Thread: Making a run at Stacey Andrews??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Making a run at Stacey Andrews??

I remember that last year we were "heavily" interested in obtaining G/T Stacey Andrews from the bengals.

its just my opinion but if we do in-fact cut Brandon Moore, i think we will heavily pursue Andrews who is a much better player than Moore and is young at 27.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet. If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3014816]Hmmm, if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet. If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?[/QUOTE]

Apparantly Andrews doesnt want to be part of the organization and the two sides can agree on a new contract.

Im not complaining, Tanny was very high on him before and i believe he will pursue him hard to get him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;3014819]Apparantly Andrews doesnt want to be part of the organization and the two sides can agree on a new contract.

Im not complaining, Tanny was very high on him before and i believe he will pursue him hard to get him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tanny brought him in when he was a Restricted free agent just to set him up for pursuit the following off-season (last off-season) but the Bungles franchised him. But now he's a free agent and one would think we have a head start if still interested.

In fact I believe Woody was a backup plan to signing Andrews. So if we did sign him Andrews and Woody could battle for RT with the other taking RG.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

according to NFL radio

Stacy Andrews is injured, cant remember if it was knee or ankle surgery.Said he would not be ready ubtil September.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a run at a girl named Stacy Andrews when I was in junior high. It didn't end well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3014859]I made a run at a girl named Stacy Andrews when I was in junior high. It didn't end well.[/QUOTE]

Was she 320 lbs. too?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;3014810]I remember that last year we were "heavily" interested in obtaining G/T Stacey Andrews from the bengals.

its just my opinion but if we do in-fact cut Brandon Moore, i think we will heavily pursue Andrews who is a much better player than Moore and is [B]young at 27.[/B][/QUOTE]

Moore is 28 right now, turning 29 this year. And he's been playing in this system for years, and has spent a year gelling with the current o-line. Go back and watch all of the big runs this year, by both TJ and Leon. Chances are you'll notice that most of them went behind Moore.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched some Bengals games last year and watched him specifically and I'll say Brandon Moore is definitely better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3014816]Hmmm, [B]if he wasn't franchised he would've been a Jet.[/B] If Moore's released I'd definitely take Andrews. Why isn't Cincy resigning him?[/QUOTE]

The funny thing about Andrews being Franchised by the Bengals last season, was that he wasn't even a starter! I remember when we had him in for an interview and Tanny and Mangini seemed enamored with him. Then the Bengals Franchised him. Coming from an organization like the Bengals, Franchising a "back-up" doesn't seem so weird?

I would be interested in bringing in Andrews as part of our line. Remember, Rex and the guys he brought here form the Ravens staff played the Bengals twice a season, so their defenses directly played against Andrews for some time. If that's not "good scouting" I don't know what is.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    why not?