Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Acquire Larry Hughers Dump Jerome James, T. Thomas and Roberson

Knicks Acquire Larry Hughers Dump Jerome James, T. Thomas and Roberson

The Bulls traded Larry Hughes to the Knicks for ex-Bull Tim Thomas, seldom-used big man Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2809280.story

Jerome James, the worthless piece of crap, is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Bulls traded Larry Hughes to the Knicks for ex-Bull Tim Thomas, seldom-used big man Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2809280.story

Jerome James, the worthless piece of crap, is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD

Veteran

Malik Rose is next

ESPN.com is reporting that the Knicks have traded Malik Rose's expiring contract to Oklahoma City for Chris Wilcox and his expiring deal.
    Wilcox will probably get nice run for the undersized Knicks, although this trade is not yet official, and won't be until a physical is passed by both players. Wilcox should be a decent source of double-doubles, but doesn't block shots.

Veteran
    The important question nowadays. Does anyone know Hughes' cap #?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    He'll be off the books by 2010. That's all I know.

Any one else hear the rumor of Nate and Jeffries going to Sacramento for Kenny Thomas? They just said it on the ESPN2 trade deadline special. Just a rumor right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Saw the same thing..

I would be so glad to get rid of Jeffries.

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Saw the same thing..

I would be so glad to get rid of Jeffries.
    It would be sad to see Nate go, but the reality is that he will most likely not be here after this year anyway. And it would be AWESOME to get rid of Jeffries. Him and Curry are the 2 hardest guys to trade on the team.

Never mind.

Marc Stein just reported that the Knicks decided NOT to trade Nate and Jeffries to the Kings.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    Hughes makes $12.8 mil this season and then $13.655 mil next season. His contract comes off the books by Lebron James time. Hughes and Wilcox make the Knicks better in the meantime until they go after Lebron in Summer 2010.

I would be pretty upset if they traded Nate. He showed last night just how valuable he is to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RjetsR View Post
    I would be pretty upset if they traded Nate. He showed last night just how valuable he is to the team.
    That is the downside of the trade, but it's important to realize that the Knicks will most likely keep Lee rather than Nate this off-season. Chances are we don't see him in a Knicks uniform next season anyway. Factor in how important it is to get Jeffries of the books and I'm slightly disappointed. That being said, I do still believe it was a good day for the Knicks and I'm very happy with the trades that did indeed happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    It would be sad to see Nate go, but the reality is that he will most likely not be here after this year anyway. And it would be AWESOME to get rid of Jeffries. Him and Curry are the 2 hardest guys to trade on the team.
    Knicks will probably be able to get rid of Jeffries by February 2010. He'll be a much more attractive contract to acquire by Feb 2010 because the last year of his deal is a player option for the 2010/2011 season. Patience is the key with moving Jeffries.

As for fatboy, it will take a miracle to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Knicks will probably be able to get rid of Jeffries by February 2010. He'll be a much more attractive contract to acquire by Feb 2010 because the last year of his deal is a player option for the 2010/2011 season. Patience is the key with moving Jeffries.

I'm definitely more optimistic about the chances of moving Jeffries as opposed to fat ass Curry. The chance of being able to move him now is just appealing. You are right though, patience is key.

Jets Insider VIP
    Donny Walsh was the best acquisition this team has made since the Ernie Grunfeld era.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post

And a couple of cranes.

All League
    I can't tell you guys how bad I wanted that fat a$$ and his contract gone, but not at the expense of Nate...Thanks god the Knicks finally didn't make a stupid decision.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    I can't tell you guys how bad I wanted that fat a$$ and his contract gone, but not at the expense of Nate...Thanks god the Knicks finally didn't make a stupid decision.
    Jeffries would have been the one shipped out with Nate, not Curry. If the Kings were willing to take Curry packaged with Nate, I guarantee you that Nate would be a Sacramento King right now.

All League
    I would have been down for Curry + Nate, or JJ + Nate.

Hopefully we can dump those two losers without sacrificing Lee.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And a couple of cranes.
    lol