Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should we trade for Torry Holt?

All Pro
    No thanks to 33-year-old WRs. He can't possibly play up to his contract, so it wouldn't be smart to sign him.

Championship teams are built through the draft.

Banned
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3040695]No thanks to 33-year-old WRs. He can't possibly play up to his contract, so it wouldn't be smart to sign him.

Championship teams are built through the draft.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya but Cotchery, Brad Smith and a rookie wideout may be the most horrific wr trio in the NFL. Would rather have TO for a year but if we can get Holt at a reasonable price it's an ok move.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3041151]I hear ya but Cotchery, Brad Smith and a rookie wideout may be the most horrific wr trio in the NFL. Would rather have TO for a year but if we can get Holt at a reasonable price it's an ok move.[/QUOTE]

and this is football... even with cotch, clowney, and stuckey in the slot... brad smith, etc, etc.. --- god forbid we suffer an injury.:eek:

and we need more speed on O in general -really any skill position outside of clowney, leon, and keller - we lack it. though that said - i'd really love to add a shonn greene type runner - 2nd round.

-anyway, for wideouts.. just have to add a player to this group. -no ifs, ands, or buts.

All Pro
    There's gotta be some other mid-level free agents out there, anybody have a list?

There is a gaping hole opposite Cotch and a rookie ain't going to fill it. We need a stop-gap and a rookie to grow for next year. Maybe Clowney or Stuckey will rise to the occasion but you sure as hell can't count on it.

[QUOTE=David Harris;3041174]There's gotta be some other mid-level free agents out there, anybody have a list?

There is a gaping hole opposite Cotch and a rookie ain't going to fill it. We need a stop-gap and a rookie to grow for next year. Maybe Clowney or Stuckey will rise to the occasion but you sure as hell can't count on it.[/QUOTE]

trade for holt or braylon edwards.

though compensation/the price -may be too much an issue with edwards. All depends on what clevelands demands are, etc.

with ellard here though... he has valuable insight regarding...

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3041151]I hear ya but Cotchery, Brad Smith and a rookie wideout may be the most horrific wr trio in the NFL. Would rather have TO for a year but if we can get Holt at a reasonable price it's an ok move.[/QUOTE]

I agree...if we are going with either Clemens or Ratliff with their experience they will need as much help as they can at the WR spot. I'd like to see them get Holt, use the first rounder on D and then move up in the second round if they have to and get the best WR available...maybe Kenny Britt for all you Rutgers fans. As a group Holt,Cotch,Keller,Stuckey and Britt(or whoever is there) is probably better than Cotch,Keller,Stuckey,Smith and say Percy Harvin or Nicks. Either way in Rex we trust.

[url]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/holt-pace-uninvited-to-offseason-program/[/url]
    [QUOTE]The Sports Xchange's Howard Balzer reports that the Rams have uninvited Torry Holt and Orlando Pace to participate in their offseason program.The Rams are trying to move on from the pricey duo, but this hurts their leverage in trade talks. Clearly, St. Louis isn't open to bringing back either in 2009. Holt reportedly hasn't heard from anyone in the organization since Steve Spagnuolo was hired as coach. It looks like Holt and Pace might both end up being released. Neither has been linked anywhere in a trade. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by MDL_JET; 03-10-2009 at 02:51 PM.

All Pro
    I heard Curtis Conway is available...

[QUOTE=TheFranchise;3041721]I heard Curtis Conway is available...[/QUOTE]

UUUgh. Horrible.

But not as bad as Matthew Hatchett!

Huh? Beat that one!

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=MDL_JET;3041712][URL]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/holt-pace-uninvited-to-offseason-program/[/URL][/quote]

Holt's definitely on the move.

[QUOTE=Jordy;3041750]Holt's definitely on the move.[/QUOTE]

Yup, he aint goin' back there

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i'm refining my thoughts from a few days ago -

go get holt!

BUT only for a short-term deal

AND still draft a WR with one of our first 2 picks

I dont think Holt has that much left, but our WRs are in really bad shape, and even a WR in round 1 isn't going to help much in 2009... maybe Ellard can get a few more years out of him, and by mid 2010 be a nice #2/3 guy behind Cotch and whoever we draft in 09.

All Pro

Holt isn't much better than the guys already on the roster at this point in his career.

Those who are against adding a veteran QB say, "give the kids a chance." I feel that way if we're talking about an over-the-hill WR like Holt.

The Jets have a big weapon in Keller, and that will take some pressure off the QB, but I think it's time to give Stuckey, Clowney, and a rookie a chance to get lots of playing time.