Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #17 Hakeem Nicks WR UNC, #49 Jairus Byrd CB ORE. #81 Ron Brace NT BC

#17 Hakeem Nicks WR UNC, #49 Jairus Byrd CB ORE. #81 Ron Brace NT BC

These are my three picks.

1st rd. WR Nicks # 17
    2nd rd. CB Byrd # 47
    3rd rd. NT Brace # 81

I would sign FA's DE Canty (Boys) 6'6 300 and Safety J Phillips (Bucs) 6'2 220

The jets always find 4th rd. Gems and that is where they should look for a LB.

Dont laugh i tried! :P

If Nicks is who you really want, I personally like him a lot too, the Jets can trade down into the second round and get him, this would be a good way to get more picks. But I still think the Jets need 1st round talent at some position.

[QUOTE=Jet#24Eventually;2985216]If Nicks is who you really want, I personally like him a lot too, the Jets can trade down into the second round and get him, this would be a good way to get more picks. But I still think the Jets need 1st round talent at some position.[/QUOTE]

I think Nicks is going in the 1st once he shows w/he can do at the combine. He is ready to start right now..:yes:

My full Draft: [B]Not[/B] including *Extra Picks* 1 pick in 1-7 rounds

#17 Nicks WR UNC
    #47 Byrd CB ORE
    #81 Brace NT BC
    #113 Vaughn S WF
    #145 pj.Hill RB Wisc
    #177 Brinkley LB SC 6'2 275 lbs. MLB
    #209 Painter QB PUR

Like i said bf the Jets have another pick i think in the 3rd or 4th rd where they can get a LB to go w/Brinkley.. The Jets always find good players in the 4th rd.

If I saw this result come draft day I would want to shoot myself in the face.

Nicks isnt first round talent.
    There are about 8 corners I would be interested in before Byrd
    Brace is a slob
    PJ Hill is too slow
    Brinkley is too low

to each his own though

All League
    [QUOTE=PappaSmurfNYJ;2986167][B]If I saw this result come draft day I would want to shoot myself in the face.[/B]

Nicks isnt first round talent.
    There are about 8 corners I would be interested in before Byrd
    Brace is a slob
    PJ Hill is too slow
    Brinkley is too low

to each his own though[/QUOTE]

LOL.

1. I think Nicks will be first out the gate at the combine. (agree Mac)
    2. Corners Idk pretty deep 2nd year in a row.
    3. Brace eh
    4. Hill, played against him. Not bad. Not a 1.
    5. Brinkley a lotta up.

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;2986206]LOL.

1. I think Nicks will be first out the gate at the combine. (agree Mac)
    2. Corners Idk pretty deep 2nd year in a row.
    3. [B]Brace eh[/B]
    4. Hill, played against him. Not bad. Not a 1.
    5. Brinkley a lotta up.[/QUOTE]

I have a 100 different jet draft scenerios but my main concerns are a DE, CB, WR, S and put Rat at QB. The Jets are Coming!!!

[B]I was just thinking for a backup for KJ[/B] Maybe the jets can bring in Grady J. to backup KJ. I was also thinking about drafting Dorrel Scott 6'5 315, he would make a great 34 DE beside KJ if the jets dont bring in FA DE like Canty (boys) 6'7 300:yes:.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2986015]I think Nicks is going in the 1st once he shows w/he can do at the combine. He is ready to start right now..:yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree that Nicks is 1st round talent, he is awesome, but how many teams in the 1st round need receivers over other positions. Not many, and the teams that do will be targeting either Crabtree or Maclin before Nicks, so therefore trading down would be best if you want to grab Nicks. Accumulate more picks.

If the Jets got Painter in the 7th round I would be happy.

Granted his senior year sucked, but he was still a top draft prospect heading into the 2008 season. I think the chance is worth taking.

I'm going to call it right now, Painter has a fantastic showing at the combine.

[QUOTE=thegrand11;2986427]If the Jets got Painter in the 7th round I would be happy.

Granted his senior year sucked, but he was still a top draft prospect heading into the 2008 season. I think the chance is worth taking.

I'm going to call it right now, Painter has a fantastic showing at the combine.[/QUOTE]

ya i agree he was my fav QB comming into this year...i cant beleive he would be a seventh rounder...plus if we got him he would have the chemistry with keller...not saying he would start or anything but at least he would have that going for him

The only one I like is Brace.

Nicks can be had about 15 picks later. Mike Mickens and Macho Harris could be available in the 2nd, both are superior to Byrd.

[QUOTE=Jet#24Eventually;2986390]I agree that Nicks is 1st round talent, he is awesome, but how many teams in the 1st round need receivers over other positions. Not many, and the teams that do will be targeting either Crabtree or Maclin before Nicks, so therefore trading down would be best if you want to grab Nicks. Accumulate more picks.[/QUOTE]

I like Nicks ahead of Maclin and Crabtree!! :yes: Thats me.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2986633]I like Nicks ahead of Maclin and Crabtree!! :yes: Thats me.[/QUOTE]

That's a very bold statement and goes against what all the 'experts' say. What do you see in Nicks that makes you think he's better than the other 2?

What is the status of the compensation for Vilma? I thought that they were going to resign him giving us their 2nd round pick this year ( 14th in round 2). If that happens it would be a huge pick for us to either select a very good player in the first half of the second round or give us some ammo to trade up in the first to select a player that we really think can come in and be an impact player.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;2986644]That's a very bold statement and goes against what all the 'experts' say. What do you see in Nicks that makes you think he's better than the other 2?[/QUOTE]

Yea it is a bold statement but I'll be honest, the single game film that I saw of Nicks, he was an absolute beast. From the game I saw I like him better than Maclin but not over Crabtree.

Nicks played fast, made quick cuts, really threw off the corners trying to cover him and got open on almost every play. He went across the middle and showed great hands. Then again it was only 1 game and I need to watch more film on him but there isn't much available.

Brace's stock rose a bit in my mind on one play in the senior bowl. It was a long offensive play, I believe a screen pass and Brace keep running and made the tackle well downfield. So many players stop and watch once the ball carrier is past them, especially linemen but he kept up the effort.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet#24Eventually;2986653]Yea it is a bold statement but I'll be honest, the single game film that I saw of Nicks, he was an absolute beast. From the game I saw I like him better than Maclin but not over Crabtree.

Nicks played fast, made quick cuts, really threw off the corners trying to cover him and got open on almost every play. He went across the middle and showed great hands. Then again it was only 1 game and I need to watch more film on him but there isn't much available.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen much of Nicks either, but I did see the Miami game, and he was great, but I just don't think he's on the level of Crabtree or Maclin.

They're top 10 caliber players, while I think Nicks is more of a late 1, early 2 talent. He doesn't have anything 'special' about him. He just does everything pretty well.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;2986644]That's a very bold statement and goes against what all the 'experts' say. What do you see in Nicks that makes you think he's better than the other 2?[/QUOTE]

That information is classified, if I tell you.....well you know the rest.

Ill take Maclin or Nicks at 17. Maclin is going to be a bigtime Playmaker and so is Nicks. If the jets get MAC i hope he gains about 5 lbs. (MUSCLE) bf preseason games start. With Maclins speed, if he got from 202 to 207 lbs. Watchout! Start MAC beside Coles and the Jets would have the fastest Starters in the entire league W/serious skills. IT would be Lights out for teams.

I SEE NICKS A BIGGER AND FASTER VERSION OF COTCHERY WHO SHOULD START BS COLES W/ Cotchery, Clown , Stuck... coming off bench. But that will never work bc cotch will be pissed as Sh*t bc he isn't starting anymore. You know how all that is? they are lke babies when they dont get way.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2986960]Ill take Maclin or Nicks at 17. Maclin is going to be a bigtime Playmaker and so is Nicks. If the jets get MAC i hope he gains about 5 lbs. (MUSCLE) bf preseason games start. With Maclins speed, if he got from 202 to 207 lbs. Watchout! Start MAC beside Coles and the Jets would have the fastest Starters in the entire league W/serious skills. IT would be Lights out for teams.

I SEE NICKS A BIGGER AND FASTER VERSION OF COTCHERY WHO SHOULD START BS COLES W/ Cotchery, Clown , Stuck... coming off bench. But that will never work bc cotch will be pissed as Sh*t bc he isn't starting anymore. You know how all that is? they are lke babies when they dont get way.[/QUOTE]

rarely do first year WR make an immediate impact...I dont think Nicks will be starting right away for the Jets especially in place of out most consistant WR the last couple of years...I think Cotchery would have every reason to be pissed if an unproven WR has his job. By the time Nicks sees the feild as a starter it will be in place of Coles.

If he sees the field at all...