Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: hey jets fans!

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    11

    hey jets fans!

    Hey jets fans! My name is Voisey, im from the UK and i play rugby at a semi professional level. My brothers professional rugby player and were both GangGreen fans. I became a jets fan when my family and i went to NY in 2001. Since then ive become crazed, and obsessed with the jets and i bleed green and white. I look foward to talking and no doubt bantering with you all on the forum.

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisey View Post
    Hey jets fans! My name is Voisey, im from the UK and i play rugby at a semi professional level. My brothers professional rugby player and were both GangGreen fans. I became a jets fan when my family and i went to NY in 2001. Since then ive become crazed, and obsessed with the jets and i bleed green and white. I look foward to talking and no doubt bantering with you all on the forum.
    welcome aboard!

  3. #3
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,235
    Images
    38079
    Welcome! We have many Jets fans who post here who are from abroad. We look forward to your contributions. Jump right in!

  4. #4
    ... ahoy! mate!! ... stick another shrimp on the barbie ...






    l_j_r

  5. #5
    welcome, Voisey.


    i used to be a rugger myself, back in the day. used to play hooker, what about you?













    (good thing there's even less people here than in the OT forum )

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i used to be a rugger myself, back in the day. used to play hooker, what about you?

    I always suspected you paid for it...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtstar
    back in the day. used to pay hookers, what about you?



    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I always suspected you paid for it...


    ... fixed ...




    l_j_r

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I always suspected you paid for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ljr@work View Post
    ... fixed ...

    l_j_r

    that's the LAST time i share my rugby memories with any of you *******s




    lol

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    11
    I play outside centre. My brothers a prop. Last weekend i played for my county (somerset) and beat devon, setting up our first try. Thanks for welcoming me on board. Whats the standard of rugby like in the US? is it as physical as football?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I always suspected you paid for it...
    LOL!!

    Glad I came here briefly

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisey View Post
    I play outside centre. My brothers a prop. Last weekend i played for my county (somerset) and beat devon, setting up our first try. Thanks for welcoming me on board. Whats the standard of rugby like in the US? is it as physical as football?
    good stuff, dude.


    Rugby is pretty physical in the US, because a lot of former football players join once their days in pads are over. it translates into a very fast, physical game, where props are often former LB's who are 6'1"-225 and less than 10% body fat.


    still, technique is lacking, and it's usually up to one of the foreign guys on the team to teach everyone else about the nuances of the game. i played for a few years in college, had a great time.


    and yes, i was a hooker. *******s

  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    11
    dont worry i wont bash you for being a hooker

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us