Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Any Beer brewers out there?

[QUOTE=JStokes;2987412]Checking the specific gravity (German Bock and a Pilsner):[/QUOTE]

Looking nice. I checked my gravity on some kind of bastard roasted ale thing I brewed recently. It's ready to go, but I'm going to wait for primary fermentation to finish on my other brew so I can secondary one and bottle the other on the same day.

Doesn't brewing make the house smell f-ing beautiful? It makes my wife want to gag, but I wish they made air fresheners with that aroma.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2981348]Thank god for my local 7-11. :yes:[/QUOTE]

You shop here:

[IMG]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/182645237_b42176ee4e_o.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;2987436]Looking nice. I checked my gravity on some kind of bastard roasted ale thing I brewed recently. It's ready to go, but I'm going to wait for primary fermentation to finish on my other brew so I can secondary one and bottle the other on the same day.

[B]Doesn't brewing make the house smell f-ing beautiful?[/B] It makes my wife want to gag, but I wish they made air fresheners with that aroma.[/QUOTE]

That's why we did it at my buddie's house!

Wasn't as bad as I thought.

I've done a lot of wine making in my time but haven't tried beer yet. I think I'll give that a go in the spring.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;2987453]I've done a lot of wine making in my time but haven't tried beer yet. I think I'll give that a go in the spring.[/QUOTE]

I think we're actually going to try wine next time. We have 2 friends that enter their wine in competitions, and they told us they'd show us the ropes.

The beer brewing was a fun evening, lots of beer drinking WHILE you brew!

Hall Of Fame
    Just sampled the beer tonight.

Mods, feel free to move to the wasteland that is Teh Hamper.

Wow, I am really surprised at how good it is.

The German Bock is very smooth and the Pilsner is very clear, golden and crisp.

they both really taste like...well...for want of a better term...BEER. Like store bought or micro-brew beer. I was a little skeptical but it really turned out pretty great.

Am a little buzzed on account of it!!

I think having a previous beer brewer on hand really helped out a lot.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3079050]Just sampled the beer tonight.

they both really taste like...well...for want of a better term...BEER. Like store bought or micro-brew beer. I was a little skeptical but it really turned out pretty great.

I think having a previous beer brewer on hand really helped out a lot.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, but be careful...it can become an obsession. :beerme:

I just cracked (prematurely) an Amber Ale and recently bottled a Brown Porter. I brewed a Blonde Ale this past weekend, and will be doing another Brown Porter this weekend.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3079050]Just sampled the beer tonight.

I think having a previous beer brewer on hand really helped out a lot.[/QUOTE]

Did you force carbonate the beer or did you do it by bottling them with priming sugar?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jets1981;3079370]Did you force carbonate the beer or did you do it by bottling them with priming sugar?[/QUOTE]

Bottled with priming sugar.