Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The top 50 CBs of 2008 (Revis is #3 and Lowery is #39)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still want to see Lowery at FS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2986316]So what is the job of a CB?

To defend against the pass.

Again, the Jets had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

Stats don't lie.[/QUOTE]

Watch Football! Everyone knows a Cb cant cover a WR on every pass down for 5-6 secs so the QB scans the field two or three times.. WITW is Wrong w/U..?? :zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]1. Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
    Season Totals: 29 attempts, 4.97 YPA, 62.07 Forced INC%, 0 TDs, 1 INT

My two cents: Was this the best season ever for a CB? Asomugha was only thrown at 29 times the entire season and allowed just 9 receptions.He allowed two catches (both to Tony Gonzalez) over an eight game span in the middle of the season. He allowed 144 yards receiving for the season, and 46 of those came on one play against the Chargers where he misjudged an underthrown pass to Vincent Jackson. If a CB has had a better season than this, Iíd like to see the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Those are amazing stats. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2986412]Haven't figured out what? That TX posts his hot garbage to get a rise out of people?

I think we've all firgured that out. [B]What we don't understand is why he spends every waking moment of his day doing it.[/B][/QUOTE]

TX is a computer.

i thought this was common knowledge? :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This article lost ALL credibility with me when he said that Lowery was playing in the wrong system because the Jets played in a man-to-man style defense. Outside of 2-3 games (both Patriot games), all Mangini did was play zone!

Teams that blitz the hell out of opposing QB's play man-to-man defenses. Teams that predominently rush 3 at the pass rusher and have 8 men in coverage are straight up playing a zone defense. How many receivers on average go out for a pass on a single play call? 4 including TEs and RBs? If we were playing predominently man-to-man we would have been double covering all 4 receivers with 8 defenders.

What a ridiculous article. Maybe he watched all 250+ NFL games this year but that doesn't give him a clue when it comes to understanding what he's seeing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2987025]This article lost ALL credibility with me when he said that Lowery was playing in the wrong system because the Jets played in a man-to-man style defense. Outside of 2-3 games (both Patriot games), all Mangini did was play zone!

Teams that blitz the hell out of opposing QB's play man-to-man defenses. Teams that predominently rush 3 at the pass rusher and have 8 men in coverage are straight up playing a zone defense. How many receivers on average go out for a pass on a single play call? 4 including TEs and RBs? If we were playing predominently man-to-man we would have been double covering all 4 receivers with 8 defenders.

What a ridiculous article. Maybe he watched all 250+ NFL games this year but that doesn't give him a clue when it comes to understanding what he's seeing.[/QUOTE]

Holy ****, what is up bro?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2987032]Holy ****, what is up bro?[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy,

Things are well and hope they are with you also. I've been posting over at the "other" Jets board the past few months. Lots of my favorite posters from here made the jump and I was really turned off with Ham's PM bullsh!t he pulled with EY. That was MAJORLY bush league.

I miss a lot of the posters here however; guys like you, Savage69, 32Green, Buzz, JW, WestCoastOff, Ven0m, and others but what are you gonna do? I read here from time to time, don't really have time to be active on two boards at once.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2987132]Hey buddy,

Things are well and hope they are with you also. I've been posting over at the "other" Jets board the past few months. Lots of my favorite posters from here made the jump and I was really turned off with Ham's PM bullsh!t he pulled with EY. That was MAJORLY bush league.

I miss a lot of the posters here however; guys like you, Savage69, 32Green, Buzz, JW, WestCoastOff, Ven0m, and others but what are you gonna do? I read here from time to time, don't really have time to be active on two boards at once.[/QUOTE]

Oh-oh. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=outeast;2986959]I still want to see Lowery at FS[/QUOTE]
    me 2, that would be very interesting... could be a perfect fit for him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2987132]Hey buddy,

I miss a lot of the posters here however; guys like you, Savage69, 32Green, Buzz, JW, WestCoastOff, Ven0m, and others but what are you gonna do? I read here from time to time, don't really have time to be active on two boards at once.[/QUOTE]
    w.e. - who needs drama on a message board? to me EY brought absolutely nothing to this board as far as football goes... but to each his own though

save the drama for your mama ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JMJ;2987025]This article lost ALL credibility with me when he said that Lowery was playing in the wrong system because the Jets played in a man-to-man style defense. Outside of 2-3 games (both Patriot games), all Mangini did was play zone!

What a ridiculous article. Maybe he watched all 250+ NFL games this year but that doesn't give him a clue when it comes to understanding what he's seeing.[/QUOTE]

What does that say for Lowery that Jets werte playing that much zone and he was still getting burnt. I think Loweery CB days are over with the Jets. He probably will be a safety in Rex Ryan Defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2987560]What does that say for Lowery that Jets werte playing that much zone and he was still getting burnt. I think Loweery CB days are over with the Jets. He probably will be a safety in Rex Ryan Defense.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

His number one attribute are his hands and his ball skills. Rex is going to bring HEAT at opposing QBs unlike Mangini who gave opposing QBs enough time in the pocket to read War and Peace.

Virtually any NFL CB can cover a WR for 3 seconds or less. Virtually no CB can cover an NFL-caliber WR for more then 5 seconds.

A guy like Lowery with great ball skills will benefit immensely from opposing QBs having to rush their throws due to pressure. We asked him (and all of our DBs) to do the impossible last year - cover an NFL WR being thrown the ball from a QB with no pressure in his face. It doesn't work that way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Lowery played alot of man coverage last season.

2. When he did, he got burnt. Part of that is being a rookie, part of that is being better in zone coverage.

3. This myth that Rex is going to blitz all out every play, and Mangini never did is getting f*cktarded. Selective memories will do that to you I guess. You'd swear the way some people talk about this team from last year that they did nothing well.

4. Why is it that people want to try Lowery at S? The dude has the potential to be our Asante Samuels. What's the reason anyone would even want to move him to safety?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corey Webster at #2 and Courtland Finnegan at #22 is a joke.