Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I like AVERY, but...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like

    I like AVERY, but...

    This guy was money for the Rangers the last two seasons, and he would've been great for the Rangers this season while Renney was still coaching. BUT...

    We seem to have something going for us since Torts came aboard. We seem to be turning into a fast paced, offensive minded team, which should yield alot of success. Why add Avery to the mix now? Just a little concerned.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTPenny View Post
    This guy was money for the Rangers the last two seasons, and he would've been great for the Rangers this season while Renney was still coaching. BUT...

    We seem to have something going for us since Torts came aboard. We seem to be turning into a fast paced, offensive minded team, which should yield alot of success. Why add Avery to the mix now? Just a little concerned.
    Avery is an up-tempo player. He's not a speed demon but he's pretty quick and he likes to play aggressive. I think he's perfect actually as long as he keeps it cool with his teammates and shows he's there to win, which I think won't be an issue.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I saw the replay last night of Avery and Brodeur in last year's playoffs and I have to admit, I was in tears. He's such a punk but you gotta love him when he's on your team.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jordy...could be a perfect fit. I think what he needs to do is stay out of the box for committing stupid, selfish penalties...I'd also like to see him drop the gloves standing up for his teammates to show the rest of the guys (and the league) it's not all about him, his trash talking and the baggage that he brings.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    I agree with Jordy...could be a perfect fit. I think what he needs to do is stay out of the box for committing stupid, selfish penalties...I'd also like to see him drop the gloves standing up for his teammates to show the rest of the guys (and the league) it's not all about him, his trash talking and the baggage that he brings.
    Avery is not like that coward Ruutu. Avery will drop the gloves.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the way, I saw the replay last night of Avery and Brodeur in last year's playoffs and I have to admit, I was in tears. He's such a punk but you gotta love him when he's on your team.
    Oh god, don't remind me about that one.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Oh god, don't remind me about that one.
    LOL. How many more Ranger/Devils games left this year for Marty and Sean to renew their love affair?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. How many more Ranger/Devils games left this year for Marty and Sean to renew their love affair?
    Just one. It's at the Garden on March 30th. Should be fun.

    Oh yea and maybe another first round match-up in the playoffs???
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 03-04-2009 at 02:44 PM.

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but there were times of late when the situation called for it and he didn't do it. Maybe he was hurting, or gassed at the end of a shift...not sure. I just thing he needs to send a message to his old/new teammates that he's back to the 'ol Sean: a pain-in-the ass grinder who is going to stick up for himself and his teammates.

    Rutuu's a puss...

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Just one. It's at the Garden on March 30th. Should be fun.
    Can't wait. Hopefully, Avery won't get himself in Tort's doghouse by then.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    I know, but there were times of late when the situation called for it and he didn't do it. Maybe he was hurting, or gassed at the end of a shift...not sure. I just thing he needs to send a message to his old/new teammates that he's back to the 'ol Sean: a pain-in-the ass grinder who is going to stick up for himself and his teammates.

    Rutuu's a puss...
    I remember there was a period of time he had a bad hand or wrist and he really couldn't fight.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Just one. It's at the Garden on March 30th. Should be fun.

    Oh yea and maybe another first round match-up in the playoffs???
    I know this one wasn't fun for you guys.

    A 1st round match-up might just be our destiny.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I know this one wasn't fun for you guys.

    A 1st round match-up might just be our destiny.
    Can't say I would be excited to see that happen. Actually, I don't know if I'm comfortable with any team we would have to play if the remaining 6 games are as ugly as the previous 5.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    bottom of a bottle
    Posts
    933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Avery is not like that coward Ruutu. Avery will drop the gloves.
    How many times am I going to have to bust you on this before you admit you never watched Rwtu play a game minus your series against the Pens last year?

    He has about over 10 fights this year, probably more than Avery in his career. He is also a far superior pest. And don't bother with the "He bit someone" bit - Small list of things next to Averys.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53W-7tk4Uw

    It's not just Crosby either

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post
    How many times am I going to have to bust you on this before you admit you never watched Rwtu play a game minus your series against the Pens last year?

    He has about over 10 fights this year, probably more than Avery in his career. He is also a far superior pest. And don't bother with the "He bit someone" bit - Small list of things next to Averys.
    LOL. C'mon Steel. I watch enough. 10 fights? Exaggerate much? He's had 4 fights this year (check hockeyfights.com). 10? Wow. Avery has had 5 this year and he's played in HALF the number of games as Ruutu. Ruutu is the biggest 6' 2" 200 pound pu**y in the NHL
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-01-2009 at 08:40 AM.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    762
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bout Avery getting thrown around like a rag-doll by clarkson the other day? Man that had to be a little embarrasing, but it does go to show how effective Avery is at getting into opponents heads and drawing penalties. The announcer did point out that Avery had his glove off which should mean "fight."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us