Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks get Wilcox for Rose and Cash

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks get Wilcox for Rose and Cash

I love this move.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I love this move.
    Also got Larry Hughes...

Thursday, 2:15 p.m.: Knicks complete two deals
    From SI.com's Chris Mannix: The Knicks have made two trades, a league source confirmed. New York is acquiring Larry Hughes from the Bulls for Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson. In the other deal, the Knicks are receiving Chris Wilcox from the Thunder for Malik Rose and cash. Wilcox was part of the Tyson Chandler deal that was rescinded Wednesday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    great moves by the Knicks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if I can fill the void Jerome James is leaving on the Knicks. I'll even take half the money he made!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great move.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    I wonder if I can fill the void Jerome James is leaving on the Knicks. I'll even take half the money he made!
    Stephen A. Smith liked the Jerome James signing when it happened in 2005. Heard him say it on the radio. What a horrific move.

Nice job getting Wilcox.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Stephen A. Smith liked the Jerome James signing when it happened in 2005. Heard him say it on the radio. What a horrific move.

Nice job getting Wilcox.
    I always liked Wilcox in college at Maryland. He's definitely not an All-star caliber player, but I think he can be a solid contributor while he's here. He hasn't had a good year with a lousy, Thunder team, but he averaged around 13-14 points/game and 7-8 boards/game in his 3 prior years with the Thunder (formerly the Sonics). Those years he saw more substantial playing time as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I always liked Wilcox in college at Maryland. He's definitely not an All-star caliber player, but I think he can be a solid contributor while he's here. He hasn't had a good year with a lousy, Thunder team, but he averaged around 13-14 points/game and 7-8 boards/game in his 3 prior years with the Thunder (formerly the Sonics). Those years he saw more substantial playing time as well.
    Wilcox is a decent role player - unlike Malik Rose who sucks at everything. It's a solid move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nate Traded??

Just heard from someone with intimate knowledge of the situation that the Knicks will send Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries to the Sacramento Kings for Kenny Thomas.

The trade shed Jeffries' $6.8 million salary off the 2010-11 payroll, but it loses one of the Knicks' most popular players. Robinson will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Thomas' contract expires in 2010. It is yet another multiple-for-one trade, which opens up yet another roster spot and adds yet another expiring contract.

Donnie the Dealer has been busy today.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba...he_traded.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malik's only skill was coming in and then fouling everybody he defended.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nate Traded??

Just heard from someone with intimate knowledge of the situation that the Knicks will send Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries to the Sacramento Kings for Kenny Thomas.

The trade shed Jeffries' $6.8 million salary off the 2010-11 payroll, but it loses one of the Knicks' most popular players. Robinson will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Thomas' contract expires in 2010. It is yet another multiple-for-one trade, which opens up yet another roster spot and adds yet another expiring contract.

Donnie the Dealer has been busy today.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ba...he_traded.html
    Marc Stein reported the trade is off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marc Stein reported the trade is off.
    OK - my bad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donnie Walsh is the ****ing man. in less than 1 season he has gutted the roster, dealing away players most people thought "untradeable" like Randolph and Big Snacks, while keeping all our picks and young players.

now the Knicks are in a great spot to make a playoff run and still have enough cap room in 2010 to make a run at a top-flight FA.

kudos to Mike D'Antoni as well, for having as many wins as last year with 30 games left on the schedule, and doing that despite playing without last year's "stars".

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Moves By Donnie today. Hughes & Wilcox will definetly help for the playoff run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Donnie Walsh is the ****ing man. in less than 1 season he has gutted the roster, dealing away players most people thought "untradeable" like Randolph and Big Snacks, while keeping all our picks and young players.

now the Knicks are in a great spot to make a playoff run and still have enough cap room in 2010 to make a run at a top-flight FA.

kudos to Mike D'Antoni as well, for having as many wins as last year with 30 games left on the schedule, and doing that despite playing without last year's "stars".
    Couldn't have summarized it any better myself. It's so refreshing to finally know that there's finally hope for us Knicks fans that have been suffering for the last decade. It's amazing to look back a year ago and see the absolute cap hell we were in and that there wasn't even a light at the end of the tunnel with ****ing Isiah running things. What a job by Walsh trading away so many of these hindering contracts and great job by D'Antoni with the way he's worked with what he has. Well, I guess I just repeated everything you typed anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question is, who do the Knicks sign to fill the 2 remaining spots on the roster? I wonder if they bring up Patrick Ewing Jr. for some more energy off the bench.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wish we could of unloaded curry.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    how much is our cap now and when does curry come off

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't have summarized it any better myself. It's so refreshing to finally know that there's finally hope for us Knicks fans that have been suffering for the last decade. It's amazing to look back a year ago and see the absolute cap hell we were in and that there wasn't even a light at the end of the tunnel with ****ing Isiah running things. What a job by Walsh trading away so many of these hindering contracts and great job by D'Antoni with the way he's worked with what he has. Well, I guess I just repeated everything you typed anyway.
    lol, it's all good man

Knicks fans haven't had much reason to celebrate lately, it's so great to finally have people in the front office who know what the hell they're doing

it's gonna be a tough summer for Walsh with Lee and Nate as RFA, but i have full faith that he's gonna handle it well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    how much is our cap now and when does curry come off
    Curry doesn't come off the books until after the 2010 season unfortunately. Not a chance in hell Walsh could trade him right now anyway. We just have to hope he can get in good enough shape to stay on the floor consistently in the next year and a half. Then maybe that will be enough for Walsh to somehow put together a trade with some poor GM to finally dump him.