Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Arena Football QB Quincy Carter arrested for DWI

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Arena Football QB Quincy Carter arrested for DWI

He Lost his job and now he got arrested

Quincy Carter arrested for DWI
    Comments 11 | Recommend 0
    February 27, 2009 - 9:16 AM
    Sean Gaffney

MISSION - Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter is expected to face DWI and marijuana possession charges today after a late-night arrest near Mission, officials said.

State police said Carter blew twice the legal limit shortly after 2 a.m. Friday. He is expected to go before a Hidalgo County judge later today, said Johnny Hernandez, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.
    Police also found less than two ounces of marijuana in his car, Hernandez added.

Friday's arrest came nearly three days after arenafootball2 officials ruled that Carter could not play for the Rio Grande Valley Dorados this season because of eligibility issues. Friday's arrest was the latest in a career marked by trouble.

Carter, a second-round draft choice out of Georgia in 2001, was cut by the Dallas Cowboys in 2004 amid numerous media reports that he failed a drug test. He started three games for the New York Jets the following season and entered the NFL's substance-abuse program.

After he was released by the Jets, he was signed and quickly released by Montreal's Canadian Football League Team. He was ar-rested again in Irving, Texas on December 2006 for marijuana possession charges.

While playing for the Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings, another af2 team, he was busted again in October 2007 on marijuana possession charges.

Carter played for the Arena Football League's Kansas City Brigade last season and had signed with the Dorados earlier this year after the Arena Football League announced it would suspend the 2009 season because of budget problems.

On Tuesday, af2 officials voted to prohibit players who took the field in the AFL after May 1, 2008, from playing for any af2 team this season stopping Carter from wearing the purple No. 3 jersey.

Friday morning Carter was pulled over along Farm-to-Market 495 in Mission after he failed to use a turn signal. He failed numerous sobriety tests and appeared visibly intoxicated, Hernandez said.

Dorados general manager Grant Buckborough said that the team had no comment on its former quarterback.

"He's not a member of our team and I would find it very inappropriate for us to make comment on it," Buckborough said in a phone interview.

Speaking on the record from a personal standpoint, Buckborough did wish Carter well as he deals with his current situation.

"On a personal note, I wish him nothing but the best," he said. "Hopefully he can get his life in order."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Didnt you get warned about posting pointless ****?
    IT'S ABOUT A FORMER JETS QB BRO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sooth Someone Changed The Title

This Is Not An Arena Football Thread

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess who cares?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsrule128 View Post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Guess who cares?

no someone changed the title i swear

i am going to honor our deal sooth

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure you just broke it, dude.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on bro. Just save your self the frustration and dont post anything nearly related to AFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleasetheAnimal View Post
    Pretty sure you just broke it, dude.
    BUT SOMEONE CHANGED THE TITLE I AM INNOCENT

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quicy Carter is not, and has not been, an NFL QB in quite some time. He was a Jet for a very very short period of time. He was known mostly as a Cowboy, and as a burnt out Arena scrub.

Today is the first day of NFL Free Agency, and the strip is quite busy with legitimate NFL Football Talk and Rumour discussion. This thread belongs more in here, given the topic, than it does on the Strip, and in my view is a clear attempt to post yet more unwanted Area Talk on the Strip, something you have been warned about repeatedly.

Clearly warnings are not enough, it would seem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Quicy Carter is not, and has not been, an NFL QB in quite some time. He was a Jet for a very very short period of time. He was known mostly as a Cowboy, and as a burnt out Arena scrub.

Today is the first day of NFL Free Agency, and the strip is quite busy with legitimate NFL Football Talk and Rumour discussion. This thread belongs more in here, given the topic, than it does on the Strip, and in my view is a clear attempt to post yet more unwanted Area Talk on the Strip, something you have been warned about repeatedly.

Clearly warnings are not enough, it would seem.
    PLEASE DON'T BAN ME

I AM SORRY

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many times do u say sorry a week?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE DON'T BAN ME

I AM SORRY
    I'm not going to.

But while I appreciate your passion JR, you're simply going to have to come to terms with the way things are.

I would strongly suggest that if any new threads you want to post discusses in ANY form an Arena team, an arena player or anything else about Arena Football in any form, or even uses the WORD Arena, that you post in in here, and not on the strip.

I don't want this to continue to be an issue JR. I'm trying very hard to be patient here, but you're not helping me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE DON'T BAN ME

I AM SORRY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm not going to.

But while I appreciate your passion JR, you're simply going to have to come to terms with the way things are.

I would strongly suggest that if any new threads you want to post discusses in ANY form an Arena team, an arena player or anything else about Arena Football in any form, or even uses the WORD Arena, that you post in in here, and not on the strip.

I don't want this to continue to be an issue JR. I'm trying very hard to be patient here, but you're not helping me.
    I believe Sooth may it clear that NO arena football threads are to be posted in here either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Soothsayer
    I've instructed 128 to cease and desist all Arena football posts which he assured me that he would. Please let me know if he violates this agreement. Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bump this thread up, but isn't there a way to take away jetsrule's thread starting capabilities?