Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter: "Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future"

Banned
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2985407]If not for Leon Chaddy would have lost to the Fins and not had any wins for the year..:yes:[/QUOTE]

And your point is? The second Dolphins game, the one Jets fans use to argue that Kellen Clemens is the next Montana, the Dolphins were without Trent Green, Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers and were starting John Beck who couldn't miracle his way to a first down.

I hope Clemens does great next year as the starter. I just don't think he's that good and hope we see Rat and a veteran compete next TC.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;2985389]He is way better than Bolly IMO. People might not agree and say they both suck, but I'll support Clemens. Clearly not as bad as people think.

I think it would be a good thing to give him confidence like Lovie Smith did with Rex and support him.

I just watch theses highlights and I see something there. All against Rex by the way. (LOL listen at 2:23)

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg[/URL][/QUOTE]

few things i want to say about that video...

-GOD i hate jmac. what a bum.
    -back when mangini was skinny. the hell happened? seriously?
    -cotch was a stud that day. and did you see coles running down the field to block defenders? where'd that go?
    -our defense SUCKS

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;2985411]They sent 5 guys almost every play?[/QUOTE]

The last drive? After the Baker TD? They sent 5 guys on one play...unless im completely missing someone everytime, I see 4 all the others.

I agree, I think Clemens will be our QB for a long time.

He played behind an awful line and had no running game. He can be a very solid QB on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985293][IMG]http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2003/April/1/Photos/08_midget.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL this is greatt!!! how does no one see thiss!?

Look Im not saying that Kellen is the answer, but we cannot base our opinion on a kid who did well with his best WR out, and a shot OLINE.

All League
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;2985532]Look Im not saying that Kellen is the answer, but we cannot base our opinion on a kid who did well with his best WR out, and a shot OLINE.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's a bust after 8 starts :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2985417]And your point is? The second Dolphins game, the one Jets fans use to argue that Kellen Clemens is the next Montana, the Dolphins were without Trent Green, Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers and were starting John Beck who couldn't miracle his way to a first down.

I hope Clemens does great next year as the starter. I just don't think he's that good and hope we see Rat and a veteran compete next TC.[/QUOTE]

Point was obvious..BTW Cleo lemon beat the Ravens for their only win last year without alot of those players.I'm rooting for the Rat but I still think Clemens didn't get a fair shot..Look how Steve Young did on the terrible Buc's years ago..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2985396]And those 8 games the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those 8 games.

Ravens, Pitt, Pats and Skins were all pansies on their schedule.

Easily the easiest in the NFL.

Lame
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2985417]And your point is? The second Dolphins game, the one Jets fans use to argue that Kellen Clemens is the next Montana, the Dolphins were without Trent Green, Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers and were starting John Beck who couldn't miracle his way to a first down.

I hope Clemens does great next year as the starter. I just don't think he's that good and hope we see Rat and a veteran compete next TC.[/QUOTE]

What does all those players missing from the fins offense have to do with KC hanging 40+ on the fins?

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2985330]I think Clemens can be the starter. I think he played well in 07 considering how bad the OL was. How many times he was getting hit. I feel he gets better as the game goes on and really steps up in crunch time. He outplayed Pennington that year, he was more effective in leading scoring drives. [/QUOTE]
    KRhodes, you couldn't be more wrong about Clemens. Clemens was flat out lousy in 2007. His statistic back that up. By all accounts, he displayed poor accuracy, pocket presence and down field vision. I don't know what QB you were watching.

I think KC needs to get another look. He did not do terrible on a bad team. I do not think we have seen enough to say one way or the other at this point. Now the coaches may see something we are not privy to. I would like to see us stay the course with the three we have after BF retires and see who develops.

[QUOTE=TKasper01;2985825]I think KC needs to get another look. He did not do terrible on a bad team. I do not think we have seen enough to say one way or the other at this point. Now the coaches may see something we are not privy to. I would like to see us stay the course with the three we have after BF retires and see who develops.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, but I have to throw in that we draft Stafford or Sanchez if they somehow fall to us.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RichardTodd27;2985820]KRhodes, you couldn't be more wrong about Clemens. Clemens was flat out lousy in 2007. His statistic back that up. By all accounts, he displayed poor accuracy, pocket presence and down field vision. I don't know what QB you were watching.[/QUOTE]

He looked like a pro-bowl QB in the 4th quarter against Baltimore. Justin McCraphands really, really blew that one. The kid has a great arm.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;2985832]He looked like a pro-bowl QB in the 4th quarter against Baltimore. Justin McCraphands really, really blew that one. The kid has a great arm.[/QUOTE]

I just watched the video.

Forgot how open McCareins was and how perfect the pass was.

He HAS an arm, but I think Ratliff's is just as strong and I really like his size better.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;2985835]I just watched the video.

Forgot how open McCareins was and how perfect the pass was.

He HAS an arm, but I think Ratliff's is just as strong and I really like his size better.[/QUOTE]

Did you see how quick that release was? Just watch how fast the ball gets to the target from the time he begins the throwing motion. It's done in a snap. I could see why guys like Merrill Hodge and Jaws were on this guys D at draft time.

Camp will be fun to watch if they let these guys duke it out for the starting job.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;2985837]Did you see how quick that release was? Just watch how fast the ball gets to the target from the time he begins the throwing motion. It's done in a snap. I could see why guys like Merrill Hodge and Jaws were on this guys D at draft time.

[B]Camp will be fun to watch if they let these guys duke it out for the starting job[/B].[/QUOTE]

Said it before, this is going to be a GREAT camp watching these guys battle it out. Now that they're in Florham Park, I may head out there once or twice.

Like I said, I'm rooting for Ratliff, but I am not a Clemens hater. If he comes out and wins the job I will be as happy as any other Jet fan and be a huge supporter.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not a Clemens guy at all. Unfortunately, I think he's the front-runner if for no other reason Tannenbaum selected him in the 2nd round of his very first draft as GM and would probably like to be able to say he made the right choice. And Shotty may have had some input in that decision as well. So there may be some vested influence being exerted. Clemens was also the other active QB during the season. Not sure how many times Ratliff was active. So that should say something right there.

Naturally, in any case, I hope the buck stops with Ryan. And if it's Clemens, than so be it. As long as Ratliff is given an equally fair evaluation. Whomever it is, I want to see results.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=JStokes;2985841]Said it before, this is going to be a GREAT camp watching these guys battle it out. Now that they're in Florham Park, I may head out there once or twice.

Like I said, I'm rooting for Ratliff, but I am not a Clemens hater. If he comes out and wins the job I will be as happy as any other Jet fan and be a huge supporter.[/quote]

Just don't announce when you'll be there. Some psycho from LI may come out to pay you a visit. ;)

[QUOTE=RichardTodd27;2985820]KRhodes, you couldn't be more wrong about Clemens. Clemens was flat out lousy in 2007. His statistic back that up. By all accounts, he displayed poor accuracy, pocket presence and down field vision. I don't know what QB you were watching.[/QUOTE]

So you are against the theory that you need an O-Line and some type of Run Game to succeed?

Anyone judging Clemens as a bust because of his 2007 performance is a ****ing moron.