Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter: "Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future"

Adam Schefter: "Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future"

Did anyone else just hear this on WFAN?

He questions it because he says when March comes around, and FA hits and Draft and possible trade targets such as Derek Anderson, will the Jets be singing the same tune.
    Last edited by JV51; 01-24-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So in other words he has no clue, but plays it both ways.

He says they believe in him, covering him if Clemens becomes the starting QB.

Then says they may change their tune when FA and draft hit.

Nice.

Banned
    LOL I agree, NFL doesn't have nearly as many sources as ESPN so they have to twist up something like this to try to keep up....Pathetic.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JV51;2985284]"Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future" [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2003/April/1/Photos/08_midget.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JV51;2985284]Did anyone else just hear this on WFAN?

He questions it because he says when March comes around, and FA hits and Draft and possible trade targets such as Derek Anderson, will the Jets be singing the same tune.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I'm confused.

Did Schefter say the Jets think Clemens is the guy for the future? Or did he question that statement? (Or both?)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2985292]LOL I agree, NFL doesn't have nearly as many sources as ESPN so they have to twist up something like this to try to keep up....Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

ESPN does the exact same thing.

Their stories, backed by sources, rarely say anything deeper than this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cover story that basically attempts to tell the league the Jets aren't in need of a QB, yet that's probably exactly what they're targeting in FA or the Draft.

"Dewayne Robertson is the starting DT of the New York Jets and we fully expect him to be here next year." - Mike Tannenbaum, 10:45 a.m.

NEWS: Jets Trade DT Dewayne Robertson to Denver Broncos, 11:04 a.m.

I think Clemens can be the starter. I think he played well in 07 considering how bad the OL was. How many times he was getting hit. I feel he gets better as the game goes on and really steps up in crunch time. He outplayed Pennington that year, he was more effective in leading scoring drives. I think in a run offense that does PI and has the QB throw like 25 times a game he can be good. Hes also mobile which is good as he can pick up yards on the ground.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Shefter's not an analyst, he's an info guy, and by far the best in the business. He's just relaying what someone in the Jets organization told him, nothing more. I'm not a fan of Clemens, but if it's a 3 way comp. (Ratliff/Clemens/Ainge) and he wins, I'll support him. I'd much rather see one of the young guys than Favre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wasn't there some article that mentioned the Jets organization wants to see what they have in Ratliff? And that Clemens isn't too high up in the eyes of the FO?

I still think Favre retires, they bring in a vet QB and have an open competition in TC for the starting spot.q

[QUOTE]I think Clemens can be the starter. I think he played well in 07 considering how bad the OL was. How many times he was getting hit. I feel he gets better as the game goes on and really steps up in crunch time. He outplayed Pennington that year, he was more effective in leading scoring drives. I think in a run offense that does PI and has the QB throw like 25 times a game he can be good. Hes also mobile which is good as he can pick up yards on the ground.
    [/QUOTE]

+1

You also have to keep in mind that even if the Jets wanted to go in another direction they would never bad mouth their own pick; it would absolutely kill his value.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;2985339]Wasn't there some article that mentioned the Jets organization wants to see what they have in Ratliff? And that Clemens isn't too high up in the eyes of the FO?

I still think Favre retires, they bring in a vet QB and have an open competition in TC for the starting spot.q[/QUOTE]

Francessa keeps saying that there are people in the Jets that are real high on Ratliff.

But no one has really come out and said that Clemens sucks, or doesn't have it.

Then again why go that route and devalue a player that you may want to trade down the road?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;2985349]Francessa keeps saying that there are people in the Jets that are real high on Ratliff.

Then again why go that route and devalue a player that you may want to trade down the road?[/QUOTE]

There's NO trade value for Clemens.

I'm not his biggest fan but I'd also see what he can do behind a real o-line and, hopefully, with a big-target WR. He's just so short, has happy feet, and is kinda erratic.

Ratliff looks like he has all the tools but that's to be seen.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;2985349]

[/QUOTE]

bit has said that on numerous occasions. :yes:

Well at least we can find out what Clemens can do behind a good oline. And hey its a lot easier to bench Clemens for Ratliff then Favre for Ratliff :)

Kellen is the front runner and barring injury or a big trade he will be our starting QB in 09.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985353]bit has said that on numerous occasions. :yes:[/QUOTE]

tex, don't you have something to do today better than harass us?

I am to tired to tell you GFY..... so I won't.:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985353]bit has said that on numerous occasions. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Bit knew after the Cowboy game that Clemens sucked..I don't think Bit has ever been wrong...??:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2985356]Kellen is the front runner and barring injury or a big trade he will be our starting QB in 09.[/QUOTE]

wanna bet???

this guy sucks!!! there is no way, zero % chance this guy is our starter in 09......not even 1%.....ZERO!!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2985356]Kellen is the front runner and barring injury or a big trade he will be our starting QB in 09.[/QUOTE]

or brett *ucking favre