Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad is NBA allstar weekend?

How bad is NBA allstar weekend?

The NBA is bad enough...Then the negatives are exacerbated 10 fold during Allstar weekend. It is unwatchable!!

Thank God for college BB because the NBA s**ks!!!!

agree 100%...I watched the "skills competition" on sat. night, & it was a joke. All the players were lazy & couldn't have looked less interested. I'll take the NHL over the NBA, & that's saying alot. The dunk contest is un-watchable.

Hall Of Fame
    All basketball sucks - College is a bunch of future aholes

I used to be a huge Knicks fan back in the Starks/Ewings days, now I cant even stomach to watch a basketball game. Is it necc. to play hiphop music while the teams are going down the court with the basketball?

[QUOTE=mmckiernan;3008485]All basketball sucks - College is a bunch of future aholes[/QUOTE]

Enjoy them while they're not getting paid.

The skills competition sucked, no one tried. Nate Robinson was fun to watch, but most of the dunks don't look that impressive overall. Dwight should spend some more time on a creative dunk then planning out the phone booth and cape.

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;3008491]Enjoy them while they're not getting paid.

The skills competition sucked, no one tried. Nate Robinson was fun to watch, but most of the dunks don't look that impressive overall. [B]Dwight should spend some more time on a creative dunk then planning out the phone booth and cape.[/B][/QUOTE]

That was retarded... the guy is almost 7 feet tall, how hard is it to dunk on a 12 foot rim?

Jets Insider VIP
    Look on the bright side,

Pitt-Uconn should be a great game tonight.

I can only watch basketball when it comes playoffs time. Even then I will usually only watch certain games.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3008496]That was retarded... the guy is almost 7 feet tall, how hard is it to dunk on a 12 foot rim?[/QUOTE]

See the other thread, apparently it is very hard but he just makes it look easy...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[QUOTE=pauliec;3008496]That was retarded... the guy is almost 7 feet tall, how hard is it to dunk on a 12 foot rim?[/QUOTE]
    And he made it look easy (to his credit), but that makes it look boring to the average fan. I think these guys are just out of ideas at this point. I mean, Robinson at 5'7 getting that high was very impressive, but how many times have you seen someone dunk over another guy.

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;3008503]And he made it look easy (to his credit), but that makes it look boring to the average fan. I think these guys are just out of ideas at this point. I mean, Robinson at 5'7 getting that high was very impressive, but how many times have you seen someone dunk over another guy.[/QUOTE]

It def seems like they are running out of ideas but they gotta be able to think of something. Howard is a beast and should be able to do some ridiculous stuff. Hell if Vince Carter can think of putting his arm inside the hoop then they should be able to think of something.

With that being said..Lebron needs to get in the dunk contest.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    i didnt bother watching any of the all star activities. i prefer college basketball over the pros. i only watch the pros during playoffs and then if my team isnt playing i dont really care about watching it then.

All League
    The NBA is trying everything to clean itseslf up to make a "comeback". I think it's been somewhat successful. Let alone most festivities sucked this break, teams are playing a lot more team ball and focused on winning in the regular season, not collecting a paycheck.

None of you seem interested because we haven't had a winner/contender in the metropolitan area in quite some time.

If they actually "played" Basketball and not street ball. They take four steps into a dunk or layup, they palm the ball on every dribble, etc. It's a bunch of garbage. Give me 80's B-ball again, please!!!

You guys are all racist.

Undrafted Free Agent
    There's a lot of good ball out on the MSG Vault.

did you see shaq's entrance when he was annouced? it was comical they would let him do that

This is the JETS FOOTBALL board if you go to BASKETBALL boards they will say the same about FOOTBALL it's all a matter of preference. I love both sports if you don't like something does it really need a thread. What do you think BASKETBALL fans would say about the pro bowl that is absolutely unwatchable to each his own. Good grief :rolleyes:

maybe it's a cultural thing but i'm pretty tired of seeing all of these with tattoos all over. anyone see iverson lately? i mean we're talking queequeq here. i think it all comes down to who these kids, when they're 10-14, aspire to be when they grow up. i remeber a comparison made about 10 years ago about a basketball player who lands in the pros versus a kid who goes to college and gets an mba. basically the basketball player is through at age 30 or so while the mba guy is hitting his stride. what the basketball player earned during his career is more than made up by the mba guy over his career. not to say that the basketball player can't go back to school and become an mba only that one career has staying power and the other doesn't.

another point is that i remember about 10-15 years ago there was an amatuer tourney i believe in ny. i remember some of the plpayers being interviewed and basically stating that the 100k+ 1st place prize money was chump change. i don't know about anyone else but at no time during my life so far would i consider 100k to be chump change.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3008626]maybe it's a cultural thing but i'm pretty tired of seeing all of these with tattoos all over. anyone see iverson lately? i mean we're talking queequeq here. i think it all comes down to who these kids, when they're 10-14, aspire to be when they grow up. i remeber a comparison made about 10 years ago about a basketball player who lands in the pros versus a kid who goes to college and gets an mba. basically the basketball player is through at age 30 or so while the mba guy is hitting his stride. what the basketball player earned during his career is more than made up by the mba guy over his career. not to say that the basketball player can't go back to school and become an mba only that one career has staying power and the other doesn't.

another point is that i remember about 10-15 years ago there was an amatuer tourney i believe in ny. i remember some of the plpayers being interviewed and basically stating that the 100k+ 1st place prize money was chump change. i don't know about anyone else but at no time during my life so far would i consider 100k to be chump change.[/QUOTE]

A cultural thing? lol its funny to me that people are bothered by tattoos. So what if they have them? Iverson wears that sleeve on his arm just for that reason of covering them up. But yea, who cares?

100k is chump change to these guys, especially the superstars of the league or any professional athlete.