Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter on Jets QB situation

[QUOTE=JI;2980401]The following is a list of the top 2009 NFL free agents.

Quarterback:
    Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos[/quote]

Sign this Beast for Short Money.:yes:

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=JI;2980401]The following is a list of the top 2009 NFL free agents.

Quarterback:
    Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos
    Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
    Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
    Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
    Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
    J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
    Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
    Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks
    Brooks Bollinger UFA Dallas Cowboys
    Chris Simms UFA Tennessee Titans
    J.T. O’Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers
    Matt Gutierrez UFA New England Patriots
    Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills
    Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Brock Berlin RFA St Louis Rams
    Shane Boyd RFA Houston Texans[/QUOTE]

Besides Cassel and Warner who aren't going anywhere, that is one Motley Crew.

BTW...I'd take Grossman over Clemens in a NY minute. Look for Leberfeld to start tooting the horn for the Bollinger train again. LOL

Practice Squad
    [quote=SAR I;2980406]It's a virtual lock that Coach Gruden will bring Chris Simms with him to Florham Park. This is going to be one fun season.

[IMG]http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/chris-simms-jon-gruden_nc.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/quote]
    You REALLY know nothing about Jon Gruden, do you? Gruden HATES Simms. He was never his guy, just his 'best option at the time'. He's a lefty and throws a kink into Gruden's style of offense

It just makes the Favre gamble seem that much worse.
    Was there any back-up plan if the experiment failed?
    Obviously not.
    Because now we've been left with...

[IMG]http://apas.colorado.edu/graphics/Auditors/blackhole.jpg[/IMG]

we cant afford cassell and wont trade for him.warner will be resigned by az so the only one that seems to at least get his team to the playoffs most of the time is garcia and hes better than the 3 we have now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd take a shot on Jeff Garcia before anyone else on that list (assuming Warner and Cassel are retained by their respective teams). Rex is just gross, man!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2980452]Besides Cassel and Warner who aren't going anywhere, that is one Motley Crew.

BTW...[B][SIZE="5"]I'd take Grossman over Clemens in a NY minute[/SIZE][/B]. Look for Leberfeld to start tooting the horn for the Bollinger train again. LOL[/QUOTE]

Really?

Am I the only one who saw Chad Pennington look like garbage behind our 2007 Oline and then look great in Miami and now wonder what Clemens, who looked equally bad in 2007, would look like behind our new Oline?

Clemens deserves a fair shot, not the baptism by fire he got 2007.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Draft. Mark. Sanchez. That is all.

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;2980408]I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Ray Lewis coming into town as the "New Sheriff"? Don't we have enough veterans on the team that can assume that role? Anyway, how long would Ray actually be a Jet? He probably has 2-3 more "good" seasons left in him. I'd rather see Rex Ryan find his new, young player to have that type of role in setting the tone on defense and in the locker room.[/QUOTE]

You would think we have enough, but it showed for nothing this year.

We dont have a single player on our team that has an inch of the emotion/intensity that Ray brings to the table.

[QUOTE=JI;2980420]I know this has nothing to do with QB's or Ray Lewis.
    But....
    I would love if The Jets went after.
    [B]T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals[/B]
    Although there is no way IMO Cincinnati lets him go..[/QUOTE]

Me too. And I think you are right, they will resign him.

I heard the Schefter report on Jets.com and he said the Jets staff was impressed with Clemens the last month of the season. LET THE KIDS BATTLE IT OUT.

[QUOTE=SAR I;2980450]It's not over. Woody will see the light and demote Ryan to Assistant HC & Defensive Coordinator under Gruden.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

why the hard on for Gruden? He really does suck.

Hall Of Fame
    I hate them all except Garcia.

This team needs to cut the bullsh!t and start Ratliff. Clemens had his chance and didnt show much, sure the O-Line sucked, but you would have expected Clemens to show a little something and he showed nothing.

If they are dead set on getting experience in here I think thats a stupid move. Its not like Ratliff is a rookie he has been in this system for 2 years and this will be his third Training camp so hes knows the system. He showed us in Pre Season he had the skills to succeed, all we need to do now is give him a shot in the regular season.

If you have a guy who is

1. Tall, strong armed, and tough
    2. Fearless in the pocket
    3. Can Make all the throws
    4. Knows the system

What else do you need ?? Are people looking at this kid differently because he was an UDFA ? He has all the skills of any QB drafted in the past 3 years but he wont get his shot because hes not a Big Ticket No. 1 Draft pick. Screw that crap!! Brady proved that crap wrong and I believe Joe Montana the 3rd rounder did as well Curt Warner the grocery bag clerk proved people wrong as well.

BRING ON TEH RAT !!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Assuming that Brett Favre walks away.

The Jets should roll into camp with Ratliff, Ainge, Clemens and they should draft a QB with one of their first 3 picks. Clemens could be shown the door.

Garcia and Warner are stop gap players. They can hold the forte for a year or two but then what.

Leftwich is intriguing because of his amazing arm and toughness. He might be worth a flyer as competition in camp.

The Jets need to build around The QB position. Continue to strengthen the weapons around the QB and you will see positive results.

Call Jets fans crazy and The pundits will knock it but I am willing to give Ratliff a shot to win the job next summer.

[QUOTE=SAR I;2980406]It's a virtual lock that Coach Gruden will bring Chris Simms with him to Florham Park. This is going to be one fun season.

[IMG]http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/chris-simms-jon-gruden_nc.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

A virtual lock??? ahhaaha

Simms hates Gruden and Gruden hates young inexperienced QBs

All League
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2980470]I'd take a shot on Jeff Garcia before anyone else on that list (assuming Warner and Cassel are retained by their respective teams). Rex is just gross, man![/QUOTE]

I was thinking along those lines.

I doubt Garcia will want to come in as a backup again in his career. Think he'll get a starting gig anywhere?

Banned
    Rex Grossman will be spending the rest of his career as a backup.

Banned
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2980452]Besides Cassel and Warner who aren't going anywhere, that is one Motley Crew.

BTW...I'd take Grossman over Clemens in a NY minute. Look for Leberfeld to start tooting the horn for the Bollinger train again. LOL[/QUOTE]

Grossman and Clemens both suck big balls. Brett Favre for one more season isn't looking like such a terrible option now.

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2980450]It's not over. Woody will see the light and demote Ryan to Assistant HC & Defensive Coordinator under Gruden.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Gruden was a guy who took over a very talented defense and won the super bowl his first years and did s*** the next 6 years after that. None of the players liked him or liked playing for him. Now I know a coach doesn't have to be NICE or HAVE A RELATIONSHIP with his players, but I want someone the players will play for passionately. That is what Rex Ryan is.

Plus all of the fans down here hated him after his first few years. They realized early the true identity of yucky chucky, and wanted him gone for awhile now...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2980462]It just makes the Favre gamble seem that much worse.
    Was there any back-up plan if the experiment failed?
    Obviously not.
    Because now we've been left with...

[IMG]http://apas.colorado.edu/graphics/Auditors/blackhole.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

This is the biggest reason why Tannenbaum should've been canned. Passed on Cutler, Quinn, Edwards, Flacco etc. There's very little chance of achieving the ultimate goal without an elite QB. It's cool to sit here and discuss all the Jets news, but until we get a young franchise QB, I sometimes wonder, what's the point?

My sig quote btw is from Jim Schwartz, Tennessee's former DC and now Detroit's head coach. He's a defensive mastermind, and even he knows what's up.

All League

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Oh and how you've wanted the Jets to grow a pair of balls and draft a QB in the first round.....ya throw that out the window with gruden. More likely Peyton manning coming to the jets than us drafting a QB with gruden.