Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we trade for Torry Holt?

Whats with all this Holt as a #3 spot?

Do you really think a guy of his caliber is going to be a #3 WR on our team? Who's 2? some unproven guy?

give me a break. We couldnt cover Issac Bruce last year, oh yea he's 3 years older? Bruce and holt have dont take big hits, same with harrison, thats why they have been able to play at a high level for so long.

Plenty of "old" Wr's that still do plenty well

Holt
    Bruce
    Derrick Mason
    Marvin harrison
    Bobby engram( 07) haha
    Donald driver
    Hines Ward

Steven Jackson was damn near hurt all year, Bulger was in and out of the lineup. There oline sucked. Holt isnt done, bet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3035044]I think you guys are underestimating what Holt still has left in the tank

I don't think he's done like Marvin Harrison is done

For one thing, Holt is four years younger than Harrison

Secondly, in 2007 Holt had a typical Torry Holt year with 93 Grabs for 1200 Yards

Last year their O-line was a mess and so was their QB situation, with Bulger even getting benched at one point

Anyway, I think Holt still has something left in the tank .. not what he used to be, but I think he can still approach 80/1000 in the right situation and buy us another year at WR, which we'll probably need even if we do draft a WR high[/QUOTE]

Agree. Holt's worth a look. I don't think people realize how bad our WR situation is. We're not scoring many points next season if we don't start addressing our passing game. And Holt's got phenomenal hands, among the best in the league, he'd be a great mentor for all the young guys. We can still draft a WR, signing Holt wouldn't preclude that.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3036589]Agree. Holt's worth a look. I don't think people realize how bad our WR situation is. We're not scoring many points next season if we don't start addressing our passing game.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]Torry HOLT and Cotchery, 2 NC STATE WOLFPACK ALUM I vote YES!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Rookie
    If we can get him for cheap. Than im all for a Holt signing.

Rookie

Great Post!!!

[QUOTE=JETSWU87;3036579]Whats with all this Holt as a #3 spot?

Do you really think a guy of his caliber is going to be a #3 WR on our team? Who's 2? some unproven guy?

give me a break. We couldnt cover Issac Bruce last year, oh yea he's 3 years older? Bruce and holt have dont take big hits, same with harrison, thats why they have been able to play at a high level for so long.

Plenty of "old" Wr's that still do plenty well

Holt
    Bruce
    Derrick Mason
    Marvin harrison
    Bobby engram( 07) haha
    Donald driver
    Hines Ward

Steven Jackson was damn near hurt all year, Bulger was in and out of the lineup. There oline sucked. Holt isnt done, bet.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

[QUOTE=Heineken08;3036619]If we can get him for cheap. Than im all for a Holt signing.[/QUOTE]

Cheap probably wont happen, there will be a lot of teams looking to sign him.. WR's were very scarce this offseason.

After all coles got a 4 year 28mil contract....and holt is twice the WR coles is.
    Last edited by JETSWU87; 03-05-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Rookie

The Eagles almost traded for Holt last year!

Lito Sheppard and Eagles 1st Round Pick to Rams for Torry Holt? submitted by EaglesRep
    March 02, 2008 | 77 comments | Email to a Friend ESPN Reports: Coming from a very reliable source within the Eagles' organization, within the next 24 to 48 hours Lito Sheppard will be shipped to the St. Louis Rams along with the 19th Pick in the 2008 draft for Rams' wideout Torry Holt. The 31-year old Holt, going into his 10th NFL season, had a very impressive 2007 season. He finished with 93 receptions for 1,189 yards and 7 touchdowns. This addition will vastly improve a struggling Eagles' wide receiving corps.
    Buzz up! Bark it up!
    Flag Email Print

Just thought this was interesting!

no hes gonna be a free agent by march 17 unless they get a trade offer which there not gonna get and they arent going to want to pay him his salary bonus

[QUOTE=JETZONI;3034908]we delt our 5th rd for this year... and one for next year for Sheepard... leaves us 6 picks left for this year... I'd rather go for youth... draft a wr[/QUOTE]

+1

Veteran
    Torry Holt to Carolina? Less than a year ago, St. Louis Rams receiver Torry Holt let it be known he'd one day like to play with the Carolina Panthers. At the time, his brother Terrence, a safety, was on the Panthers' roster. Terrence is gone now, but Torry is available via trade and could be on the market soon if the Rams can't find a trade partner and instead release him. St. Louis needs to make a decision by mid-March, when Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus. It's hard to imagine the Panthers trading a draft pick for Holt and there's virtually no way they'd be able to keep him under the $6.65 million base salary he's scheduled to make in 2009 with his current contract. But if Holt gets released, thinigs could get interesting.

Charlotte Observer

> Comment

Rookie

This video makes me like Holt even more!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXDEwRcdAlA[/url]

I hope if he gets cut we can sign him to a contract similar to what TO got!

Rookie

Good News!

Report: Jets likely to pursue 'Big Game' Holt

The Jets are expected to pursue Torry Holt, according to the New York Daily News.

They may wait for Holt to be released on March 17, although a trade involving a conditional late-round pick before then is possible too. Holt would have a large number of suitors if he hit the open market. The Jets have a need opposite Jerricho Cotchery after releasing split end Laveranues Coles. Mar. 9 - 12:44 pm et
    Source: New York Daily News

Great news!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;3040497]Report: Jets likely to pursue 'Big Game' Holt

The Jets are expected to pursue Torry Holt, according to the New York Daily News.

They may wait for Holt to be released on March 17, although a trade involving a conditional late-round pick before then is possible too. Holt would have a large number of suitors if he hit the open market. The Jets have a need opposite Jerricho Cotchery after releasing split end Laveranues Coles. Mar. 9 - 12:44 pm et

Great news![/QUOTE]

+1 this is why u surrender a pick to get him -- i dont want holt hitting the open market -- Holt will be a great move if we land him no dobut.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=jims jetts;3040497]Report: Jets likely to pursue 'Big Game' Holt

Great news![/quote]

John Clayton is reporting that the Titans are also interested and that he expects 2 or 3 more teams to be interested if Holt is released. He believes that Holt could be had for a 7th round pick.

Rookie

I would do it in a second for a 7th round pick!

[QUOTE=Jordy;3040611]John Clayton is reporting that the Titans are also interested and that he expects 2 or 3 more teams to be interested if Holt is released. He believes that Holt could be had for a 7th round pick.[/QUOTE]

Torry Holt-WR-Rams Mar. 9 - 7:01 pm et

ESPN's John Clayton anticipates the Jets and Titans showing interest in Torry Holt once he's released.

Clayton thinks "two or three more" clubs will join the bidding. The Rams likely would take a seventh-round pick for Holt at this point, so if some team gets serious they could get him for cheap. He might need a new contract, though.

Nice!!!

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3036594][B][SIZE="3"]Torry HOLT and Cotchery, 2 NC STATE WOLFPACK ALUM I vote YES!!!![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Add NC State WR Hakeem Nicks in this years draft and the collection will be complete. :yes:

Rookie

Holts Contract!

Contract Information for Torry Holt

7/18/2003: Signed a seven-year, $42 million contract. The deal included an $11.5 million signing bonus. 2009: $6.65 million (+ $1.25 million roster bonus due 3/17), 2010: Free Agent. Cap charge: $10.205 million (2009).

Anyone know how much Cap space the JETS still have,or will we have to redue his contract.

All League
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3040623]WOW wouldn't that be crazy, to have your TOP 3 WR's all from the same college :eek:

I'm not sure if that's ever happened before :hmm:[/QUOTE]

too bad Nicks goes to Chapel hill and not NC state :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3040502]+1 this is why u surrender a pick to get him -- i dont want holt hitting the open market -- Holt will be a great move if we land him no dobut.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if getting Holt is a great move but it's way better than having Brad Smith compete for a starting wr spot next season against an untested rookie with 0 pro experience.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;3040620]Add NC State WR Hakeem Nicks in this years draft and the collection will be complete. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Hakeem Nicks is from UNC not NC State