Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S dept. : Jets | Team may pursue Leonhard ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

S dept. : Jets | Team may pursue Leonhard ~ ~ ~

Jets | Team may pursue Leonhard
    Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:37:15 -0800

Ken Murray, of The Baltimore Sun, reports New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan may be interested in Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent SS Jim Leonhard if he is not re-signed by the Ravens because Ryan coached Leonhard this season.

All League
    Ehhh. Not much better than Elam IMO.

[QUOTE=kelly;2981891]Jets | Team may pursue Leonhard
    Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:37:15 -0800

Ken Murray, of The Baltimore Sun, reports New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan may be interested in Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent SS Jim Leonhard if he is not re-signed by the Ravens [B]because Ryan coached Leonhard this season.[/B][/QUOTE]

So does that mean Suggs and Scott and Lewis will come? I mean he coached those guys too!

This is awesome, I've been really high on this guy and he has a spot waiting for him on this team. Elam simply isn't an every down Safety and Eric Smith is straight garbage.

He's extremely productive and only made $523,000 this season. By fixing a hole efficiently and economically, we'll be able to make other moves (i.e. Bart Scott or Jabari Greer) and still use the draft to address other positions (NT, WR).

He's my number one signing priority right now, hitting the sweet spot between production and price. I've been very impressed with his play both on defense and on special teams this year.

People need to stop throwing out names like Julius Peppers and Albert Haynesworth and start concentrating on guys like Leonhard. It's much more what this offseason is going to be about.

I can think of many other guys I'd rather see brought in.

I'm lost as to why everyone has a boner for this guy. Is it because he's 5'8 so therfore he's a little engine that could type?

It's not even that I think he's bad. I just don't see the difference between him or Eric Smith. Well...the difference is that Smith has been a Jet long enough for us to grow to hate him for no real reason.

Hall Of Fame
    Bring him in! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=DE94Abraham;2981911]Ehhh. Not much better than Elam IMO.[/QUOTE]

YOUR ON CRACK.

[QUOTE=seanmac31;2981918]He's my number one signing priority right now, hitting the sweet spot between production and price. I've been very impressed with his play both on defense and on special teams this year.

People need to stop throwing out names like Julius Peppers and Albert Haynesworth and start concentrating on guys like Leonhard. It's much more what this offseason is going to be about.[/QUOTE]

+1

Veteran

Anything is better than Elam, dude cant even tackle a parked car.

[IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/DudleyDoWright/Elamsucks.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    If we can get Leonhard for a reasonable price, then bring him in.

He's not a star by any means, but he's a rock solid player who could challenge Elam for the starting job opposite Kerry Rhodes.

........ Leonhard >> Elam any day of the week.

[QUOTE=Pennington10ToMoss83;2981954]Anything is better than Elam, dude cant even tackle a parked car.

[IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm141/DudleyDoWright/Elamsucks.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LMFAO I love that picture.

I think Leonhard would be nice competition for Elam, shouldn't cost a fortune, and I also think bringing in an ex-Ravens player would help ease the transition between Defenses. I would like this move, provided we don't overpay him too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Leonhard is better than Elam. Better instincts. Better tackler He would definitely be an upgrade and Elam would be a nice backup. Not to mention, Leonhard is pretty strong on punt returns.

"If he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere, I'd be surprised," Leonhard said yesterday. "He's a tremendous guy to play for, and I think he'd be a great head coach. As a player, I would love to play with him whether it's here or [B]somewhere else[/B], but as Ravens, we would all like him to be back."

Banned
    It looks like Eric Smith is done. So much for the next John Lynch.

in all the games i saw that he played in not only did he play well on all the plays i saw him he was ALWAYS around the ball and gives big time effort, plays with a huge chip. Plus the guy is ridiculously smart and knows his **** about this defense he learned the whole thing in like a week i heard. He's one of those guys u look at and u say u know what not a fantastic athlete but the guy is a football player, he knows how to play this game. and im not sure we can say taht about elam or smith righ tnow

Hall Of Fame
    leonhard is an upgrade over elam.

cheers ~ ~
    :rockon:

Leonhard would a cost effective upgrade at Safety for us. This would enable us some flexibility to plug other holes like CB & ILB.