Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Rumor Mill & Trade Deadline Deals Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The Official Rumor Mill & Trade Deadline Deals Thread

First rumor of the new year:

Sean Avery may return to the Rangers.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=266047&l...=headlines_nhl

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't stand the guy, but from a hockey point of view, I don't really know what to think about it right now.

How do you feel about that, Jordy? I have a feeling Ranger fans are going to be divided with this move. Some will love it, some will hate it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Can't stand the guy, but from a hockey point of view, I don't really know what to think about it right now.

How do you feel about that, Jordy? I have a feeling Ranger fans are going to be divided with this move. Some will love it, some will hate it.
    If you would have asked me that question in October/November I would have said, no thank you, we don't need this guy's antics.

However, times have changed. The Rangers are a bit soft and have lost their edge. I think Avery would bring his special blend of edginess and talent to a team that sorely needs a shot of adrenaline. Avery has been going to therapy and from all accounts appears to have turned a corner personally. That to me is the biggest issue. How would the players respond to him being in the lockerroom? If Avery can come in and be a good teammate and not be an alienating presence, I am all for it. I just wouldn't want him to come back and cause any kind of dissent in the room. That could backfire and result in a freefall out of the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you would have asked me that question in October/November I would have said, no thank you, we don't need this guy's antics.

However, times have changed. The Rangers are a bit soft and have lost their edge. I think Avery would bring his special blend of edginess and talent to a team that sorely needs a shot of adrenaline. Avery has been going to therapy and from all accounts appears to have turned a corner personally. That to me is the biggest issue. How would the players respond to him being in the lockerroom? If Avery can come in and be a good teammate and not be an alienating presence, I am all for it. I just wouldn't want him to come back and cause any kind of dissent in the room. That could backfire and result in a freefall out of the playoffs.
    Well, it is sorta the same team from last season, with some new people (Redden, Zherdev etc etc.) If Avery we're to come back, I'd think he'd fit right in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was so glad he left but they really need him at this point and at a 1.9 cap hit, he would be under valued for what he does. He is a talented top 6 winger with good hands and he passes the puck well. Plus the team is stagnant at this point and he is totally worth the risk...

ps i hate wade redden.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the feeling I got as well, trying to view from an unbiased perspective. He could possibly be the spark they sorely need. But, I do also think it's a high risk, high reward type move. He could be a jolt that makes them a playoff threat, or he could cause turmoil and the team could drop out of the playoff race. It will be very interesting to see.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Islanders' Trade

Islanders trade Comrie and Campoli to Sens for McAmmond and a 1st round pick.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267958&l...s=topStory_nhl

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very very pleased to see Comrie back, I really hated to see him leave the first time.. Hopefully we can renegotiate a contract with him this time around though (assuming he plays up to par with his former self). Campoli is exactly what Ottawa is lacking on the back-end, Lee himself can not be the only puckmover/PP QB.

At the expense of basically a 2nd rd. pick and a player I've been saying is a waste of a roster spot for a while now. NYI gets an extra future prospect out of it to load up some more young guys. Win-win methinks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well at 1st i was like YAY the islanders get ottawas 1st round pick, then i was like NO bcause i realized it was San Jose's 1st rounder....i dunno if i like them giving up Campoli he was a good D man yes oft injured but he makes what 600K? i like the idea of getting rid of comrie he really didnt fit in with this team, he should rejuvinate himself in Ottawa..... i give this trade a thumbs down just because we lost campoli.... Steel what can we expect from Mcammond?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson80 View Post
    Well at 1st i was like YAY the islanders get ottawas 1st round pick, then i was like NO bcause i realized it was San Jose's 1st rounder....i dunno if i like them giving up Campoli he was a good D man yes oft injured but he makes what 600K? i like the idea of getting rid of comrie he really didnt fit in with this team, he should rejuvinate himself in Ottawa..... i give this trade a thumbs down just because we lost campoli.... Steel what can we expect from Mcammond?
    You're getting a guy who's no more than a 3rd liner. And he is in his walk year so he is likely to be gone after this season. Will be 36 in June. IMO, the 1st round pick was the key to the deal for the Islanders. However, I'm not sure giving up Comrie and Campoli for what will likely be a very low 1st round pick will be worth it. I think the Islanders could have gotten more if they waited to closer to the deadline. I'm not convinced that Garth Snow is the guy you want behind the wheel of a rebuilding team.
    Last edited by Jordy; 02-21-2009 at 02:41 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're getting a guy who's no more than a 3rd liner. And he is in his walk year so he is likely to be gone after this season. Will be 36 in June.
    And he can ride his bike real fast.

Deano's a pretty okay guy, excellent playoff guy (not like that's incentive for you this year) he's fast as ****, plays his heart out every game. Great on the PK.

His point production will never be anything impressive though, and he just hasn't been the same since Pronger introduced his elbow to Deanos face. Chances are that he walks, though.

Gunna be honest with you, I wont miss him... but...

Anonymous said...
    two players that have missed many games this season because of injuries for dean that has played his heart out day in and day out + 1st round pick...LOL...Can you say BS...again we dont know what we are doing!!!
    Anonymous said...
    i think this was a terrible trade...Murray should be fired right now!!
    nobody coming to Ottawa is worth a first rounder. they could have got a much better player near the deadline for a first rounder. That first rounder could have got a real defensemen.
    i personally liked dean mccammond. i found he worked really hard and well with donovan. will miss that guy
    P.S. Fire murray!
    FIRE MURRAY said...
    McAmmond was one of a handful of players that gave his all every bloody game, and now this moron trades him?! Deano was amazing in the Cup run, more so than Comrie, until Pronger put a dent in his head.

Dean is what this team needs!!

Comrie (the heir to The Brick family fortune) didn't want to sign in Ottawa on the cheap so he left. He made his bed and shat in it. How the hell do you look at yourself in the mirror Murray knowing that you traded away a true class act in McAmmond for a sissy-***** premadonna who didn't have time to wait for you to make him an offer?!?!!

Total crap. I'm pissed.

Murray you are a senile old man and the old age home is waiting for you.

I AM OFFICIALLY ON THE FIRE THAT F\/CKER MURRAY BANDWAGON!!!!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
    Well, there's quite a bit of hateful comments in the trade section, haha. That should give you the slight idea of just how liked he is though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Isles got the shaft on that one. Pick up a really old guy and a late first round pick for Campoli (young kid, pretty good offensive D man, probably would have fit good with the Isles youth movement) and Comrie.

I don't get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Devils Trade

Devils acquire D Niclas Havelid from Thrashers in exchange for Anssi Salmela.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solid trade for the Devs, but I wouldn't be shocked if Lou pulls the trigger on another deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trades are starting to trickle in:

Ottawa trades Antoine Vermette to Columbus for Pascal Leclaire and a 2nd round pick.

Calgary acquires Jordan Leopold from Colorado in exchange for Lawrence Nycholat, Ryan Wilson and a draft pick.

The Pansies get Andy Wozniewski from St. Louis for Danny Richmond.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Devils also received F Myles Stoesz in this deal.

I have no idea who he is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hockey?

Well I guess it could be worse...........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80 View Post
    Hockey?

Well I guess it could be worse...........
    This thread was created when there was a separate forum for NHL and NBA.

Sooth seriously needs to put that back. This is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo acquires Mikael Tellqvist from Phoenix for a 4th round pick.

Totonto picks up Martin Gerber off waivers from Ottawa.

Dallas picks up Brendan Morrison off waivers from Anaheim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calgary acquires Olli Jokinen from Phoenix for Matthew Lombardi, Brandon Prust and a 1st round pick (?)...need to verify this (yup, 1st round pick...wow). This is why the Rangers miss Donnie Maloney.

Edit: Looks like Calgary also got a 3rd round pick back from Phoenix.

Anaheim acquires Petteri Nokelainen from Boston for Steve Montador.
    Last edited by Jordy; 03-04-2009 at 01:03 PM.