Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S dept. : Jets | Team may pursue Leonhard ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2985200]I don't understand this organization's fascination with white safeties. This stupidity has been hurting our defense for like 10 years now. Eric Smith flat out stunk this season and basically his entire career. I'm sure there are plenty of caucasians out there who can play the position but for the Jets to go out of their way every year just to find one is racist and beyond inept.

Elam isn't great but he's decent. This isn't a big need.

Unlike those losers you mentioned at least Leonhard looks like a football player.[/QUOTE]
    VincenzoTestaverde, hi :wavey:
    " . . . at least Leonhard looks like a football player. "
    ~ ~ very true . . :rockon:

cheers ~ ~
    :boozin:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2982038]It looks like Eric Smith is done. So much for the next John Lynch.[/QUOTE]

No,no. Scott Frost Was the "Next John Lynch"....then John McGraw was the "Next, Next John Lynch". Then Derek Pagel was the "Next, Next, next John Lynch". THEN Eric Smith came and was the next John McGraw who was supposed to be the "Next, next John Lynch".

Got it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ill take him he is young and showing dat he can have success plus looked who coached him and he will be with rex again anyway ryt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how we not sign him. The Ravens probably aren't dying to keep him, and all signs point to this door being wide open for him.

I guess I'll grow to like him. Still hope we get one or even two more DBs this offseason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;2986922]I don't see how we not sign him. The Ravens probably aren't dying to keep him, and all signs point to this door being wide open for him.
    [U][B]
    I guess I'll grow to like him[/B][/U]. Still hope we get one or even two more DBs this offseason.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I respect the positivity and open-mindedness CMT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2982038]It looks like Eric Smith is done. So much for the next John Lynch.[/QUOTE]

Nope, that was supposed to be Jon McGraw.

Guess i shoulda read earlier posts.
    Last edited by keeb; 01-26-2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Guess i shoulda read earlier posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;2986544]No,no. Scott Frost Was the "Next John Lynch"....then John McGraw was the "Next, Next John Lynch". Then Derek Pagel was the "Next, Next, next John Lynch". THEN Eric Smith came and was the next John McGraw who was supposed to be the "Next, next John Lynch".

Got it?[/QUOTE] ~ no . . :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Ravens safety Jim Leonhard and cornerback Corey Ivy, both unrestricted free agents, are likely on the Jets' wish list in free agency, especially with the Jets finishing 29th in the NFL in pass defense this past season."

> [url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.s...r_brian_sc.html[/url]