Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: Anyone recognize this guy...

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Got the team right.

    After Zidane, best Frenchman to have played for them.
    so who is le mec in the picture?

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    so who is le mec in the picture?
    Raymond Kopa

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Hard to believe but this fat boy was one of the success stories of USA 94...


  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Hard to believe but this fat boy was one of the success stories of USA 94...

    That's not Tony Meola is it?

    I think he tried out for the Jets once.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Hard to believe but this fat boy was one of the success stories of USA 94...

    One of the mascots?

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    One of the mascots?


    Tomas Brolin


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    That's not Tony Meola is it?

    I think he tried out for the Jets once.
    He did.

    He had a pretty decent career as the keeper for the US team, as well as the NY/NJ Metrostars. I saw him on TV last year playing keeper for some team in an obscure indoor soccer league.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post


    Tomas Brolin

    When you said one of the heroes I thought you meant he was on the American squad.

    He was a good player. I remember getting a nasty injury afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    He did.

    He had a pretty decent career as the keeper for the US team, as well as the NY/NJ Metrostars. I saw him on TV last year playing keeper for some team in an obscure indoor soccer league.

    Funny Meola story...

    I was visiting my sister in NYC right after the WC. My sister comes to me all contrite saying she’d accepted an invitation. Her roommate from college was getting married and my sister said, sure we’ll go. I wasn’t please because her roommate was a total pain in the ass. You remember Janice in Friends? It was her spitting image.

    So we get into the church and I couldn’t believe my eyes: Guidoville. I mean it was so crazy I was laughing. The whole thing was just a huge stereotype: chicks smacking the gum, maiden of honor pulls her speech out of her bra, groom says his vows with Stairway to Heaven playing on a boom box he’d brought, the sister dressed like a whore in a leopard miniskirt with her thong sticking out…it was hilarious.

    Afterwards we go to the reception, and the parody just keeps going on and on. I got hit on by the brides mother…the brother who’d been banned by the family showed up drunk, hugs all around, all is forgiven, before getting into a fight an hour later..

    Why am I telling this story?

    After the ceremony I tell my sister that the groom is Tony Meola. The whole night I’m telling her it’s him.

    Near the end of the reception my sister tells me the whole thing is fake. It was a play. She totally owned me. The story worked because her roommate was Janice personified, so the whole thing seemed plausible.

    And the groom was in fact Tony Meola, who I think tried a bit of acting.

    Et voila my Tony meola story.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    When you said one of the heroes I thought you meant he was on the American squad.

    He was a good player. I remember getting a nasty injury afterwards.




    Funny Meola story...

    I was visiting my sister in NYC right after the WC. My sister comes to me all contrite saying she’d accepted an invitation. Her roommate from college was getting married and my sister said, sure we’ll go. I wasn’t please because her roommate was a total pain in the ass. You remember Janice in Friends? It was her spitting image.

    So we get into the church and I couldn’t believe my eyes: Guidoville. I mean it was so crazy I was laughing. The whole thing was just a huge stereotype: chicks smacking the gum, maiden of honor pulls her speech out of her bra, groom says his vows with Stairway to Heaven playing on a boom box he’d brought, the sister dressed like a whore in a leopard miniskirt with her thong sticking out…it was hilarious.

    Afterwards we go to the reception, and the parody just keeps going on and on. I got hit on by the brides mother…the brother who’d been banned by the family showed up drunk, hugs all around, all is forgiven, before getting into a fight an hour later..

    Why am I telling this story?

    After the ceremony I tell my sister that the groom is Tony Meola. The whole night I’m telling her it’s him.

    Near the end of the reception my sister tells me the whole thing is fake. It was a play. She totally owned me. The story worked because her roommate was Janice personified, so the whole thing seemed plausible.

    And the groom was in fact Tony Meola, who I think tried a bit of acting.

    Et voila my Tony meola story.

    LOL, wait, what? Was it actually Meola's theme wedding, or was the whole thing a put-on? That's a bizarre story.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    LOL, wait, what? Was it actually Meola's theme wedding, or was the whole thing a put-on? That's a bizarre story.
    Yeah it's hard to explain. It was a fake wedding + reception. The bride, groom, and family were all actors. At the reception you had drinks and food. The actors would come and see you like in a real wedding, in character.

    The brides mother came to my table and took me dancing and explained how bored she was with her husband

    I was the only person there who thought it was real.

    I had an awesome time.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Yeah it's hard to explain. It was a fake wedding + reception. The bride, groom, and family were all actors. At the reception you had drinks and food. The actors would come and see you like in a real wedding, in character.

    The brides mother came to my table and took me dancing and explained how bored she was with her husband

    I was the only person there who thought it was real.

    I had an awesome time.
    haha, that is awesome. I've never heard of anything like that. And Tony Meola played the groom? Bizarre.

  12. #52
    That's a great story.....you did indeed get owned, but sounds like you had a ball doing it.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    haha, that is awesome. I've never heard of anything like that. And Tony Meola played the groom? Bizarre.
    I found it, and it's still playing. It's apparently the longest running off Broadway show.

    It's called Tony n' Tina's Wedding.
    http://www.tonylovestina.com/tony_tina_show_info_1.cfm

    I recommend it. If you get into it, you'll have blast. 87 bucks though...

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    here's a new one:


  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I found it, and it's still playing. It's apparently the longest running off Broadway show.

    It's called Tony n' Tina's Wedding.
    http://www.tonylovestina.com/tony_tina_show_info_1.cfm

    I recommend it. If you get into it, you'll have blast. 87 bucks though...
    Ohhh, that's what that is? They have that show in Atlantic City, I always see billboards for it.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    here's a new one:

    Looks like Cristian Vieri.


  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Looks like Cristian Vieri.


  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post


    I got one. I was hesitating with Cannavaro. OK, let me get one.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,969
    Don't right click for the Properties


  20. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Don't right click for the Properties

    I can't decide between Roberto Baggio and Marco Simone?

    But it looks more like Baggio.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us