Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter: "Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;2985370]wanna bet???

this guy sucks!!! there is no way, zero % chance this guy is our starter in 09......not even 1%.....ZERO!!!![/QUOTE]

:funnyguy:

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2985330]I think Clemens can be the starter. I think he played well in 07 considering how bad the OL was. How many times he was getting hit. I feel he gets better as the game goes on and really steps up in crunch time. He outplayed Pennington that year, he was more effective in leading scoring drives. I think in a run offense that does PI and has the QB throw like 25 times a game he can be good. Hes also mobile which is good as he can pick up yards on the ground.[/QUOTE]

Clemens was 3-5 on that horrible 2007 team and could have easily been 5-3 with some breaks going his way. I believe he has already proven himself and is more than adequate. The question is can he be great, and we'll never know unless he gets achance to start behind a real O Line with a good running game. Frankly, I think the Jets best options are on their roster. I like what I've seen from Clemens behind a fire-drill O Line and I like Ratliffe's potential. As far as a veteran presence, if the coaching staff thinks one is needed, I'd pick someone off the scrap heap near the end of training camp. There's always some version of Brad Johnson, Charlie Batch, et al... available.

As far as the draft, they should not pick a QB unless a "Flacco" appears at teh combine. Remember, Flacco was on nobody's radar until he performed at the combine.

BTW, I like what Rex said when a reporter pressed him on his choice for QB. Rex's repsonse: "Joe Namath".

All League

this guy sucks!!! there is no way, zero % chance this guy is our starter in 09......not even 1%.....ZERO!!!![/QUOTE]

I would put it at 60/40 at this point. 70/30 should brett retire.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;2985359]tex, don't you have something to do today better than harass us?

I am to tired to tell you GFY..... so I won't.:D[/QUOTE]

Tex his still licking his wounds after his POS HC failed to guide the Pats into the playoffs despite having, by far, the easiest schedule in the NFL, a franchise QB, and fewer injuries than the Ravens.

All League
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;2985351][B]There's NO trade value for Clemens[/B].

I'm not his biggest fan but I'd also see what he can do behind a real o-line and, hopefully, with a big-target WR. He's just so short, has happy feet, and is kinda erratic.

Ratliff looks like he has all the tools but that's to be seen.[/QUOTE]

His only value is he has a couple of NFL starts under his belt, his value would be if we released him, and he gets a backup job with another team just like Bolly.
    Last edited by 2milehighJet; 01-24-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you came to this well thought out conclusion after seeing him play all of 8 games behind a horrible line with no running game.

Guess you felt the same way about Elway and others who struggled at least as much their first go as starters

Pretty funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;2985383]And you came to this well thought out conclusion after seeing him play all of 8 games behind a horrible line with no running game.

Pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

That's what I don't understand with some fans?? Chad a seasoned Vet won 1 game and KC 3 behind that line so unless he gets another chance and fails who knows for sure what he can do??:huh: Oh Chad had better stats while losing, I forgot that's more important then wins..Which is why stats are for losers..;)

All League
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;2985381]His only value is he has a couple of NFL starts under his belt, his value would be if we released him, just like Bolly.[/QUOTE]

He is way better than Bolly IMO. People might not agree and say they both suck, but I'll support Clemens. Clearly not as bad as people think.

I think it would be a good thing to give him confidence like Lovie Smith did with Rex and support him.

I just watch theses highlights and I see something there. All against Rex by the way. (LOL listen at 2:23)

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg[/URL]

Banned
    Kellen Clemens has thrown more than twice as many interceptions as td passes and he absolutely sucked in TC and preseason last summer. The Jets are trying to give themselves leverage in negotiation with a free agent quarterback or a possible trade for someone like Derek Anderson.

Ofcourse the Jets aren't going to publicly say Kellen Clemens sucks, they did however bench him for Chad Pennington and trade for Brett Favre.

[QUOTE=JV51;2985284]Did anyone else just hear this on WFAN?

He questions it because he says when March comes around, and FA hits and Draft and possible trade targets such as Derek Anderson, will the Jets be singing the same tune.[/QUOTE]

Of course Jets aren't that high on K Clemens anymore. What do they get telling every team they think hes garbage. They are going to try and talk clemens up the next couiple months, hoping someone wants to bite. Remember Mangini kept telling you that Vilma was a great fit for his 3-4.(every Jet fan could see he wasn't) How about all the times he was talking up Justin Miller as a CB. So be leery of coaches praises without seeing the results for yourself.. Don't be supprised when you hear how much better V gholston looks this offseason.

All League
    10:05 AM: "The Jets are really high on Brett Ratliff."
    11:05 AM: "The Jets think Kellen Clemens may be their QB of the Future."
    12:05 PM: "The Jets are hoping that Brett Favre returns next season."
    1:05 PM: "The Jets are supposedly showing interest in signing FA QB [I][U]fillin the name of the week[/U][/I]."
    2:05 PM: "Rumors circulating around the league are that the Jets are interested in trading for [I][U]fillin the name of the week[/U][/I] to be their next starting QB."

Wake me up when camp starts.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2985377]Clemens was 3-5 on that horrible 2007 team [/QUOTE]

And those 8 games the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985396]And those 8 games the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wins against the 4-12 Chiefs and 1-15 Dolphins are big deal. :eek:

any names menttioned to replace lost postion coaches

HAs anyone heard possibel candidates for the DL.lb,db jobs and the qb coach.I thought i heard jim hermann took a job with the giants.Just wopndering who rex might bring it to fill those spots.

All League
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985396]And those 8 games the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice try but no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Like the Steelers,Cowboys, Ravens,Pats(KC was knocked out in the first series??)and Skins??:eek:

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;2985389]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg[/URL][/QUOTE]

Looking back at that im so glad McCariens is no where near this team. Also, I didnt realize that last drive the Ravens didn't blitz once the whole time. Hmm..sounds familiar..sending just 3 or 4 guys and letting the qb drive down the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2985398]Wins against the 4-12 Chiefs and 1-15 Dolphins are big deal. :eek:[/QUOTE]

If not for Leon Chaddy would have lost to the Fins and not had any wins for the year..:yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2985405]Looking back at that im so glad McCariens is no where near this team. Also, I didnt realize that last drive the Ravens didn't blitz once the whole time. Hmm..sounds familiar..sending just 3 or 4 guys and letting the qb drive down the field.[/QUOTE]

They sent 5 guys almost every play?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2985404]Like the Steelers,Cowboys, Ravens,Pats(KC was knocked out in the first series??)and Skins??:eek:[/QUOTE]

I guess you guys missed the: :rolleyes:

I was giving Sonny a hard time.