Thread: Long Time Lurker Turned Member

Veteran

Long Time Lurker Turned Member

Hey everyone, i have been a lurker here on the site for about a year and finally have decided to to join up and contribute to this great site.

I am 18 years old and a freshman at Loyola Maryland. I am a Bergen County native and have been a Jets fan since 1998, when on the day of the AFC championship between the Jets and Broncos my dad took me out to get play-station and madden. He sat me down started the game up and went to select a team and i asked him what team i should be. He looked at me and said, "John you will be the Jets, they are your team and will always be your team."

From That day on i was a die hard NYJ fan.

I love football, i played in HS but blew out my knee three times. Im 6'3 223 lbs. Now i play #1 prop for my colleges Rugby team. I am majoring in Bio-Chem in college and hope to be a pharmaceutical Intellectual Properties lawyer or a surgeon, but im currently leaning towards the lawyer.

I am very knowledgeable in the sport of football, i look past my feelings and attachments to certain players and try to be very honest about people's play and overall performances of coaching and players alike.

I memorize players stat lines like its my job and am more than obsessed with the NFL combine and draft. The draft is my favorite weekend of the year. To me it is beter than xmas. I put a **** ton of work into my scouting of players so come draft time i know everything.

I think smart and dont just look for big player names in acquisitions be it FA or the draft. I understand sometimes you gotta draft the safe needed pick rather than the sexy pick (AKA 2006 draft)

Also im pretty into photoshop and love making sigs, if any of you want a sig hit me up and ill see what i can do....

some of my recent work..

Last edited by ListerFiend; 03-04-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Veteran
    MORE RECENT SIGS AND A WALLPAPER FOR EVERYONE

All Pro
    Those sigs are great, you got skills.

Post a new thread on the landing strip and show off all those sigs.

Nobody goes to the subforums, you are invisible in here..

Veteran
    isnt the landing strip just for NFL and Jets talk now?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    isnt the landing strip just for NFL and Jets talk now?
    ================================================== ==

True, proper place would be the Hanger, but the board is slow now, and you will get the most response on the main page.

In the past the mods have been very good about letting a off topic thread sit on the Landing strip for a few hours before they move it, which they will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Welcome.

Awesome work

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    Hey everyone, i have been a lurker here on the site for about a year and finally have decided to to join up and contribute to this great site.

... welcome aboard dastardly beast !! ...

... got a kick out of your story, but it would seem strange that your old man was such a diehard fan the he would wait to place this "cross to bear" of being a J-E-T-S fan around your neck until '98 ... although thinking about it i guess you would have been only 7 or 8 at that time so it does make sense ... although i'm sure he secretly dressed you in J-E-T-S outfits when you were a baby and mom was out shopping !! ...

... you sound like an interesting dude ... playing football & rugby yet aspirations towards lawyer or doctor ... plus computer skills to boot !! ...

... glad you signed up ...

l_j_r

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Welcome!