Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank god he's gone

Thank god he's gone

[url]http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x2119709456/QB-choice-for-Browns-still-a-tossup[/url]

[QUOTE]The guess is the Browns will wind up with Quinn as their 2008 starter, but Mangini is tight-lipped on the subject. He says such a call is made only when “you feel the decision is right.” [B]He likened it to his marriage proposal to the sister of Indians GM Mark Shapiro.

“Someone asked me how I decided to pop the question to Julie,” Mangini said, “and you just know ... you know when it’s right.”[/B][/QUOTE]

:shakehead

Marriage is a process.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote=DaBallhawk;2979554][URL]http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x2119709456/QB-choice-for-Browns-still-a-tossup[/URL]

:shakehead[/quote]
    it's a .............process

lmao

Yeah, you have to be consistent, across the board. Know what your role is and make progress each day.

God i wonder how many months it's gonna take until the Browns fans get tired of this gibberish.

Now the Browns can enjoy Mangini's secretive half-assed "QB competitions."

We are such a bitter franchise.

I meeeeeean...Mangini stinks...process lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

I drank the Kool-aid when we hired Mangini three years ago, expecting us to receive a younger version of Belicheck. I definitely thought he would make a fine HC for us.

But after three years with us, and now reading a comment like this, you get the feeling that Mangini might be one of those guys (like a Wade Philips and Dick Jauron) who will always be better suited as a coordinator than a HC.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JediJustin;2979569]I drank the Kool-aid when we hired Mangini three years ago, expecting us to receive a younger version of Belicheck. I definitely thought he would make a fine HC for us.

[/QUOTE]
    +1

I drank so much cool-aid over the last few years, just trying to make the season palatable on some level, that my head is now bright red.

And it aint from alkyhall.

Heck, I even forced myself to drink the Favre cool aid after kicking and screaming through-out that pick-up.

All League
    I thought this thread was about Sutton. I was all happy the trigger was pulled on him.

I like Mangini, and think he's going to be very very good in Cleveland (thanks in big part to the other other white meat [rob ryan]).

That being said, if he doesn't start Brady Quinn from day one, he needs to have his head examined.

He has no loyalties to vets like he had here with penny, has a fresh start with a lot of slack on the rope, and has a guy in quinn who is atheletic, has a great QB build, can make all the throws, and is by all accounts very smart. [U]And[/U] he has been sitting and learning for two years! It's every coaches dream to stumble upon such good fortune!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote=32green;2979573]+1

I drank so much cool-aid over the last few years, just trying to make the season palatable on some level, that my head is now bright red.

.[/quote]
    me too...so much I've nearly morphed into JJ

[IMG]http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/715/14261JJ.jpg[/IMG]

Is there an article about Mangini referring to his wife's "lower extremity formation" instead of being pregnant?

Herm was much more quotable. If you're going to be mediocre, at least speek interesting mediocrity.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JediJustin;2979569]I drank the Kool-aid when we hired Mangini three years ago, expecting us to receive a younger version of Belicheck. I definitely thought he would make a fine HC for us.

But after three years with us, and now reading a comment like this, you get the feeling that Mangini might be one of those guys (like a Wade Philips and Dick Jauron) who will always be better suited as a coordinator than a HC.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't a good coordinator either. He is a perfect High School coach. He's got a lot of good qualities, but he'd be better off coaching kids that need after school lessons, where its just a sport... vs. in the NFL where its a business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;2979650]Is there an article about Mangini referring to his wife's "lower extremity formation" instead of being pregnant?[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer 1/2 baked bun in the oven myself..;)

All League
    [quote=jetswin;2979558]it's a .............process

lmao[/quote]

Not only is it a process, but also "a function of"...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;2979579]me too...so much I've nearly morphed into JJ

[IMG]http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/715/14261JJ.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Yo, JJ...hook me up with your sister Thelma!

What a bod on her. Me likey:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[I]The guess is the Browns will wind up with [B]Quinn as their 2008 starter[/B], but Mangini is tight-lipped on the subject. He says such a call is made only when “you feel the decision is right.” [/I]

I see moron pencil jockeys run rampant across the states huh? Way to check your article before publication. How can you guess the Browns will "wind up with Quinn as their 2008 starter" when today's date is January, 21st 2009.

Congrads to: Steve Doerschuk
    [B]CantonRep.com staff report[/B]

You win the first "jackass/guessing game article" prize on your new head coach! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Limolady; 01-20-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Oh joy.... Mangini now has a couple more good QBs to throw under the bus...

Thought this was going to be a George Bush thread...