Thread: My name is Mike and I am NOT the Biggest Loser

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

My name is Mike and I am NOT the Biggest Loser

I really couldn't think of an intro/title for this post? Sorry this is the best I could come up with. My name is Mike and I live in Rhode Island. I've been a Jets' fan for about 16 years now. I started liking/following the Jets when I was in high school. I've always liked the game and the NFL in general. When the "bandwagon" passed through New England, I think that I was one of the few who didn't jump on it. By bandwagon, I mean Bill Parcells. Everyone around here HATED the Patriots. They were like a JV team, playing in a Professional League. Even the stadium seats at the old Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium were the SAME cold, metal, benches that adorned many high school football stadiums. Anyway, I thought about which team I was gonna set my heart on, and follow tried and true, and that team was the New York Jets. I was fascinated by the lore of Joe Namath, and the NY Sack Exchange. Wayne Chrebet is (always be) my favorite NFL player of all-time. He represents the "little man" who works hard for what he accomplishes. But I have NEVER doubted my love of the Jets. I am currently a season ticket holder and try to make as many games as I can. I'm looking forward to my 1st child being born in April, and I have set in stone, that my child will be a Jets' fan! I told my wife that there aren't too many of us Jet fans (she likes the Pats) so I have to do my best to produce them!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... lol - it was written into the marriage contract !!! ... 1st born child becomes a J-E-T-S fan !!! ..

... welcome ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ljr@work View Post
    ... lol - it was written into the marriage contract !!! ... 1st born child becomes a J-E-T-S fan !!! ..

... welcome ...

l_j_r
    But...he's been here two years longer than you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    ... this doesn't make any sense??? ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80 View Post
    I really couldn't think of an intro/title for this post? Sorry this is the best I could come up with. My name is Mike and I live in Rhode Island. I've been a Jets' fan for about 16 years now. I started liking/following the Jets when I was in high school. I've always liked the game and the NFL in general. When the "bandwagon" passed through New England, I think that I was one of the few who didn't jump on it. By bandwagon, I mean Bill Parcells. Everyone around here HATED the Patriots. They were like a JV team, playing in a Professional League. Even the stadium seats at the old Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium were the SAME cold, metal, benches that adorned many high school football stadiums. Anyway, I thought about which team I was gonna set my heart on, and follow tried and true, and that team was the New York Jets. I was fascinated by the lore of Joe Namath, and the NY Sack Exchange. Wayne Chrebet is (always be) my favorite NFL player of all-time. He represents the "little man" who works hard for what he accomplishes. But I have NEVER doubted my love of the Jets. I am currently a season ticket holder and try to make as many games as I can. I'm looking forward to my 1st child being born in April, and I have set in stone, that my child will be a Jets' fan! I told my wife that there aren't too many of us Jet fans (she likes the Pats) so I have to do my best to produce them!
    wtf??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    ... with the amount of posts you have you certainly should realize that i've been here longer than you on my "non-work" log in ...

l_j_r