Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Adam Schefter: "Jets Believe Kellen Clemens is the guy for the future"

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RichardTodd27;2986318]What a ridiculous statement. I can take any NFL QB and point to 1 impressive quarter of play and say "this guy's the real thing". You gotta look at the whole body of work (which was awful).[/QUOTE]

Not true. Lots of QBs CAN'T do that against Baltimore's D. It's not like he was out there against the Lions. Is he the second coming of Kenny Stabler, doubtful. But don't act like he doesn't have the 'tools' to be a good QB.

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2986066]What connections does Francesa have with the Jets that others don't?
    I take anything he says about the Jets with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

ummm...mr.t who is still buddies w tuna who is buddies w francesa..francesa was first one to break news on the top 3 candidates and rex being hired confirmed his original story..

Banned
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2986332]Just curious. You ever get board of this?[/QUOTE]

No

I personally think Clemens lacks the accuracy and reaction-time to succeed in the Schottenheimer offense predicated on short passes

Hall Of Fame
    If it does happen that Clemens is the favorite going into TC this year then this will be the 2nd year in a row that he will have been the presumptive starter going into camp. He'd better bloody well win the job this time if that is the case. If he doesn't he will be cut and he should be cut.

Personally I think the book on Clemens is that he plays short. His passes can be blocked or changed dramatically by opposing linemen and that is what started to happen once he had a few starts under his belt. Until or unless he changes his point of release or his timing then the rest of the league will continue feast on him in this respect. A bit like being a fumbler. Once the book is out on you then you need to go the extra mile to prove that you no longer have that problem.

Ainge will have the longest career of the three kids IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EM31;2987475]If it does happen that Clemens is the favorite going into TC this year then this will be the 2nd year in a row that he will have been the presumptive starter going into camp. He'd better bloody well win the job this time if that is the case. If he doesn't he will be cut and he should be cut.

Personally I think the book on Clemens is that he plays short. His passes can be blocked or changed dramatically by opposing linemen and that is what started to happen once he had a few starts under his belt. Until or unless he changes his point of release or his timing then the rest of the league will continue feast on him in this respect. A bit like being a fumbler. Once the book is out on you then you need to go the extra mile to prove that you no longer have that problem.

Ainge will have the longest career of the three kids IMO.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to cut him if he fails in camp, 09 is the last year of his contract..Plus he's not costing alot and besides knowing the offense a desperate team may need a QB during the season maybe we get a pick for him??