Thread: cmonnn trex!

cmonnn trex!

As many know, I have been spewing crabtree koolaid on these boards since the offseason started. Now, with Braylon on the block, TO being cut, Holt on the verge of bein cut, Seattle picking up Housh, and Crabtree's injury, my wish for this offseason may actually now be attainable!

T-Rex...GET Crabtree in a Jets uniform!!!

As others have stated, seattle may be out of the runnings for a WR, and with Britt emerging and Crabtree's injury, he just may fall to us. In case he doesn't, I still would not be opposed to packaging our first and third round picks to move up a couple of spots to 15 to take him.

GET IT DONE!!!

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3035937]As many know, I have been spewing crabtree koolaid on these boards since the offseason started. Now, with Braylon on the block, TO being cut, Holt on the verge of bein cut, Seattle picking up Housh, and Crabtree's injury, my wish for this offseason may actually now be attainable!

As others have stated, seattle may be out of the runnings for a WR, and with Britt emerging and Crabtree's injury, he just may fall to us. In case he doesn't, I still would not be opposed to packaging our first and third round picks to move up a couple of spots to 15 to take him.

GET IT DONE!!![/QUOTE]

I'd be stunned if he drops to 15. I'd be suprise if he even fell out of the top 8.
    Jets aren't going to trade that far up to get him.

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3035937]As many know, I have been spewing crabtree koolaid on these boards since the offseason started. Now, with Braylon on the block, TO being cut, Holt on the verge of bein cut, Seattle picking up Housh, and Crabtree's injury, my wish for this offseason may actually now be attainable!

GET IT DONE!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, nice seeing you the other day (so random). I live in pittsburgh though, so I'm not home too often.

I would love crabtree-- but between seattle, oakland, and SF, I don't think he'll be passed on by all 3 of them.

The best thing for us would be for TO to go to Oakland, and for SF to draft a QB. No one else really has a pressing need at WR.

The side benefit of all this is that Maclin now becomes a real possibility.

No way it happens. Even if he falls out of the top 5, which is doubtful, the Jets would have to trade the farm to get him. Just not worth it. We can stay where we are and grab either Nicks of Britt. Not bad at all I say.

All League
    britt

[QUOTE=MagroCrag;3035976]No way it happens. Even if he falls out of the top 5, which is doubtful, the Jets would have to trade the farm to get him. Just not worth it. We can stay where we are and grab either Nicks of Britt. Not bad at all I say.[/QUOTE]

I want no part of either. The only two pure, no bones about it, #1s I see in this draft are Crabtree and Maclin. And even Maclin will need some work.

I see Crabtree coming in and having the type of rookie year Boldin had, and just taking off from there. We would not have to trade the farm to get him...if he does fall to 13/14, we can jump san diego who I think is a sneak to take a WR with just our first and third rounders.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3035960]Dude, nice seeing you the other day (so random). I live in pittsburgh though, so I'm not home too often.

I would love crabtree-- but between seattle, oakland, and SF, I don't think he'll be passed on by all 3 of them.

The best thing for us would be for TO to go to Oakland, and for SF to draft a QB. No one else really has a pressing need at WR.

The side benefit of all this is that Maclin now becomes a real possibility.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea that was random. I do think TO is going to the raiders, and I actually see SF going defense so it may not be far-fetched. I honestly believe our biggest competition for a WR if TO ends up in oakland would be San Diego.

Let me know next time you're up...I thought you just went to school down there. You graduated and are workin downg there too?

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3036016]Haha yea that was random. I do think TO is going to the raiders, and I actually see SF going defense so it may not be far-fetched. I honestly believe our biggest competition for a WR if TO ends up in oakland would be San Diego.

Let me know next time you're up...I thought you just went to school down there. You graduated and are workin downg there too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, graduated and couldn't find a job in the NYC area, so I took a banking job here in Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't break the farm for Crabtree if we know Maclin's going to be there at 17.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3036016]Haha yea that was random. I do think TO is going to the raiders, and I actually see SF going defense so it may not be far-fetched. I honestly believe our biggest competition for a WR if TO ends up in oakland would be San Diego.

Let me know next time you're up...I thought you just went to school down there. You graduated and are workin downg there too?[/QUOTE]

Absent his foot falling off after surgery, there is no way Crabtree comes close to falling to even the 12th pick. He's a top 5 player in this draft. So, while team needs may drop him a couple of picks, there's simply no way all teams in the latter half of the top 10 will pass him by when the value will be there. If you want to trade up for him, start with 2 #1s and go from there.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3036079]Absent his foot falling off after surgery, there is no way Crabtree comes close to falling to even the 12th pick. He's a top 5 player in this draft. So, while team needs may drop him a couple of picks, there's simply no way all teams in the latter half of the top 10 will pass him by when the value will be there. If you want to trade up for him, start with 2 #1s and go from there.[/QUOTE]

Agreed he's a top 5, but with so many WR needs being filled, and his injury, you never know! Keep up the hope!!

Is there anyway to change the title of this thread to "We need a stud WR before we need a stud DE!"

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3041477]Is there anyway to change the title of this thread to "We need a stud WR before we need a stud DE!"[/QUOTE]

+1