Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Does jetsinsider have any type of golf events

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Does jetsinsider have any type of golf events

Just wondering if Jetsinsider does any type of anual golf events, figured it would be fun to have everyone come out

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done small golf get-togethers during road game trips. I don't participate, but the publisher here likes to play. Set something up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's a great idea...I play on eastern LI, if anyone wants to get together some time this spring, i'd be happy to organize.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :leaf

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    golf sucks

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be down....count me in.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone would end up beaten to death with a 9 iron.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This could be a good idea...perhaps arrange for a couple of Jets alum to attend and raise money for a charity, and hold it at one of the great courses out near Riverhead (I played with Abduhl Salaam at something like that years ago out there)...or just get a bunch of knuckleheads from JI together for yucks, beers, and high scores could be a good idea also. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3015542]This could be a good idea...perhaps arrange for a couple of Jets alum to attend and raise money for a charity, and hold it at one of the great courses out near Riverhead (I played with Abduhl Salaam at something like that years ago out there)...or just get a bunch of knuckleheads from JI together for yucks, beers, and high scores could be a good idea also. :D[/QUOTE]

You never went to the Lefty Larry invitational??:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Savage69;3015545]You never went to the Lefty Larry invitational??:eek:[/quote]
    lol...Larry and I always used to talk golf, is he still out there anywhere? Savage get him to post on JI if you know where he is, definitely an interesting guy. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3015549]lol...Larry and I always used to talk golf, is he still out there anywhere? Savage get him to post on JI if you know where he is, definitely an interesting guy. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Last I saw him he was on the addicts board which is gone..He was here once but he was banned in under 1 hour..:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Savage69;3015555]Last I saw him he was on the addicts board which is gone..He was here once but he was banned in under 1 hour..:P[/quote]
    lol...I just checked the banned list and didn't see him, so I guess it wasn't permanent. I don't remember him posting here

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3015556]lol...I just checked the banned list and didn't see him, so I guess it wasn't permanent. I don't remember him posting here[/QUOTE]

It wasn't this version of the Board..It was a early 01 or so version..Although since Wayne and the Compiler are gone maybe he would last longer..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Savage69;3015557]It wasn't this version of the Board..It was a early 01 or so version..Although since Wayne and the Compiler are gone maybe he would last longer..[/quote]
    He was here last March, I just searched, he made a post in an Al Toon thread...he was still tuned in to Wisc. I think he had a kid there...