Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So do we finally admit BB's a great coach?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2980600]Oh please. I bet you cheat ten times before breakfast every morning. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2980602]Ocourse Lombardi is done - the motherf*cker is dead. What do you want him to do? Resurrect himself so he can outcoach Bellichhick in a Super Bowl like Tom Coughlin did last season?[/QUOTE]

Well we can't compare how good one is vs the other until they are both done.

One is done, one isn't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;2980613]Well we can't compare how good one is vs the other until they are both done.

One is done, one isn't.[/QUOTE]

Bill Belichick didn't stop cheating until 2007 so technically that was the year he got started.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2980617]Bill Belichick didn't stop cheating until 2007 so technically that was the year he got started.[/QUOTE]

Whatever gets you through the night :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mumbles made and kept his team slightly better than they were under Pete Carroll. Big deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're right. there are limits to everything. in cleveland he had modell who was more concerned about squeezing cleveland for more money than the team.

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;2980506]So why did he not win in Cleveland? A great coach needs other things to be in place as well IMO.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would include some facts ....
    Regarding the "Great Tuna", Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff...BB has been to 7 SuperBowls, 4 without the Tuna. Yeah, Parcells is a better coach....please. Go to Canton and see which Giants coach receives credit for one of their SB wins in the Tuna Era, BBs defensive game plan has been enshrined.
    On to Cleveland, the Browns were a mediocre team with mediocre talent, especially when you consider Kosar was washed up. Crappy QBs and moving vans out of town are all that needs to be said about BBs departure from Cleveland. Blame him if it makes you feel good.
    Since Spygate erupted, BBs Patriots are 29-6. The 11-5 record in 2008 was better than 4 playoff teams and equal to 3 playoff teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2980815]Mumbles made and kept his team [B][U]slightly better[/U][/B] than they were under Pete Carroll. Big deal.[/QUOTE]

Carroll [B][U]does not[/U][/B] have 2 Super Bowl rings with the Pats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2980602]Ocourse Lombardi is done - the motherf*cker is dead. What do you want him to do? Resurrect himself so he can outcoach Bellichhick in a Super Bowl like Tom Coughlin did last season?[/QUOTE]

TOUCHE!!!!! It is ismple Lombardi NEVER, repeat it, Never was considered to be out coached in a big game even if his team lost. That is not the same with so many big time coaches that are on people's list. He never had as poor a coachimg game as Bellichick did in last years SB...

Walsh IMO also had that level of preparedness as well. Though I am a big Landry fan too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2980908]THe never had as poor a coachimg game as Bellichick did in last years SB.[/QUOTE]

What do you think BB's biggest coaching blunders were in last year's SB?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2980908]

He never had as poor a coachimg game as Bellichick did in last years SB...

[/QUOTE]

Exactly why do you think BB had a "poor" coaching game last year?

His defensive game plan (as usual) was very good and held the Giants to 17 points and less than 100 yards rushing.

Offensively, he made the second-half adjustments (3-step drops, screens, quick slants, keeping a RB in to help block) that any good HC would make because of the tremendous pressure the Giants were putting on Brady.

You can't fault BB for Matt Light playing with his pud the entire game and not blocking Giant defenders.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Charlie Brown;2979686]He is simply put one of the finest HC in the history of pro sports regardless of the sport....And it makes me SICK!!!!!!:eek:[/quote]

He's not even the finest HC in the history of the NFL IMO, much less all pro sports.

Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh were [U]never[/U] out-coached in a Super Bowl/NFL Championship game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Charlie Brown;2980908]TOUCHE!!!!! It is ismple [B]Lombardi[/B] NEVER, repeat it, Never was considered to be out coached in a big game even if his team lost. That is not the same with so many big time coaches that are on people's list. He never had as poor a coachimg game as Bellichick did in last years SB...

[B]Walsh[/B] IMO also had that level of preparedness as well. Though I am a big Landry fan too.[/quote]

LOL. I see someone agrees with me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2981370]LOL. I see someone agrees with me.[/QUOTE]

Is that the first time that has happened?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;2981374]Is that the first time that has happened?[/quote]

Even YOU have agreed with me before gramps.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2980898]Carroll [B][U]does not[/U][/B] have 2 Super Bowl rings with the Pats.[/QUOTE]

They won the division with Carroll.

I said BB was [I]slightly[/I] better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2981536]They [B][U]won the division[/U][/B] with Carroll.

I said BB was [I]slightly[/I] better.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's right, you are a Jets fan.

Winning the division means alot to you guys. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2981543]Oh, that's right, you are a Jets fan.

Winning the division means alot to you guys. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And winning the SB is the only thing that keeps people like you as fans.