Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank god he's gone

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;2979666]Yo, JJ...hook me up with your sister Thelma!

What a bod on her. Me likey:yes:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6206/img7154vn5.jpg[/IMG]

I don't see what the problem is. He has two legit options at QB (Quinn and Anderson) both with question marks attached, and isn't willing to commit to one in January having not seen either of them practice a single time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote=Postseason;2979696]I don't see what the problem is. He has two legit options at QB (Quinn and Anderson) both with question marks attached, and isn't willing to commit to one in January having not seen either of them practice a single time.[/quote]

Steve Doerschuk
    [B]CantonRep.com staff report[/B]
    [I]The guess is the Browns will wind up with [B]Quinn as their 2008 starter[/B], but Mangini is tight-lipped on the subject. He says such a call is made only when “you feel the decision is right.” [/I]

Sounds like the new HC already made up his mind last year but shhhhhhh! Don't spoil the surprise for the others! LMAO! :D

Rookie
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2979562]Yeah, you have to be consistent, across the board. Know what your role is and make progress each day.

God i wonder how many months it's gonna take until the Browns fans get tired of this gibberish.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait tell Mangini starts talking about "house cleaning"

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;2979664]Not only is it a process, but also "a function of"...[/QUOTE]
    "It's everybody collectively"

Julie could have thrown for 300 yards on Manginis pass defense last year.

All League
    Is his wife "complimentary in all 3 phases"?

Bewildered Beast
    If it's raining when that baby is delivered, I hope the doc uses a "soft underhand toss" to the nurse...if they fumble it, Mangini will go all conservative.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE]you get the feeling that Mangini might be one of those guys (like a Wade Philips and Dick Jauron) who will always be better suited as a coordinator than a HC.[/QUOTE]

Careful, Rex may be included in that group too.

Apples and oranges. Mangini never "had" our locker room. Nobody really cared for him, actually i think the players hated him. Rex is different, the guys respect him. Hes not gonna treat them like 2 year olds. Mangini does that, thats why nobody respected him.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2979816]Apples and oranges. Mangini never "had" our locker room. Nobody really cared for him, actually i think the players hated him. Rex is different, the guys respect him. Hes not gonna treat them like 2 year olds. Mangini does that, thats why nobody respected him.[/QUOTE]

Mhmmm.

It's not like you just completely made that up on a board that would openly support the idea. After all, it's the only logical conclusion that can be made from the many things that were said and had been made up to be treated as fact.

I mean...agreed that is so interesting and true. Guys were all like that fat jerk lets only win NINE games just so he'll get fired. I can see that. It makes sense.

[QUOTE]"You feel a lot better going into games," tight end Chris Baker said. "Two years ago, you felt tired. It got to the point where it was overwork. I think Coach saw that and adjusted some of those things. He realizes how long the season is, and he's got a lot of veteran guys he can trust."

“It’s a level of disappointment,” said veteran LG Alan Faneca. “You feel like you ended the season bad and then this happens. You feel like you let him down.”

“We had a disappointing season based on the personnel and the guys we had in here," said wide receiver Laveranues Coles. "We had a great coaching staff also that gave us a lot of opportunities. You can’t put all the blame on the head coach or the coaching staff. I think a lot of that blame falls on the locker room and it starts with me first.”

“With the way that we performed with everything on the line, I knew we were doing him in,” said a visibly dejected Jerricho Cotchery. “It comes down to making plays in December and beating the man across from you.”

Cotchery called the dismissal “the toughest thing” he’s gone through in his career. He respected Mangini for giving him a chance on the football field and he knew him unlike many did away from it.

“Getting to know him as a family man, as a dad, as a husband to his wife, I saw the kind of guy he is and I’m really glad I got the chance to get to know him,” J-Co said. “He’s a really good guy. He’s taught me a lot about football and life.”
    [/QUOTE]

But *secretly* through body language and signs, they hated him. Cotchery was smiling when he said they were losing and he knew that was getting him fired.

The anti-Mangini thing is just weird. It's such a waste of time...he's not even the coach anymore.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 01-20-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Secretly? What planet are you from? Players have been bashing him ever since he got here. But i guess since they didn't come out saying "Mangini sucks" that means they all loved him. How naive can one person be...
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 01-20-2009 at 03:18 PM.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2980089]Secretly? What planet are you from? Players have been bashing him ever since he got here. But i guess since they didn't come out saying "Mangini sucks" that means they all loved him. How naive can one person be...[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to call bullsh*t for the second time in a row in the same thread on the same day to the same poster.

Why the need to rewrite history? It's not like he's still here for anyone to care about it.

kyle clifton 59

[QUOTE=JediJustin;2979569]I drank the Kool-aid when we hired Mangini three years ago, expecting us to receive a younger version of Belicheck. I definitely thought he would make a fine HC for us.

But after three years with us, and now reading a comment like this, you get the feeling that Mangini might be one of those guys (like a Wade Philips and Dick Jauron) who will always be better suited as a coordinator than a HC.[/QUOTE]

Jauron +Phillips had success as coordinators Mangini though
    was very good at cleaning jockstraps.How that qualified him
    for a head coaching position I'll never know.

:rolleyes:to succeed you must execute in all three phases of a marriage:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [quote=Postseason;2979696]I don't see what the problem is. He has two legit options at QB (Quinn and Anderson) both with question marks attached, and isn't willing to commit to one in January having not seen either of them practice a single time.[/quote]

Maybe he'll do a trade for Favre in the middle of training camp ... :D

When did Derek Anderson become a "legit option"? He's a more retarded, less accurate version of Brett Favre. If thats even possible. And after what Brett did to Mangini this season (basically getting him fired) i highly doubt Mangini wants another gunslinger under center who's gonna get him fired again. Brady Quinn is similar to Tom Brady or even Chad Pennington, he's Manginis man.