View Poll Results: Cheating?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriots*

42 71.19%
  • Steroids in MLB

17 28.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Cheating is More Despicable, Patriots* in the NFL or Steroids in MLB?

Which Cheating is More Despicable, Patriots* in the NFL or Steroids in MLB?

Poll coming.

Banned
    Pats. Because at least half the players in MLB are on steroids. Only one team was doing what the Pats were doing.

Bewildered Beast
    Not even close, and Vincenzo nails it.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3012862]Pats. Because at least ALL the players in MLB are on steroids. Only one team was doing what the Pats were doing.[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. An MLB payday comes from juicing. It starts in HS.

Banned
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3012862]Pats. Because at least half the players in MLB are on steroids. [B]Only one team was doing what the Pats were doing[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yea, no other team in the NFL has ever stole signals before. :rolleyes:

Get your head out of the sand.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3012876]Yea, no other team in the NFL has ever stole signals before. :rolleyes:

Get your head out of the sand.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That fish hit the line quick!

:fishing2:

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3012876]Yea, no other team in the NFL has ever stole signals before. :rolleyes:

Get your head out of the sand.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.boston.com/yourlife/family/blog/baby-crying%20jpg.jpg[/IMG]

By far and without a doubt in my mind: Performance enhancers in MLB is the worse of the two.

1st, it is/was so widespread, affecting every team across the board. Basically, it has ruined the sport on the professional level, rendered the once treasured stats meaningless and caused public disdain that will not be easily overcome. The Pats*, on the other hand, manipulated the rules to get an unfair advantage and were punished by the league (forfeiture of 1st round pick + team's $250,000 fine + Belicheat's $500,000 fine). The league has gotten over it (at least I have) and moved on. Most people realize that the Patriots were an excellent team that probably would have won most, if not all 3, of those championships anyway. Belichick just put his own despicable brand of contempt on those rings and disgraced the league by bending the rules in his favor. It's over now. With baseball, however, it will take decades to recover, IMO.

Pats, because they appeared flawless -- the best team of the decade, led by the stoic coach and the pretty boy QB. The team called the "Patriots" who won the Super Bowl after 9/11 and kept on winning.

With the steroid issue, you can honestly chalk it up to retarded baseball players. I mean, seriously, A-Rod might be one of the dumbest professional athletes in all of sports. What the Patriots did was straight-up devious.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3012902]

The league has gotten over it (at least I have) and moved on.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad 98% of you Jets fans colleagues have not.

All League
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life;3012859]Poll coming.[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3012909]Too bad 98% of you Jets fans colleagues have not.[/QUOTE]

Depends how we define "gotten over it". I'm ready to move on. I accept the fact that the Patriots cheated and now, the NFL is again a level playing field. I think what upsets most Jets fans is that Pats fans won't acknowledge the cheating and instead elect to dismiss or at least excuse it. I couldn't care less what Pats fans think. If youze guyz want to believe that the franchise didn't cheat, then be my guest. Who am I to disturb your utopia? :D

With baseball, the widespread cheating has just ruined the game over the past 10-15 years. My older son grew up admiring slugs like McGuire and Sosa and now he doesn't know what to think and has lost interest. That, my friends, is an insurmountable obstacle for major league baseball to overcome and with more than one generation of fans. The damage is far more far-reaching than the Pats* cheating ways.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3012909]

The league has gotten over it (at least I have) and moved on.

Too bad 98% of you Jets fans colleagues have not.[/QUOTE]

That is so far from the truth and you know it.

That stain is INDELIBLE and will be in the first line on BB's bust in Canton.

The "league" TRIED to get over it by destroying as much of the evidence as quickly as they could.

But FANS of the league across the nation will NEVER forget.

Sorry. Fail.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3012935]That is so far from the truth and you know it.

That stain is INDELIBLE and will be in the first line on BB's bust in Canton.

The "league" TRIED to get over it by destroying as much of the evidence as quickly as they could.

But FANS of the league across the nation will NEVER forget.

Sorry. Fail.[/QUOTE]

But with baseball, I think the sport will take decades to recover and replace the thousands of ex-fans who have abandoned their love of the game. The damage is Draconian. I don't see the Pats*' cheating behaviors as having the same sort of damage. The issue in this thread, at least for me, is which sport has suffered the gravest damage? In my mind, there is no comparison.

The Pats, because they're still doing it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3012952]But with baseball, I think the sport will take decades to recover and replace the thousands of ex-fans who have abandoned their love of the game. The damage is Draconian. I don't see the Pats*' cheating behaviors as having the same sort of damage. The issue in this thread, at least for me, is which sport has suffered the gravest damage? In my mind, there is no comparison.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, the steroids in baseball are MUCH worse, much more widespread.

I was just taking issue with Tx's myopic view of your argument about how the league has gotten over the Pats cheating.

Football fans will ALWAYS view the Belli era as one stained by cheating.

Are we still as outraged? No, becuase it's in the past. But it can't ever be undone with the passage of time.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3012959]I agree with you, the steroids in baseball are MUCH worse, much more widespread.

I was just taking issue with Tx's myopic view of your argument about how the league has gotten over the Pats cheating.

Football fans will ALWAYS view the Belli era as one stained by cheating.

Are we still as outraged? No, becuase it's in the past. But it can't ever be undone with the passage of time.[/QUOTE]

They are about the same. They both put asterisks for life next to your name. Just as Bonds'/A-Rod wasn't the only cheater. Neither is Belichick. And Bonds'/A-Rod will forever be labeled a cheater. So will Belichick.

For some reason, people think steroids is an MLB issue. Newsflash: The NFL has a HUGE problem with steroids as well. For some reason, the media just doesn't care about steroids in the NFL. 4 game suspension, and never mentioned again is a joke.

The Patriots had two CAPTAINS on their team CAUGHT FOR PURCHASING STEROIDS. And how often do you spend hundreds of bucks on products and never use them? They OBVIOUSLY both were users. Rodney didn't even think it was a big issue, considering he used his REAL NAME AND REAL ADDRESS FOR THE PURCHASE! Which would lead one to believe that a lot of people also don't take it seriously in the NFL, and thus probably isn't an isolated incident.

So next time you say Steroids in the MLB. Stop yourself. It's Steroids in professional sports that is the big issue. The MLB isn't alone.

Pats fans will never admit their team's championships are tarnished. They'll argue that everyone steals signals, etc... Remember we only know what they were caught doing, so there's no telling all the stuff they were doing. Would you put it past them to bug the visitor's locker room at Gillette? I wouldn't.

And now we know why Rodney Harrison was the dirtiest player in recent history; juiced up on HGH/Roids. Anyone remember a game where he DIDN'T have a personal foul called/ignored?

IMO Baseball is worse though. All records broken during this era are now suspect and may need to be vacated if the player tested positive EVER.
    Last edited by Charlie Don't Surf; 02-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Pats, but no one cares any more about this. Let's win a damn Super Bowl here in NY. Hopefully Ryan isn't a pussbag like Mangini and we can get it done :yes:

There isn't an option for "Neither is that despicable".

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3012862]Pats. Because at least half the players in MLB are on steroids. Only one team was doing what the Pats were doing.[/QUOTE]

That is precisely the reason I think MLB is far worse.