Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Ryans advice to Son Rex

Buddy Ryans advice to Son Rex

[QUOTE]Quote of the Week II
    [B]"Don't screw it up. That's my team.''[/B]

-- Former Jets assistant coach Buddy Ryan to his son, Rex, who was named the coach of the Jets last week.[/QUOTE]

I never knew Buddy Ryan had such strong feelings for the Jets. I mean i know he was a coach for us during SBIII and through the early 70s .
    WoW !!! Is this Karma or what?

advice

of course he luvs us man he got a ring with us and i hope rex wins it for us soon

[QUOTE=Polidore22;2987077]advice[/QUOTE]

Thats old school tough love advise.
    Some today would call it a threat.

How about this for good advice: don't devolve into a no class dirt bag that

(1) turns practice into all out war between the offense & defense,

(2) puts bounties on the opponents players,

(3)makes unneccessary incendiary press conference remarks about opponent's coaches,

&

(4) slugs coaches on your staff?

That would be useful advice. Because if Rex does any of the above, like his father, he will quickly sh*tcannned.

How come no one else around here isn't worried that the apple, seemingly, didn't fall far from the tree?

Jets Insider VIP
    Ima so th-scared...

All League
    [QUOTE=nyahay bus;2987085]How about this for good advice: don't devolve into a no class dirt bag that

(3)makes unneccessary incendiary press conference remarks about opponent's coaches,

&

That would be useful advice. Because if Rex does any of the above, like his father, he will quickly sh*tcannned.

How come no one else around here isn't worried that the apple, seemingly, didn't fall far from the tree?[/QUOTE]

Is it wrong that I like all of the above?

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;2987101]Is it wrong that I like all of the above?[/QUOTE]

+1

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Those are four admirable qualities

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2987082]Thats old school tough love advise.
    Some today would call it a threat.[/QUOTE]

thret

:D

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2987168]thret

:D[/QUOTE]

I'd advice you to be careful.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2987171]I'd advice you to be careful.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Be careful!

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;2987085]How about this for good advice: don't devolve into a no class dirt bag that

&

How come no one else around here isn't worried that the apple, seemingly, didn't fall far from the tree?[/QUOTE]

So?
    Old man Ryan turned that Philly team from a laughing stock to a pretty damn good team and quickly.

except for item 1, so what. i'm sure just about every other coach tries to motivate his players, and frankly, the style that the philly players play with has transcended buddy. they always play hard. as for slugging kevin gilbride of the "chuck and duck" fame, maybe he deserved it. as i recall, gilbrides offense lost a number of games and put buddy's defense in bad field positions. maybe buddy knew all too well the interaction between the offense and defense.

&

Rookie

&

Yep those are all the things i look for in my head coach:yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2987202]except for item 1, so what. i'm sure just about every other coach tries to motivate his players, and frankly, the style that the philly players play with has transcended buddy. they always play hard. as for slugging kevin gilbride of the "chuck and duck" fame, maybe he deserved it. as i recall, gilbrides offense lost a number of games and put buddy's defense in bad field positions. maybe buddy knew all too well the interaction between the offense and defense.[/QUOTE]

Right...it's not like he hit a woman...I would have loved to see Shotty deck Mangini for not going for it on 4th and goal from the 1 in Seattle...

&

Id love to see Ryan call Bellichek a scumbag at a press conference and then announce hes putting bounties on Brady, Welker and Moss.

&

I think Rex will be Buddy Light. But I do not want a drastic change from father to son. I want the Jets to play with a chip on their shoulder. No more read and react garbage on defense. No more 'play it safe' style that Herm and Mangini lived by.

[B][SIZE="4"]Its time to start hitting people in the mouth[/SIZE][/B]. :yes:

All Pro
    It's amazing how the Jets had such great defensive coaches on their staff when Weeb retired like Walt Micheals and Buddy Ryan, and went instead to Charlie Winner and then Lou Holtz.:rolleyes:....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=2009fatman;2987422]It's amazing how the Jets had such great defensive coaches on their staff when Weeb retired like Walt Micheals and Buddy Ryan, and went instead to Charlie Winner and then Lou Holtz.:rolleyes:....[/QUOTE]

Charlie Winner was Weebs son-in-law..:yes: BTW your forgot Chuck Nox and Clive Rush who was hired by the Pats as their HC after Supe 3..
    Last edited by Savage69; 01-26-2009 at 03:02 PM.