Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So do we finally admit BB's a great coach?

Banned
    [QUOTE=woodside;2980055] Elite coaches such as Tony Dungy have made the playoffs virtually every year that they've been in the league. [/QUOTE]

Tony Dungy is not an elite HC.

He had a HOF QB and loaded teams and he only won 1 Super Bowl title.

Belichick >>>>> Dungy

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2980072]Tony Dungy is not an elite HC.

Belichick >>>>> Dungy[/QUOTE]

But Tony Dungy is classy. :yes:

and has freckles.

can't win without Eric

Well, let's just hold the fort until he wins a super bowl as a head coach without Eric Mangini. :D

[QUOTE=chirorob;2980029]You could say the same thing about Joe Monatana and Steve Young.[/QUOTE]

Well first... a 3rd and the first in the supplemental draft are a bit more high profile than Brady/Cassel were. Second.. exactly!! Walsh turned every QB that played under him to gold.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2980064]
    Better coaches than Belichick...

Bill Parcells-The man has turned around EVERY single franchise he joined. He is a better coach than Belichick no doubt, he never stayed long enough with teams to have the success of 3 SB like Belichick. He has never had a QB as good as Brady, and still won 2 SB. Could of won more with other teams also, definitely one of the best HC to ever coach in this game.

Bill Walsh-Just one of the best football minds of all time. Lots of respect for this innovative thinker.

Joe Gibbs-Won 2 SB with different QBs, makes him better IMO.

Thats a few. Belichick is a great HC, but I think he isn't the best ever.[/QUOTE]Read this book..you'll enjoy it.

[IMG]http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/33570000/33579639.JPG[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;2980075]But Tony Dungy is classy. :yes:

and has freckles.[/QUOTE]

Still dancing around "teh ban" material, aye?

lol

[QUOTE=32green;2980092]Still dancing around "teh ban" material, aye?

lol[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't I be applauded for my efforts..not mocked? :confused:

:boogie2::boogie2::boogie2::boogie2::boogie2:

All League
    Yeah and when he got caught cheating it was the first time right? Come on fact is we will never now how long or how often he was cheating. Great coach? I don't know. Cheater YES YES YES.............He did it to himself and the questions will always be out there now won't they.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2980072]Tony Dungy is not an elite HC.

Belichick >>>>> Dungy[/QUOTE]

Winning a Superbowl without cheating is the single biggest accomplishment a coach can have in professional sport Tx*. Hopefully Pats* fans can understand how that feels someday.

Dungy also has a winning percentage through the roof with or without Manning while' BB*'s % is in the vacinity of Rich Kotite's without Tom Brady. Sorry to break it to the chowd nation but agian BB* only made the playofs once in 8 seasons with 2 different teams without Tom Brady and you dellusional clowns think that he is the best ever. Please. Give any one of those coaches Walsh or the rest of them 8 seasons and it doesn't matter who is at QB and they'll make the playoffs more than BB* without Brady.

All League
    [QUOTE=woodside;2980342]Winning a Superbowl without cheating is the single biggest accomplishment a coach can have in professional sport Tx*. Hopefully Pats* fans can understand how that feels someday.

Dungy also has a winning percentage through the roof with or without Manning while' BB*'s % is in the vacinity of Rich Kotite's without Tom Brady. Sorry to break it to the chowd nation but agian BB* only made the playofs once in 8 seasons with 2 different teams without Tom Brady and you dellusional clowns think that he is the best ever. Please. Give any one of those coaches Walsh or the rest of them 8 seasons and it doesn't matter who is at QB and they'll make the playoffs more than BB* without Brady.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying Tom Brady is a great quarterback. :confused:

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2980347]So you're saying Tom Brady is a great quarterback. :confused:[/QUOTE]

The best ever in a system where he knows the other teams plays in advance. Without a doubt.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2979686]He is simply put one of the finest HC in the history of pro sports regardless of the sport....And it makes me SICK!!!!!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

He is an outstanding coach, no question. BUT not in the top of the class.
    The scandal and the "Browns era" keep in the class below TRUE greats in my view.

In that realm is John Wooden, Mike Krychecski (sp), Lombardi, Miller Huggins, Joe McCarthy etc... are the TOP of the class.

Lets look at this era that bellycheat is in, How many good coaches has he gone up against and won. Help me out if I for get. BS (Tuck rule gave them the Raider loss in Playoffs against Gruden. Martz is no longer a HC. Andy ried and win the big one. Cowher won 1 but lost more. Herm is a joke. Mangini is young and inexp. Miami coach forget them. Dungy was the best I thought.

Best coach in NFL history? No way...

Gotta win a SB with a second QB before that is even a discussion.

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;2979700]The prohibitive favorite loses his starting QB - and replacing him with arguably another great QB (which will be franchised and sold for abundance of picks according to resident loser trolls!) - yet with the easiest schedule in NFL he misses the playoffs after going 16-0 a year earlier (albeit finishing with the biggest choke job in a history of sports).
    You should have you head examined if you think he is a great coach without Brady.
    However he is the greatest duchebag in a game - no arguments here.[/QUOTE]

Gee, i thought the pats lost their #1 rb, SS, OLB for the season, lost Warren Bruschi for 1/2 the year and thieir #2 and #3 draft picks to IR. I thught i read somwhere that he had 4 guys who were street FA at the start of the year starting all at one time on Defense while a street free agent was thier #1 back for three games due to injuries. and yeah Brady too, and won 11 games

And the nfl made it real easy for the pats, two times during the year back to back games on the west coast, I can never recall this happening to any team before. then for three straight weeks in december they had to play the team that played the week before on a Thursday, no other team had to play a team coming of 10 days rest more than once (besides the bye week that every team has) and they made the pats do it three times in a row.

and there was ten teams in the league that that opponents had combined winning percentage less than the Pats at .481

[QUOTE=BrickHouse;2979701]He's the best HC in the league. He gets the most out of ordinary players that other teams dump and he and his former GM Pioli have made the Pats draft look like FB in Madden where you can cheat and save the draft before it starts and see the final profile stats of a player, then go back and draft the players who rate high. They consistantly draft players who fit their scheme and perform. They also do something better than any other team; when a player goes done - their backups perform - and that makes them consist year in and year out. They are the best team in the league even if they didnt make the post season this year. As much as I hate him leaving the Jets high and dry; and for his abuse of the Jets since then - I respect him immensely and would give my left nut if he left the Pats for a Jets HC job (not that it would ever happen, just saying)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, please explain this. "They are the best team in the league even if they didn't make the post season this year." Ummmmmmm, wha?
    No, they are not the best team in the league ... because it's impossible to be the best team in the league and not make the playoffs. Seriously.
    My gosh, I don't have a problem with admitting or confessing or whatever you want to call it, that New England is a good team, and BB is a really good head coach. That's fine. (I find this entire post kind of funny however, because I rarely, if ever, hear anyone say that BB [I]isn't[/I] a good coach.) But talk about swingin' the pendulum all the way over to the other side ... my goodness, let's not fall all over ourselves complimenting the Patriots, ok? They're a good team. Period. But there were about 6 teams MUCH better than New England this year. Give me a break ... I'm sorry, but the comment "they are the best team in the league" is just ignorant. Plain and simple. Hell, if Pittsburgh wins in two weeks, they will have won 2 Super Bowls since the Pats last title -- why isn't everyone drooling over them??!!

Minus spygate, a top 5 All-Time NFL Head Coach

doesn't that kind of negate the whole bellichicken as a great coach? you know he was a geat coach but he had a great owner and the right situation. i'd say the bellichicken has transcended the ownership. wouldn't matter if his team was owned by snyder or ford.

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;2979713]Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if BB was HC of the NYJ - I am not convinced he would be the results would be simply reversed. Woody probably would have grown tired and replaced him after 3 years.

NE was the right place at the right time for him - good owner and a franchise QB wating in the wings.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;2980376]He is an outstanding coach, no question. BUT not in the top of the class.
    The scandal and the "Browns era" keep in the class below TRUE greats in my view.

In that realm is John Wooden, Mike Krychecski (sp), Lombardi, Miller Huggins, Joe McCarthy etc... are the TOP of the class.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the essence of your post, I never said that he was in Wooden's or Lombardi's class those coaches are the greatest of all time coaches top ten regardless of sport!!! Bellichick is not in that class.... However I would have Bellichick in my top 100 though and based on that alone he is one of the best of all time!!!!

Oh and for all of those who continue to knock Dungy it is silly...Indeed those who consider Dungy a mentor have now out performed or equaled any coaching tree over the last 10 years. Which is amazing since many of Dungy's tree have just started out in coaching such as Pitts HC.

Some out here have said Dungy's isn't all that because he has hesitated on the idea of homosexuality. While I strongly disagree with him, I want to know the HC who has strongly endorsed homosexuality in the NFL???? As far as I know not one HC has been a booster on that issue!!!!! Dungy's work is simply unequaled as far as consistency goes in the modern game. For people to argue otherwise and say he had Manning, well didn't the Colts have Manning before Dungy got there and how did that work out???

The Colts if we can all recall couldn't even make the playoffs and had a HC who was actually MOCKING Manning's QB ability. Yea it is all so clear now that Dungy wins right, some of you are pathetic ....GOOD GRIEF!!!:eek:

Belichik's good... :barf: ... OK, I said it.