Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Eastbound and Down on HBO

OT: Eastbound and Down on HBO

anyone catch the 1st episode? it was really funny. about an ex ballplayer who is broke and broken down and becomes a gym teacher in home town. check it out

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Finally watched the season finale last night on tivo. Funny friggin show. When's Curb coming back?

F**k you Kenny!

Jets Insider VIP
    In before teh Hamper

You're ****ing out!

Loved the show, plus finally getting to see Aprils cans during the season finale...made it all worth it. Kenny F***ing Powers!

All League
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3068176]Finally watched the season finale last night on tivo. Funny friggin show. When's Curb coming back?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was the series finale. HBO doesnt want to do anymore seasons. It was a good show too! April is just so sexy! I don't know what it is about her...

[IMG]http://www.poptower.com/images/db/6221/420/300/katy-mixon.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3068176]Finally watched the season finale last night on tivo. Funny friggin show. [B]When's Curb coming back?[/B][/QUOTE]

I've been wondering for a while when Curb is coming back. This is the latest I've read.

[url]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/curb-your-enthusiasm/curb-your-enthusiasm-returning-21179.aspx[/url]

Veteran
    Very funny show, but did it bother anyone else that Kenny Powers throws like girl?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3068305]I'm pretty sure that was the series finale. HBO doesnt want to do anymore seasons. It was a good show too! April is just so sexy! I don't know what it is about her...

[IMG]http://www.poptower.com/images/db/6221/420/300/katy-mixon.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Um, maybe it's her bombs. :cool:

This show is hilarious.

That sucks if that was the last show ever.

Great way to end the season/show though.

All Pro
    They are supposedly doing an 8 episode second season

listen you beautiful ***** im about to **** you with some truth

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Eastbound & Down to get a second season?

Danny McBride as Kenny Powers
    Wed, 25 Mar 2009 5:52p.m.

Cult comedy series Eastbound & Down came to the end of its first series on HBO in the US on Sunday, leaving an army of fans disappointed.

The show, created by the team behind cult comedy film The Foot Fist Way, stars Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder actor Danny McBride as Kenny Powers, a former professional baseball pitcher who has fallen from grace.

Will Ferrell guest stars in show and is one of its executive producers.

Internet buzz followed the show from the time it started with many forums and blogs proclaiming fondness for its foul-mouthed, drug abusing main character.

The season ran for only six episodes and the show has not officially been confirmed for a second season yet.

However, movie news website chud.com asked director Jody Hill if a second season was likely. "We're thinking about it," Hill replied. "We're trying to sort out all the details right. We definitely don't want to go for syndication or anything like that, and we know the ending we want to go for. But it could end right here, so we're debating it. Do we keep it as one season that we're proud of or do we go for one more?"

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-RKvCPnbE[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9j4QnVK-s&NR=1[/url]

8 in arow

Jets Insider VIP
    Best show ever

greta show

Jets Insider VIP
    I didn't really like it at first, but it definitely grew on me.

And yeah, that April chick was smoking, especially for a larger built chick.

Show grew on me too, very funny stuff. I can't help but think the whole thing was loosely based on that dumb shyt John Rocker.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=flashlight1;3068531]Um, maybe it's her bombs. :cool:

This show is hilarious.

That sucks if that was the last show ever.

Great way to end the season/show though.[/QUOTE]

Nice final episode as she unleashed those puppies after flaunting them in all of the earlier episodes. Gotta admit, I rewinded the DVR a few times. :yes:

Great show and I'm praying that they bring it back for another season.

However, I hate to disappoint you guy, but I think the finale used stunt boobies

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Kenny Powers fans rejoice!

[QUOTE][B]Reuters Newswire[/B]

"Eastbound & Down" will return to HBO
    Wed Apr 8, 2009 11:13pm EDT
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - HBO has renewed the comedy series "Eastbound & Down" for a second season. Production on the new episodes will begin this year for a 2010 premiere.

"Eastbound" stars Danny McBride as Kenny Powers, a star pitcher whose self-destructive behavior knocked him out of the major leagues. He returned home to North Carolina to teach gym at the middle school he once attended, but eventually scored another big-league job offer.

The series, executive produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, had a slow start, drawing 671,000 viewers in its February 15 premiere.

But like Alan Ball's vampire drama "True Blood" last year, it grew steadily throughout its six-episode run, peaking at 950,000 viewers on March 15, a day after the telecast of Ferrell's "You're Welcome America" HBO special, and closing its freshman season with 904,000 viewers March 22. The series ended 35 percent higher in the ratings than where it started.

(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)[/QUOTE]