider VIP

Rangers call up Bobby Sanguinetti

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....5871231611917A

I've been anxious to see what this kid can do. When he was drafted, he was about 6'0 and 180. Now he's 6'3" and 195. His offensive skills are the key to his game. My only concern is his defense and I believe he's around a -13 in Hartford. He obviously needs to get better defensively and I would think a larger frame would help as long as he keeps his feet moving. I'm excited to see him play with the big boys. I also want to see Anisimov who at 6'4 and 205 is scoring about a point per game in the AHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....5871231611917A

I've been anxious to see what this kid can do. When he was drafted, he was about 6'0 and 180. Now he's 6'3" and 195. His offensive skills are the key to his game. My only concern is his defense and I believe he's around a -13 in Hartford. He obviously needs to get better defensively and I would think a larger frame would help as long as he keeps his feet moving. I'm excited to see him play with the big boys. I also want to see Anisimov who at 6'4 and 205 is scoring about a point per game in the AHL.
    The question is will Renney play him??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post
    The question is will Renney play him??
    That's a valid question. The two highest priced Dmen (Redden and Rozsival) have been huge disappointments and their salaries, along with Gomez' and Drury's have the Rangers in salary cap hell (and prevented the Rangers from re-signing Shanahan). Renney doesn't seem to have the gonads to sit either as a healthy scratch. Mara, Girardi and Staal have all played well, especially Mara and Staal. Khalinen seems to be the guy who would be the easiest to sit. He's been Malik-like so far this season and certainly hasn't played up to his salary. Sitting Khalinen would also give the D more righty/lefty balance since Sanguinetti is a right-handed shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Apparently, Sanguinetti was called up just for the Ottawa game in case Rozsisloth couldn't play. But of course, Renney went with his over-priced off-season "prize" and Sanguinetti was sent back to Hartford.

You can tell Renney really gets excited about possible putting a young prospect in there, "He certainly came highly recommended,” said Rangers coach Tom Renney. “It was suggested strongly by (assistant general manager) Jim Schoenfeld and (Hartford coach) Kenny Gernander that Bobby would be a real good guy to give this opportunity.”

Renney apparently doesn't monitor the progress of the young players at Hartford at all.

This is why many Ranger fans want Renney gone. The team is over priced for the services it gets from it's players.

I don't like Sather or renney.......