0 0%

Thread: The Real SB This Weekend: GSP v. Penn II

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Real SB This Weekend: GSP v. Penn II

Who ya got and how?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They've both had tough fights since they last squared off...

BJ fought Pulver and Sherk

St Pierre Hughes, Serra and Fitch...

All impressive wins for each...

St Pierre learned his lesson when he let BJ stand up and box him last time...

He'll put BJ on his back early. I don't see this one going past the first round...

St Pierre with a RNC, Armbar, Kimura...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    They've both had tough fights since they last squared off...

BJ fought Pulver and Sherk

St Pierre Hughes, Serra and Fitch...

All impressive wins for each...

St Pierre learned his lesson when he let BJ stand up and box him last time...

He'll put BJ on his back early. I don't see this one going past the first round...

St Pierre with a RNC, Armbar, Kimura...

WOW!!!!!! St. pierre subbing B.J,and in the 1st round no less. Well i don't think Georges bjj is even close to B.J's to pull off a sub when he is fresh but i guess anything can happen.
    I'm saying B.J by tko early 4th, if it goes past that i think Georges might be able to pull out a decision. He couldn't finish Fitch and i think B.J is much better at everything except wrestling then Fitch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1021` View Post
    WOW!!!!!! St. pierre subbing B.J,and in the 1st round no less. Well i don't think Georges bjj is even close to B.J's to pull off a sub when he is fresh but i guess anything can happen.
    I'm saying B.J by tko early 4th, if it goes past that i think Georges might be able to pull out a decision. He couldn't finish Fitch and i think B.J is much better at everything except wrestling then Fitch.
    Just looking back on the first fight, BJ tired himself out in the first round...

I just think he's going to assume the same game plan and come out firing. Once St Pierre puts him on his back BJ will just be biding time...

I just think Penn is out matched in all facets of this fight (although he is a great striker)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't have been more wrong on how the fight ended...

However, GSP has grown to be one of the best fighters I've ever watched in the sport...

Penn had to quit, he knew there was nothing he could do but get pounded on in round 5...

Props to Rush. He dominated the entire fight.

I'm trying to think back on if he even landed a punch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wants to know the whole story behind bj penn pick up the renzo gracie legacy dvd on th internet for $14 Its a sick dvd. In any event bj turned his back on the Gracie family who trained him. Renzo trained GSP for the first match here in the city. BJs head trainer wanted him to stand andtrade with bj, renzo told him not to. They agreed that whatever happened in round one that gsp would follow renzo's game plan in round 2 and 3 and gsp dominated bj. Since that time GSP has trained with Gracie Barra in Brazil and got his black belt. I had no doubts that he would dominate bj last nigght