Thread: Making a run at Stacey Andrews??

All Pro

Making a run at Stacey Andrews??

I remember that last year we were "heavily" interested in obtaining G/T Stacey Andrews from the bengals.

its just my opinion but if we do in-fact cut Brandon Moore, i think we will heavily pursue Andrews who is a much better player than Moore and is young at 27.

All Pro
    Hmmm, if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet. If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3014816]Hmmm, if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet. If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?[/QUOTE]

Apparantly Andrews doesnt want to be part of the organization and the two sides can agree on a new contract.

Im not complaining, Tanny was very high on him before and i believe he will pursue him hard to get him

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;3014819]Apparantly Andrews doesnt want to be part of the organization and the two sides can agree on a new contract.

Im not complaining, Tanny was very high on him before and i believe he will pursue him hard to get him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tanny brought him in when he was a Restricted free agent just to set him up for pursuit the following off-season (last off-season) but the Bungles franchised him. But now he's a free agent and one would think we have a head start if still interested.

In fact I believe Woody was a backup plan to signing Andrews. So if we did sign him Andrews and Woody could battle for RT with the other taking RG.

Undrafted Free Agent

according to NFL radio

Stacy Andrews is injured, cant remember if it was knee or ankle surgery.Said he would not be ready ubtil September.

I made a run at a girl named Stacy Andrews when I was in junior high. It didn't end well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3014859]I made a run at a girl named Stacy Andrews when I was in junior high. It didn't end well.[/QUOTE]

Was she 320 lbs. too?

[QUOTE=Pavilion;3014810]I remember that last year we were "heavily" interested in obtaining G/T Stacey Andrews from the bengals.

its just my opinion but if we do in-fact cut Brandon Moore, i think we will heavily pursue Andrews who is a much better player than Moore and is [B]young at 27.[/B][/QUOTE]

Moore is 28 right now, turning 29 this year. And he's been playing in this system for years, and has spent a year gelling with the current o-line. Go back and watch all of the big runs this year, by both TJ and Leon. Chances are you'll notice that most of them went behind Moore.

All League
    Watched some Bengals games last year and watched him specifically and I'll say Brandon Moore is definitely better.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3014816]Hmmm, [B]if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet.[/B] If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?[/QUOTE]

The funny thing about Andrews being Franchised by the Bengals last season, was that he wasn't even a starter! I remember when we had him in for an interview and Tanny and Mangini seemed enamored with him. Then the Bengals Franchised him. Coming from an organization like the Bengals, Franchising a "back-up" doesn't seem so weird?

I would be interested in bringing in Andrews as part of our line. Remember, Rex and the guys he brought here form the Ravens staff played the Bengals twice a season, so their defenses directly played against Andrews for some time. If that's not "good scouting" I don't know what is.....

why not?