Thread: Javon Ringer RB Michigan State

All League

Javon Ringer RB Michigan State

I've seen this kid play and he's a gamer.

Any info about him? Is he at the Senior Bowl? Does he project to a certain round?

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;2984314]I've seen this kid play and he's a gamer.

Any info about him? Is he at the Senior Bowl? Does he project to a certain round?[/QUOTE]

He's about the same size as Leon with less speed. We need a future workhorse to replace TJ. Jets will most likely not draft a RB on day 1. With two picks at #4; one would probaby be for a RB. Maybe a Shonn Greene might still be available

He's this years Ray Rice, which is much better than being a Mike Hart.

He is projected to go in the 2-3 round.

I actually like Ringer which is weird because I'm normally wary of Michigan State players who normally come out with some kind of maturity issue...but Ringer is different.

This kid is supposed to have together...is a team leader and is threat out of the backfield...can pass pro too...however..comparing him to Ray Rice would be accurate but he's nowhere near as tough a runner as Rice is...like not even on the same planet. I dunno if he could carry the load but he might be a good change of pace back or a key cog in a multiple back system. He's actually a guy I wouldn't mind seeing in Philly.

[QUOTE=Chase the Eagles Fan;2985104]I actually like Ringer which is weird because I'm normally wary of Michigan State players who normally come out with some kind of maturity issue...but Ringer is different.

This kid is supposed to have together...is a team leader and is threat out of the backfield...can pass pro too...however..comparing him to Ray Rice would be accurate but he's nowhere near as tough a runner as Rice is...like not even on the same planet. I dunno if he could carry the load but he might be a good change of pace back or a key cog in a multiple back system. He's actually a guy I wouldn't mind seeing in Philly.[/QUOTE]

Take it from someone who saw him all year long...

The near 400 carries with over 1600 net yards is remarkable...

Opposing teams game planned strictly for him and he still put up huge numbers.

Kid has identical numbers to Leon but I've stood next to him... 5'9 202 doesn't quite do him justice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Chase the Eagles Fan;2985104]He's actually a guy I wouldn't mind seeing in Philly.[/QUOTE]

I think he'd be a perfect fit in Philly as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and I think they need to draft one this year if they lose Buck. He doesn't get enough credit in Phila.

All Pro
    Ringer is really really tough. Great kid too and he's a workhorse. You wonder how long he might hold up due to his relatively small size (which is still a lot bigger than Leon btw) but when you look at this kid's legs some of those worries go away. I wouldn't want him on the Jets though, as I much rather get a true No.1 RB or a real big bruiser who complements TJ and Leon.

All League
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGz97w4Ya9g[/url]

Saw an ESPN special on him, he has apparently broken all sorts of records for leg strength at MSU. He is definitely a workhorse type back as opposed to a Leon, change of pace type back.

Not sure Id love him for us though....400 carries in a year is a lot (although Kevin Smith had a good first yr for the lions after a huge workload in college). Hearing good things about this Jennings kid from Liberty....love to see us get him in a late round.

Looks good and strong, but we need a bigger guy to compliment Leon.
    We should consider getting a guy like Ngata and making him our full back and dL . :D:yes:
    We'd have a helluva running game.

Ringer is a big back, just not tall (even better) don't fool yourselves with the height and the weight, this guy is 205 or whatever but he runs like he's 230. Short and stocky with tremendous change of direction skills and take it to the house type speed and acceleration, hey maybe he can be reunited with his old pal Caulcrick!

My mother could tackle Ringer...I like him...but I don't think he could be a feature back. What your describing is a future Hall of Famer...

[QUOTE=Chase the Eagles Fan;2987417]My mother could tackle Ringer...I like him...but I don't think he could be a feature back. What your describing is a future Hall of Famer...[/QUOTE]

Actually he reminds me of your boy Westbrook, only stockier. About the tackling part, first you have to get your arms on him and these types of backs are very hard to lay a square hit on them, not sure he has the power of a Maurice Jones but he's pretty powerful for a small back.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_Ao_eLU1E[/url]

He likes to attack north/south and occassionally break on big, but I like his attack mentality, he's rather get 4 or 5 the hard way than dance around, very good qualities for a future NFL back.

That's a great compilation of what this kid can do...

For those that question his break away speed, half this video is him bouncing to the outside for 15+

This kid is much better than Caulcrick who some of you may have noticed was on our PS at FB.

Had Caulcrick not been at State to split time in 2007, this kid would have unreal numbers for his college career (even though he's already impressively above average)

I wouldn't mind picking him up on the Jets since I've been a fan already but understand the more pressing needs we currently have.

All Pro
    I just like the way he plays. He goes forward and is always trying to find that first down marker. It's like he can see yellow line.

I don't know what the obsession is with having a big back and small back combo. I know it's been successful for a bunch of teams, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to run a team.

I agree with the small back/big back thing...I think if you have two high caliber guys it doesn't matter if they're big or small...