Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O'Brien and Ryan would start on the JETS today!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

0'Brien could do it all!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDt3_g-6wWE[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ken O'Brien was a good QB. You can't go by statistics, because in the 80's, nobody had a QB rating of over 100, it just wasn't normal. The game was a little different then. He did play with a lot of weapons, but for 2 or 3 consecutive years, he was sacked the most of any QB. Was that because he had a slow release, bad offensive line, offensive system that didn't go with his style, combination?

He was no Marino, like everyone wants to compare him to, but he was a good qB.

Whatever the case, I don't think he was unappreciated in his time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3038216]Ken O'Brien was a good QB. You can't go by statistics, because in the 80's, nobody had a QB rating of over 100, it just wasn't normal. The game was a little different then. He did play with a lot of weapons, but for 2 or 3 consecutive years, he was sacked the most of any QB. Was that because he had a slow release, bad offensive line, offensive system that didn't go with his style, combination?

Whatever the case, I don't think he was unappreciated in his time.[/QUOTE]

The game was different in the 80's and really different in the 60's and 70's when Joe played..Kenny was OK but I'm still pissed we didn't take Marino.:steamin: Imagine Freeman/Hector with todays line..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3038216]Ken O'Brien was a good QB. You can't go by statistics, because in the 80's, nobody had a QB rating of over 100, it just wasn't normal. The game was a little different then. He did play with a lot of weapons, but for 2 or 3 consecutive years, he was sacked the most of any QB. Was that because he had a slow release, bad offensive line, offensive system that didn't go with his style, combination?

He was only compared to Marino because he was drafted before him,he is no Elway,Kelley or Marino! But I would take him in a heartbeat today!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3038232]The game was different in the 80's and really different in the 60's and 70's when Joe played..Kenny was OK but I'm still pissed we didn't take Marino.:steamin: Imagine Freeman/Hector with todays line..[/QUOTE]

I can never be sure a player will be as good today as he was back when he played if you plucked him out of time and set him on a team today. There are like a handful of guys that I'd bet on, and the rest you can never know. Sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time.

I don't think defenses were as complicated as they are now. Running and passing schemes have changed. Who knows if a player would be as good.

It's a good topic. I'll start a thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1986 Jets Rocked!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm_QilrHkh8[/url]

Look at the moves!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken basically had the same skillset as Rob Johnson, albeit with much more success.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3038314]Ken basically had the same skillset as Rob Johnson, albeit with much more success.[/QUOTE]

Rob Johnson also had a very crappy attitude.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3038317]Rob Johnson also had a very crappy attitude.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Ken was a great team player. He never whined when the media was adoring Pat Ryan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jims jetts;3037713][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWtTxm_Kemk[/url][/QUOTE]

Anybody who didn't see Al Toon, do yourself a favor and watch what at happens around the 4:30 mark of this clip.

We have not had a better receiver since. Not even close.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan and O'brien Highlight!

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/647-jets-24-7-greatest-moments-jets-vs-dolphins-11-27-88[/url]

If we had these two guys this year we would have made the playoffs!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3038346]Anybody who didn't see Al Toon, do yourself a favor and watch what at happens around the 4:30 mark of this clip.

We have not had a better receiver since. Not even close.[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome clip. A few notes:

Of course I couldn't watch Ken O'brien without seeing him getting sacked. Twice.

Joe Walton on the sidelines looking lost, with his hat not firmly placed on his head.

Nuu Faaola coming in on short yardage situation.

Al Toon showing why he's one of the best WRs we've ever had.

Great clip!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3038232]The game was different in the 80's and really different in the 60's and 70's when Joe played..Kenny was OK but I'm still pissed we didn't take Marino.:steamin: Imagine Freeman/Hector with todays line..[/QUOTE]
    [img]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLG7mHYU7O4[/img]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3038950]That's an awesome clip. A few notes:

Of course I couldn't watch Ken O'brien without seeing him getting sacked. Twice.

Joe Walton on the sidelines looking lost, with his hat not firmly placed on his head.

Nuu Faaola coming in on short yardage situation.

Al Toon showing why he's one of the best WRs we've ever had.

Great clip![/QUOTE]

Marc Wilson was the 4th highest paid player in the NFL in 1987? How is that even possible?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3039027]Marc Wilson was the 4th highest paid player in the NFL in 1987? How is that even possible?[/QUOTE]Easy. It's the Raiders. Remember, Al Davis is the same guy who paid one-game wonders like Larry Brown and Desmond Howard a king's ransom. Those guys are probably STILL living off the money Al paid them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wesley Walker on the teams feelings at the time having to leave Shea and move to New Jersey and play in Giants Stadium....

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Aul1Z3rVc&eurl=http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190829&feature=player_embedded[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;3039375]Wesley Walker on the teams feelings at the time having to leave Shea and move to New Jersey and play in Giants Stadium....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Aul1Z3rVc&eurl=http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190829&feature=player_embedded[/url][/QUOTE]

hey fatman, how's the movie project going??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3039405]hey fatman, how's the movie project going??[/QUOTE]

The the official name of the movie has been changed to just --anunnaki-- without the #1 and great progress has been made towards its release also there are some pictures from the movie have been released this month in one of the biggest movie special effects industry magazines called HDRI3D with explanations of some of the effects by my friend and the movie's producer john gress, and they look freakin awesome..Like I said before this is a totally independent movie with only 3 people working on the special effects so the proccess has been a long one. Jon will make this the best possible movie he can all based on Sitchins books, and the 7 books of creation as recorded by the ancient Sumerian's with a little bit of Sci-Fi thrown in for the entertainment value.