Thread: are they switching to the 4-3?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

are they switching to the 4-3?

Saragusa is now on the fan and he said something to the effect " too bad Vilma's not here. he a would work great for the 4-3 defense that Rex and Pettine are going to bring in"

Maybe I missed something but i thought they were sticking with the 3-4. Did goose slip?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ToddtoBarkum1615;2981294]Saragusa is now on the fan and he said something to the effect " too bad Vilma's not here. he a would work great for the 4-3 defense that Rex and Pettine are going to bring in"

Maybe I missed something but i thought they were sticking with the 3-4. Did goose slip?[/QUOTE]

I heard that too.

Why didn't Joe and Evan followup with Goose on that?????

Because they are rambling idiots!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=ToddtoBarkum1615;2981294]Saragusa is now on the fan and he said something to the effect " too bad Vilma's not here. he a would work great for the 4-3 defense that Rex and Pettine are going to bring in"

Maybe I missed something but i thought they were sticking with the 3-4. Did goose slip?[/quote]

Yes the goose slipped. We will stay a 3-4 defense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just say NO to Vilma (and drugs).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/llbrothab/mickey-fat.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;2981298]Yes the goose slipped. We will stay a 3-4 defense.[/QUOTE]

The two bozo's still should have followed-up with Goose to clarify his answer. Especially considering reportedly that was one of the reason Woody & Tanny liked Rex.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He had to be goofing around, no way he does not know the D Ryan favors.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2981324]He had to be goofing around, no way he does not know the D Ryan favors.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't goofing. I heard it. He said it's too bad Vilma is no longer there he's be perfect for the 4-3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;2981329]He wasn't goofing. I heard it. He said it's too bad Vilma is no longer there he's be perfect for the 4-3.[/QUOTE]

vilma was good 1 frickin year...he was overrated in college and he was overrated on the jets -- im sorry but im sick of that guy already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A caller asked about this after the break. Joe and Evan confirmed it was a mistake by Goose and that we'd be running the 3-4 as our primary formation, but Rex will be creative and use the 4-3 and other formations at times.