Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Erik boland on Ratliff

[QUOTE=AzJetFan;2980676]Ditto......

Clemens is too short to throw it over his O-line. How many times did he throw it into the back of one of our own guys???

The Rat showed more composure, no happy feet and a stronger arm. He will win the competition between him and Clemens and would probably edge out Favre as well.

Go back and watch his preseason performances. [B]Note how well he leads his deep receivers.[/B] His rappore with Clowney was impressive.

AZ[/QUOTE]

I love the Rat, honest. But anyone could have hit Clowney for those TDs, and honestly I think Clowney may have even slowed up a little, because he just burned the coverage. This doesn't mean he doesn't have the goods or a good deep ball, but I really wouldn't base my hopes for Ratliff off those throws. Truthfully, I was more impressed with his poise, ability to buy time and find receivers while moving around in the pocket, and the ability to hit the timing patterns with tight, efficient spirals.

Well, I believe of Farve does not come back and we draft and QB in the first 2-3 rounds of the drat then the Jets should hold a QB competition. The best QB wins and I believe it will be Clemens regardless of of play. I feel we go 9-7 again while we evaluate Clemens.

That is my logical evaluations.

I believe however that Ratliff will win the QB competition and be a Flacco for us this up coming year but be a more poised QB. I still think we go 9-7 w/ him and at best 10-6 because of our newly "Violent" defense under Ryan!

Rookie
    [QUOTE=JetsVault03;2980680]I love the Rat, honest. [B][I]But anyone could have hit Clowney for those TDs,[/I][/B] and honestly I think Clowney may have even slowed up a little, because he just burned the coverage. This doesn't mean he doesn't have the goods or a good deep ball, but I really wouldn't base my hopes for Ratliff off those throws. Truthfully, I was more impressed with his poise, ability to buy time and find receivers while moving around in the pocket, and the ability to hit the timing patterns with tight, efficient spirals.[/QUOTE]

Favre would have underthrown for a pick. Clemens does not have the poise to let the play develop.

So, I disagree when you say anyone.........

I do agree with all of you other points. Do you think we have to spend a high draft pick on a QB?

AZ

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2980034]When we beat Pitt KC did something that Chad never did against Pitt..Throw a TD pass..;) OK lets go with your theory we'll take away that TD pass and the drive in OT that got us close for the winning FG..Hey guess what?? We lost!:eek:[/QUOTE]

You remember that? What's your secret?

[IMG]http://www.fitnessone.com/images/FocusFactor.JPG[/IMG]

:D

All League
    [QUOTE=AzJetFan;2980688]Favre would have underthrown for a pick. Clemens does not have the poise to let the play develop.

So, I disagree when you say anyone.........

I do agree with all of you other points. Do you think we have to spend a high draft pick on a QB?

AZ[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, Clemens had a beautiful 55 yard flea flicker bomb to Coles where Coles got tackled at the 1 yard line against Pittsburgh.

While I'd prefer Ratliff-- I just don't want to see a veteran starting...OR a first year rookie, I want a franchise QB that we can call our own-- one that has had 2 years to learn the playbook.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2980882]If I recall correctly, Clemens had a beautiful 55 yard flea flicker bomb to Coles where Coles got tackled at the 1 yard line against Pittsburgh. [/QUOTE]

yeah 'beautiful' :rolleyes:... how anyone could call that horribly thrown ball, so underthrown that Coles had to pull up big time and allowed the Pitt defender to tackle Coles by his feet, injuring Coles in the process... sure was a thing of 'beauty'

All League
    [QUOTE=King Ryan;2980913]yeah 'beautiful' :rolleyes:... how anyone could call that horribly thrown ball, so underthrown that Coles had to pull up big time and allowed the Pitt defender to tackle Coles by his feet, injuring Coles in the process... sure was a thing of 'beauty'[/QUOTE]

Only on JetsInsider does a 55 yard completion get ridiculed. Awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2980955]Only on JetsInsider does a 55 yard completion get ridiculed. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

when the result is our best WR getting injured because of the pathetically thrown ball... then YES, it BETTER be ridiculed!!!