Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: How many here stopped going for their dream?

JetsInsider.com Legend

OT: How many here stopped going for their dream?

I don't know, for a while now I have been looking at things I know I can ONLY have if I become successful, and start making millions. I saw a show where these guys had their own private plane community, each member a multimillionaire. I was watching the BBC tv show 5th gear where they took a lotter winner exotic car shopping.. I wondered, can I ever be like these people? Is it possible that my dreams can become a reality? Of course we all dream and when we wake up, and realize we are just dreaming.. it kinda blows. Has anyone here ever tried going for what they dreamed of, but stopped due to any reason? I REALLY hope I reach it, I don't want to give up.

This was random.. but I've been thinking of it the last few days. I guess having a dream and achieving it has different standards. Many people on this board have probably archived their dream, a house, family, etc..

Who here HAS reached their goal?

your life is what you make of it. there are opportunties for everybody out there no matter your situation.my uncle started out in my grandmas garage designing medical equipment in the 70s. today he has multi-million dollar deals with the armys of the US and many foriegn countrys. he has his own jet, owns 3 large factories, basically vacations weekly and does not need to work another day in his life. he worked his tail off to be were he is at today, got to give people like that credit.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3014044]

Who here HAS reached their goal?[/QUOTE]

Me.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jagr68;3014047]your life is what you make of it. there are opportunties for everybody out there no matter your situation.my uncle started out in my grandmas garage designing medical equipment in the 70s. today he has multi-million dollar deals with the armys of the US and many foriegn countrys. he has his own jet, owns 3 large factories, basically vacations weekly and does not need to work another day in his life. he worked his tail off to be were he is at today, got to give people like that credit.[/QUOTE]
    That's awesome. Yeah, I mean we all have dreams and stuff, but it's so hard to get there.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3014048]Me.

SAR I[/QUOTE]ayo me to

im playin d1 football next year

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=kobe24jets;3014051]ayo me to

im playin d1 football next year[/QUOTE]
    I ask that you just don't post about that stuff. You know it's going to cause a fire storm.

Back on topic.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3014053]I ask that you just don't post about that stuff. You know it's going to cause a fire storm.

Back on topic.[/QUOTE]

but it is true

i was helpin ya out

just get like me bro

All Pro
    i don't know how else to say this...

if your dream is to be like the cool guys on tv, then you have a lot more experiences in life to live through, and your opinion on that will change... hopefully.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3014053]I ask that you just don't post about that stuff. You know it's going to cause a fire storm.

Back on topic.[/QUOTE]

You think what he writes is going to cause a fire storm? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3014055]i don't know how else to say this...

if your dream is to be like the cool guys on tv, then you have a lot more experiences in life to live through, and your opinion on that will change... hopefully.[/QUOTE]
    Seriously.. this is my dream. I want to be a broadcaster, I want to be the best broadcaster the sports world has ever seen. But at the same time, I want to wear a suit, and wear a nice watch, and talk about how the trip to my villa in the Bahamas was. It's nice to live a modest life, but deep down EVERYONE wants to be able to live a lif like A-Rod... minus the steroids, and wife thing. To be able to not worry about a thing, just live life, spend the money that you don't have to worry about running out of. And it SUCKS knowing that.. the odds are against that ever happening to me.. or any of us for that matter. Some people go ahead with their goals, and they STILL never make it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3014058]Seriously.. this is my dream. I want to be a broadcaster, I want to be the best broadcaster the sports world has ever seen. But at the same time, I want to wear a suit, and wear a nice watch, and talk about how the trip to my villa in the Bahamas was. It's nice to live a modest life, but deep down EVERYONE wants to be able to live a lif like A-Rod... minus the steroids, and wife thing. To be able to not worry about a thing, just live life, spend the money that you don't have to worry about running out of. And it SUCKS knowing that.. the odds are against that ever happening to me.. or any of us for that matter. Some people go ahead with their goals, and they STILL never make it.[/QUOTE]

I like you Brian. I do. And everytime you make a post I scratch my head and wonder why. For your sake, I hope this thread gets locked asap.

Banned
    best of luck man. keep working hard. there's one thing in life no one can stop, hard work...get off this damn site and start working hard, mickey ds, BK, wendys, the damn KFC, start working hard, you might own one some day.

im being 110% serious. go get em. work hard. blood, sweat, tears no one can substitute that with any watch or car.

When I realized I was never going to be taller than 5'9", was slow and couldn't jump my pro sports dream died.......about 25 years ago.

Practice Squad
    I want to graduate college, move to NYC and become a Police Officer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have a dream

:zzz:

Good luck, 3

rich peple arent anymore happy then poor people, or at least middle class people, dont live for money, live for being happy and try to find your own peace and contentment in this world, as hard or as impossible as it seems

All League
    Your question, have I STOPPED going for my dream? No. My DREAM is to live a happy, healthy comfortable life, good wife & kids and modest home, and to make it to retirement with enough money in the bank to avoid having to pinch my pennies and live social security check to social security check.

That dream is slowly dwindling.

I had a good job. I have the nice house, good kids & wife, and some money in the bank and some investments.

byebye job.
    the money runs out if a good job does not resurface.
    next the investments run out to keep my house (these were retirement investments, so when this happens, there goes the social security check to social security check avoidance dream)
    next the house goes byebye.
    the wife will soon follow because it's all my fault.

well, at least i'll still have good kids. maybe they'll take me in and support me.

or maybe i'll hit the 120 million mega millions pot tonight and buy Jets Club Tickets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=SBIII;3014058] It's nice to live a modest life, but deep down EVERYONE wants to be able to live a lif like A-Rod... minus the steroids, and wife thing. [/QUOTE]

Dude, many folks with a couple of more years than you under their belts will tell you that the "journey is the thing"....not the end-goal, or the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow.

While having money is nice, I guarantee you that most of the guys you see here cracking jokes and talking about the Jets are MORE blessed than AROD, who is an insecure, conflicted mess of a human.

If you can scrape together enough money to put a roof over your head and learn to appreciate what you have, no man will be richer than you.

If you find a good woman and have healthy kids that worship you, it doesnt matter if you make a million or 60g's a year. YOU ARE A KING.

Pursue what interests you, keep a proper perspective (that is an ongoing battle) always buy authentic' apparel and for God's sake, try to take human bites.

All League
    [QUOTE=Carter;3014067]I want to graduate college, move to NYC and become a Police Officer.[/QUOTE]

good for you. Our city needs quality people as officers. and they need to raise the starting salaries to attract them

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3014076]Dude, many folks with a couple of more years than you under their belts will tell you that the "journey is the thing"....not the end-goal, or the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow.

While having money is nice, I guarantee you that most of the guys you see here cracking jokes and talking about the Jets are MORE blessed than AROD, who is an insecure, conflicted mess of a human.

If you can scrape together enough money to put a roof over your head and learn to appreciate what you have, no man will be richer than you.

If you find a good woman and have healthy kids that worship you, it doesnt matter if you make a million or 60g's a year. YOU ARE A KING.

Pursue what interests you, keep a proper perspective (that is an ongoing battle) always buy authentic' apparel and for God's sake, try to take human bites.[/QUOTE]

+1

My dream is to have a good girl by my side, and a set of kids.

Anything else is a bonus.