Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So do we finally admit BB's a great coach?

Jets Insider VIP

So do we finally admit BB's a great coach?

BB is a despicable human being. Fact.

Spygate came to the rescue last year, to those who hate him with passion, as fuel to undermine anything BB had ever accomplished. Even though they went through 95% of last year without the aide of cameras (yes my hypothesis is after Spygate erupted they stopped ‘cheating’).

Others say he’d be nothing without Brady. Well this year, Brady goes down in game 1. I giggled at the idea of having his weaknesses exposed with a JAG QB. What does the bastard do? He goes 11-5 with a no-name QB and should’ve made the playoffs if it weren’t for our ****ting the bed.

Every coordinator who’s left the nest has sucked, our failed to convince.

While we can hate him to death for being a d-bag, what’s left to hang our hat on before admitting he’s the best???

:steamin:
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 01-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    He is simply put one of the finest HC in the history of pro sports regardless of the sport....And it makes me SICK!!!!!!:eek:

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2979678]BB is a despicable human being. Fact.

Spygate came to the rescue last year, to those he hate him with passion, as fuel to undermine anything BB had ever accomplished. Even though they went through 95% of last year without the aide of cameras (yes my hypothesis is after Spygate erupted they stopped ‘cheating’).

Others say he’d be nothing without Brady. Well this year, Brady goes down in game 1. I giggled at the idea of having his weaknesses exposed with a JAG QB. What does the bastard do? He goes 11-5 with a no-name QB and should’ve made the playoffs if it weren’t for our ****ting the bed.

While we can hate him to death for being a d-bag, what’s left to hang our hat on before admitting he’s the best???

:steamin:[/QUOTE]

He's the best coach I've ever seen...I've said Brady is overrated because of BB, but never the other way around.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;2979688]He's the best coach I've ever seen...I've said [B]Brady is overrated [/B]because of BB, but never the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know about that one.

All Pro
    I never contended that he wasn't one of the best. Hard to argue with results (although winning the lottery with Brady didn't hurt). But I will continue to believe that he is a truly bad person.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2979686]He is simply put one of the [B][U]finest HC in the history of pro sports[/U][/B] regardless of the sport....And it makes me SICK!!!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

Well said Charlie. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;2979691]I never contended that he wasn't one of the best. Hard to argue with results ([B]although winning the lottery with Brady [/B]didn't hurt). But I will continue to believe that he is a truly bad person.[/QUOTE]

That's one of my points.

Can you win the lottery twice (Brady and Cassel)?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I'll take a man of honor before this guy.

The coaches he cheated against all had reputations and families to feed too...

It wasnt rocket science to play Cassel within his limitations and he happens to be a very good QB, btw.

The prohibitive favorite loses his starting QB - and replacing him with arguably another great QB (which will be franchised and sold for abundance of picks according to resident loser trolls!) - yet with the easiest schedule in NFL he misses the playoffs after going 16-0 a year earlier (albeit finishing with the biggest choke job in a history of sports).
    You should have you head examined if you think he is a great coach without Brady.
    However he is the greatest duchebag in a game - no arguments here.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2979678]BB is a despicable human being. Fact.

Spygate came to the rescue last year, to those he hate him with passion, as fuel to undermine anything BB had ever accomplished. Even though they went through 95% of last year without the aide of cameras (yes my hypothesis is after Spygate erupted they stopped ‘cheating’).

:steamin:[/QUOTE]

He's the best HC in the league. He gets the most out of ordinary players that other teams dump and he and his former GM Pioli have made the Pats draft look like FB in Madden where you can cheat and save the draft before it starts and see the final profile stats of a player, then go back and draft the players who rate high. They consistantly draft players who fit their scheme and perform. They also do something better than any other team; when a player goes done - their backups perform - and that makes them consist year in and year out. They are the best team in the league even if they didnt make the post season this year. As much as I hate him leaving the Jets high and dry; and for his abuse of the Jets since then - I respect him immensely and would give my left nut if he left the Pats for a Jets HC job (not that it would ever happen, just saying)

Hall Of Fame
    An a*hole, but the best coach in NFL history. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Absolutely. He's a truly great coach, no doubt about it. Michael Jordan was a great basketball player, Tiger Woods is a great golfer, Barry Bonds is an incredible homerun hitter, and Bill Belichick is an incredible coach. Results are results.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if BB was HC of the NYJ - I am not convinced he would be the results would be simply reversed. Woody probably would have grown tired and replaced him after 3 years.

NE was the right place at the right time for him - good owner and a franchise QB wating in the wings.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BrowningNagle;2979713]Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if BB was HC of the NYJ - I am not convinced he would be the results would be simply reversed. Woody probably would have grown tired and replaced him after 3 years.

NE was the right place at the right time for him - good owner and a franchise QB wating in the wings.[/QUOTE]

The only year we had a real shot at the Super Bowl,since 69, was with him as DC.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2979686]He is simply put one of the finest HC in the history of pro sports regardless of the sport....And it makes me SICK!!!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

:akface :akface :akface

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2979698]That's one of my points.

Can you win the lottery twice (Brady and Cassel)?[/QUOTE]

Yes people have won the (Real) lottery multiple times! Cassel has been in a system for several years and has a good team around him. With a good coach. But no Tom Brady No playoffs HUMMM I dont know has he ever been to the playoffs with out Tom. Just like Philly Jackson the arrogant SOB cant do anything with out 2 HOF on his BB team. Heck I could have been the coach with Jordan & Pippen. Just like Belicheat

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jpbatt;2979719]Yes people have won the (Real) lottery multiple times! Cassel has been in a system for several years and has a good team around him. With a good coach. But no Tom Brady No playoffs HUMMM I dont know has he ever been to the playoffs with out Tom. Just like Philly Jackson the arrogant SOB cant do anything with out 2 HOF on his BB team. Heck I could have been the coach with Jordan & Pippen. Just like Belicheat[/QUOTE]
    Saying they didn't make the playoffs this year without Brady is ignoring the fact that 99% of the time 11-5 gets in, and more often than not, wins the division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

'great' coaches don't lose at home to Eric Mangini.

Twice.

just sayin.

Hall Of Fame
    This year was Bellichick's finest coaching job.

Not to mention Bellichick made a legend out of Parcells.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shuler82;2979726]'great' coaches don't lose at home to Eric Mangini.

Twice.

just sayin.[/QUOTE]
    I like that one.